best juice ever may be lost forever

Status
Not open for further replies.

crank

Oct 16, 2013
middleburg
my nephew ran out of juice a few days ago, so he went out to my shop and found 3 bottles of something i made about a year ago. he told on himself by asking if i had more today lol.

it was 30mil bottles and horrible when i made it. well he tried it and let his buddies try it. they all said it was the absolute best they ever had, and are going crazy wanting more.

he ended up putting it in 10 mil bottles and selling it for 15$ a bottle. i think i know what i put in it, but do not remember the %s.

i tried it at 1 week, 2 weeks and a 3 week steep it was horrible at all of them. i guess all it needed was a 1 year steep lol. according to him it would have been the next big thing. just my luck i never write anything down.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Some of my mood mixes turn out so nice I kick myself for not writing down what finished e-liquids I added to make up that one of a kind flavor but I don't usually take notes for something like that. A new recipe always is saved and if I adjust or tweak it those note get written down. If the tweak was that good I go in and edit the recipe.

Reactions: LeeLee26

crank

Oct 16, 2013
middleburg
I never really made what I call a really great juice either lol. I started working to much to make my own so I quit and just started buying it again lol. I just ordered about 40 flavors tho lol. I plan to make a few Percentage combos of what I think I put in it. lol it may be a year down the road but I'll figure it out. surely it won't take over a one month steep tho. I think I just gave up on it to quick last time.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
You might want to check out Bill's Magic Vapor's 100DT (100 Drop Taste Test). It's a way to make very small (3-4mL) amounts of eliquid, tweaking it, taking notes, etc. until you get it exactly the way you want it. That tiny amount will then be easy to replicate in whatever amount you want to make. It'll always be the exact same great taste/vape as that small sample you made!

I use that method for every new recipe I try, and some of my own concoctions I try out. Have never made anything yet that was "flush worthy" using his method. I've always been able to tweak it until it's exactly what I'm going for.

Here's a link to it in his Blog:

Using Bill's 100DT Taste Test Method | E-Cigarette Forum

He's a longtime member of the ECF and used to make eliquid commercially. His blog is full of very helpful hints, tips, recommendations, steps for processes, etc., as well as many of his wonderful recipes! He does subscribe to the high total flavor (HFT) method, because most recipes don't require steeping then. However, you can always start with a lower % of any flavorings in the recipes, and just gradually go up if you'd like to to suit your own tastes...or not, if you don't need to.

LeeLee26

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2016
Hatfield , Kentucky
my nephew ran out of juice a few days ago, so he went out to my shop and found 3 bottles of something i made about a year ago. he told on himself by asking if i had more today lol.

it was 30mil bottles and horrible when i made it. well he tried it and let his buddies try it. they all said it was the absolute best they ever had, and are going crazy wanting more.

he ended up putting it in 10 mil bottles and selling it for 15$ a bottle. i think i know what i put in it, but do not remember the %s.

i tried it at 1 week, 2 weeks and a 3 week steep it was horrible at all of them. i guess all it needed was a 1 year steep lol. according to him it would have been the next big thing. just my luck i never write anything down.
I found some white old VHS stickers I write what I put in bottle % of each an then when done I tape them to the bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread