Status
Not open for further replies.

STVNMR

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2011
Celina, TX
The first time I ordered Boba's Bounty, it was the nectar of the gods everyone on ECF said it would be, full of that sweet graham crackery, honey goodness. The next several bottles were the same, and steeping them only made the flavor better. I never understood why is was sold as a tobacco flavor when it clearly was anything but...

Now, every time I get a new bottle, it tastes like tobacco. And not JUST tobacco - burnt tobacco. At first I thought it needed to steep, so I let it sit for a week. When it tasted the same, I let it sit again. After two weeks, I got fed up and sold it to a friend to claimed he liked the taste. He was just coming from analogs anyway, so I'm sure it wasn't so bad for him.

Next bottle I got, same thing. I let it steep for a week, checked it, and still hated it. I gave that bottle to the same friend and contacted Ben at AVE about the issue, and he said to send it back. Too late. My buddy vaped it all.

Third bottle: one more try... Still tasted like burnt tobacco. I didn't try to steep that one before giving it to a different friend who recently converted to e-cigs.

So... Has anyone else had this problem, or is it just me? I'm wondering if AVE has good days and bad days at mixing or what else could be happening to turn the best flavor I ever tasted into complete garbage. I've been thinking about ordering another bottle to see if anything's changed since AVE has been down for a while, but I'm still a little skeptical. If anyone else has dealt with that unusual burnt tobacco flavor one time and gotten a new bottle of the sweet, sweet goodness that is (or should be) Boba's Bounty, I'd like to hear your experiences.

STVNMR

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2011
Celina, TX
i get that flavor when it burns just a little to hot try a little lower power

I've tried dialing down the voltage to the point where I get almost no vapor, but the burnt taste is still there. It's got to be the juice itself. I don't know if it's the mix, the way it was stored/packaged during shipping, or what.

Cyia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Independence, Missouri
The bottle I just got is packed with flavor so far that I can tell. It's my first bottle and I just got it today. It's a bit flowery? I don't know how else to explain it but that will probably go away once it steeps a bit. But I'm not getting any burnt taste off of it. Maybe your taste buds shifted and such? That tends to happen.

STVNMR

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2011
Celina, TX
I started vaping Boba's out of a carto tank when I first tried it and loved it. I noticed a change when I switched to BCCs (T3s and eVods) and bought a new bottle, so I thought that may have been the issue. But when I broke out the carto tank again to compare, I got the same nasty burnt flavor.

Thanks for your suggestions so far. I really want to figure out whether the problem is something I can fix on my end or if someone else knows anything about quality control with AVE juices. As far as I've read through other threads, everyone else has loved it or hated it from the first bottle. I've seen a couple other threads questioning potential bad batches, but nothing describing the issue I've had so far. A member of the of the AVE team (might be Ben) mentioned in one thread that the would check to be sure the shipping environment wasn't affecting the liquid, but that was about a year ago. Now that I know his username, I'll PM him for his thoughts.

Any other suggestions you guys may have would be appreciated.

Tanrichguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
Rochester, NY
I'm a newer vaper and purchased Boba's because of all the hype. First I tried it in a vivi nova. It tasted slightly burnt and devoid of flavor. Then in a Protank. Slightly less burnt but still muted flavor. Then I got a Kayfun Mini and OH BOY! What a difference an atty makes. I'm getting graham cracker and raisin? notes and its quite sweet too. Lovin' it! And to think I was going to give it away...

ph0kused

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Orange County, CA, USA
YES!!!!!

I've had the same problem. I've been an AVID Boba's Bounty fan. The moment I spring for the 100ml bottle of 6mg and 24mg they tasted SORT OF like honey the first day....

After 4-5 days of steeping it is 100% tobacco... which i don't really mind, but geeze, it took away 90% of the OMG! taste. Now it's just meh.

I'm going to send my bottle back - I still have around 195 ml left (2 - 100ml bottles)

Keep in mind prior to this experience ive gone through about $250.00 worth of BB NOT switching my device, or juice delivery system.

I'd say I'm qualified enough to say, yes definitely something has changed. There is NO honey Flavor, NO graham cracker flavor... just tobacco... similar to the crappy gas station vapor brand "Universal" and their Tobacco juice.

I buy Boba's in 2 strengths, 6mg and 24mg - both taste the exact "meh" taste. I will always buy from AVE, but something is up - im going to submit a ticket, I will keep you guys posted. I ordered these bottles on July 29th 2013

ph0kused

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Orange County, CA, USA
I'm a newer vaper and purchased Boba's because of all the hype. First I tried it in a vivi nova. It tasted slightly burnt and devoid of flavor. Then in a Protank. Slightly less burnt but still muted flavor. Then I got a Kayfun Mini and OH BOY! What a difference an atty makes. I'm getting graham cracker and raisin? notes and its quite sweet too. Lovin' it! And to think I was going to give it away...

When did you buy your BB? I bought mine 7/29/13.

Ive always vaped my BB through a K100 w/ Nimbus dual coils & an eVic w/ Vivi Nova 1.8ohm heads

I've never switched my setup...

I didn't get a burnt taste... I just got a bland tobacco taste, no good honey sweetness like previous batches. My patches I bought in early Jul 2013 and June 2013 were 1000 x times better.

This July 29th batch is very different.... Has anyone else made a purchase around that time and got different results?

BmoreJeff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Baltimore, MD
i think that after they went out of stock with the bobas for about a week or so a month ago that it hasnt been the same since. i vape only bobas and gorilla juice steeped for a month and the bobas def tastes different. maybe they have a new supplier of ingredients or what not but i def get a different taste. its slight but noticeable to someone who vapes it on the reg

littlebluepig

Verified Member
Apr 11, 2013
Arkansas
I'm also someone who bought Boba's because of the hype. I've read numerous review on Boba's and was looking forward to all the flavors I have heard about. I got mine a week ago and tried it straight out of the mail. I didn't get anything but oatmeal raisin pipe tobacco. With that said, if I smoked a pipe I would order this stuff by the pound. It was extremely smooth and mellow. I've been vaping a couple mils a day and find that the flavors are coming together very nicely. Even though I am enjoying it, I am disappointed that I'm not getting the other flavors everyone is raving about.

Last edited:

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com

littlebluepig

Verified Member
Apr 11, 2013
Arkansas
Update: After reading last night I pick Boba's back up and tried it again. The oatmeal raisin is still there, just not as pronounced. The tobacco flavor is almost gone. For the first time I'm getting the honey, not just the taste but the feel of honey. The vapor seems thicker and wetter. I liked it before, but now I'm finally starting to get what the fuss is about.

shatner

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2010
Houston, Tx.
OCyQg_zps32ff9e05.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread