Best Box Mods of 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karen Powell

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2015
pasadena texas
I say it's the "COOL FIRE 4". It's just perfect all the way around. IMG_20151118_193419.jpg

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
For the Masses
Evic Vt
Everyone concentrated so much on it's TC Capabilities they forgot about what a good all around box it is.
Now that it's hit the $40.00 price point it's a steal.

I have it paired with a Tobeco Super tank Mini and they go together very well.

Offers the battery power of a dual 18650 mod without the huge size.

Reactions: Hans Wermhat

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
I have to bump my #1 down a notch, I just received my Evic VTC mini and instantly downloaded fw version 2.0. I have to say this is my new favorite, I bought it from MFS for $40 shipped with a sleeve that came yesterday. Today I seen that they are having a Flash sale for $29 so I picked up a Blue too. For that price you get a great 75w with Ni,Ti,K1,SS and a bypass mode after downloading the new firmware. This makes it the best single battery temp mod with the most features I have to date.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I say it's the "COOL FIRE 4". It's just perfect all the way around. View attachment 507200

I like my Innokin Cool Fire 4, but it needs dual 18650s to keep up with the iStick 50W that I kicked to the curb for display failures on two in a row.

I loved the iStick 50W. It was just unreliable. Good thing they both failed under warranty.

Cool Fire 4 is a great VV/VW mod, but it's only good for about 6 to 8 hours of vaping. Its saving grace is the USB charge port.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I bit the bullet and bought a Smok Koopor Plus 200W the other day. I didn't buy it for the 200W rating. I bought it for the dual replaceable 18650 batteries that will give me two days of vaping on a charge.

So far, so good. It will go from morning one day until late afternoon/evening the next day vaping at 10W. At that point it's showing 1/4 charge left. At 1/4 charge the batteries are reading about 3.4v/3.5v, so it's probably going to declare dead batteries at 3.2v. That's a little lower than I like to see them go, so I charge when it gets to 1/4 battery left. It's wider and taller than my other box mods by 1/2" or so. Since it's stainless steel with what appears to be a powder coated paint finish, it's a little heavier.

It does VV/VW with Kanthal and temperature control with nickel, stainless steel, or titanium coils. It also has a strength setting that varies the rise time of the voltage to the coil to make it a harder hit or various levels of slow rise soft hit. I guess that gives you time to start the air flow from a hit before the heat maxes out.

It was $69.99 at the local vape shop. Online it's commonly found at around $50.

Last edited:

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I see the dna 200 mentioned a few times. But for me the Rx200 hands down as bang for your buck. I have several now and with the TCR adjustment and battery life I love em. At 40 bucks I could buy 3 compared to the dna version. There is a reason it made Alot of top 5 lists. But that's just my opinion.

Reactions: haleysdadda
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread