Best place to order online...

Status
Not open for further replies.

newvaper92

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
Jackson, Michigan
I'm looking for an opinion of a good place to order online, finally going for the 100w Istick, plus will need batteries and a charger, some good juice, Horizontech Arctic coils, and Kanger Subtank coils. Would like to order everything from one seller if possible. Good prices and shipping are a plus. Once I get the order, I'm going to give my Dad my 30w Istick and Subtank nano to hopefully get him off of his 30-40 a day habit. Recommendations of juice flavors and nicotine levels that he might like would be awesome- He is 65, so I don't know how well he is going to take to the Subtank, but I know ego's didn't work for him. He likes his coffee and cigarettes, and anything caramel, so if anybody has any recommendations! I know what nic level I want, but haven't really ordered any juice online so would love some flavor recommendations for myself- I like fruity and / or sweet juices, preferably max vg. It's hard ordering something without being able to taste it first lol! But my local shop is just too expensive to visit regularly! Any advice is appreciated, Thanks!

gadgetkeith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2015
Heber Srings Arkansas
+1 on myvaporstore MVS

if your not to sure how ya Dad will take to the kanger subtank pick up some 1.2ohm occ coils for him instead of the 0.5ohm coils its a cooler vape than the subohm ones

i started on 6mg nic whith the kanger tanks and gave up analogs the day i started, just a guide as to nic level with a subtank

as for recomending flavors try some tasting at your local B&M (vape store) most places have a tasting section and use clearos etc so not great but should give you some sort of idea, you dont have to buy them there as you say cheaper online but if you do go in to do some tasting etc buy something cheap like a pack of coils or some cotton or wire just as a token thank you for the tasting session .

hope you find what you want for you and ya Dad

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
I'll add VaporDNA to the list of the people above.

Does your dad want to quit? For example, my dad smoked 2 packs a day. He has been using an iStick 50w and Atlantis Sub Ohm tank with the 0.5 ohm coil at 25w and he is perfectly happy. I make him unflavored. 60vg/40pg, 18mg nicotine. Anything lower doesn't work for him still. He is smoke free for 6 months. He absolutely hated every single flavor he tried, which with me doing reviews on YouTube I had a ton of e-juice sitting around. Unflavored made him smile and say it's as close the Marlboro light as he had tasted so far.

newvaper92

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2015
Jackson, Michigan
I think he "does" want to quit, but he doesn't want to give up the cigarettes. He has tried many times to quit for good, and has managed a year a couple times, but after about 2 days with no smokes he is flat out crabby, grouchy, ornery, and awful! Even on the chantix (he has done that twice) he is awful to be around. He needs to quit for his health, he has heart problems and had cancer (3 years ago, it is currently in remission). Hopefully replacing the nicotine and act of smoking he will be able to drop the stinkies for good. If not, well, I can't say I didn't try! I vape to be able to put up with him (LOL) or I would probably be smoking.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I think he "does" want to quit, but he doesn't want to give up the cigarettes. He has tried many times to quit for good, and has managed a year a couple times, but after about 2 days with no smokes he is flat out crabby, grouchy, ornery, and awful! Even on the chantix (he has done that twice) he is awful to be around. He needs to quit for his health, he has heart problems and had cancer (3 years ago, it is currently in remission). Hopefully replacing the nicotine and act of smoking he will be able to drop the stinkies for good. If not, well, I can't say I didn't try! I vape to be able to put up with him (LOL) or I would probably be smoking.

If you can get him online here, there are plenty of people in his age group for guidance and support.
    There are 2 threads here, one in the lounge, called the Porches which are generally 55 and up age group.

I agree with the folks above.. 101vape, myvaporstore, 88evape, and for batteries I've been buying them from WakeandVape lately because you can get 4 for $21. As for the juices I've been getting my dad a juice from Unicorn Vapor called MLB that is one of the best tobacco's I've ever found and he says it's the closest to a cigarette taste he's found. It's helped him stay away from smoking the best yet. I get it in 12mg for him because he smokes Marlboro lights. They also have some other great flavors like the buttery nipple for a butterscotch, mad melons, unicorn cheesecake, and strawberry lemonade. I love all these vendors and post deals for them all the time.

MLB is a special request so you may have to order a flavor and put in the comment during checkout you want MLB in place of that flavor. they also just released a great Peach Harvest Tobacco that I buy for myself.

newvaper92

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 28, 2015
    Jackson, Michigan
    I doubt I'll ever get my Dad on here, he is old and set in his ways, his latest accomplishment is learning how to pay the car insurance bill on his smartphone, and he checks the weather on it as well. That and talk and text lol. He doesn't have a computer, and wouldn't have the foggiest clue on how to use mine. I'm hoping he decides to quit, although the two extra buttons on the Istick may present a challenge/learning experience lol- I have him a simple ego/ce4 setup when I started vaping, and that took some time... He put it to his lips, sucked in and exhaled, and I told him you have to push the button... He pushed the button (then released it!) and puffed again... I was giggling when he did that. I told him to hold the button while he was taking a hit, and he then got a real puff off it, inhaled, proceeded to cough up a lung, followed by "this stuff is pretty good.." and that was on 0mg... Will see what a real setup does. I can always get him a tank that supports mouth to lung inhales rather than direct inhale. What floors me is he can smoke his pall malls all day and not choke on them, I'd croak smoking those things!

newvaper92

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 28, 2015
    Jackson, Michigan
    Placed an order with 101vape, I actually ended up going with the Sigelei 100w plus, it was on sale for $49.99. I also got two Samsung 25r batteries and a Nitecore dual charger... Here's hoping it was a good decision! I didn't order any juice or coils, I just can't make a decision on flavors without tasting it first! Coils are cheap enough locally so I'll just pick them up when I go for some juice.

FloGrown

Aug 6, 2015
    I also hear no flavor is close to cigs. Otherwise Halo Tribeca is a good sweet slightly tobacco or Johnson Creek has Tenn Cured which is way heavier tobacco, sweet too, their Domestic is stout and Espresso was way too rough for me but a lot of ppl that smoke a full flavor cig like the espressos. I do get a lot of hardware from sweet-vapes and myfreedomsmokes. Good luck!! :)

newvaper92

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 28, 2015
    Jackson, Michigan
    I'm sure there is flavors out there my Dad will like better than cigarettes, but I'm not sure he has the patience to trial and error multiple flavors. I might just give him a couple tank fulls of my favorites and see if he likes any of those.. On the other hand, I've always thought cigarettes taste terrible, so it was easy for me to find flavors I like. My favorites are Cuttwood Unicorn Milk (strawberry cream, YUM!) Jimmy the Juice Man Peachy Strawberry, and Mr. E Liquid's Heartbreaker (love the taste, but it is pretty harsh in a sub ohm setup so I haven't had any in a while) My order should be here Saturday or Monday, so I need to be watching the mailbox... I will pick up some juice and coils probably tomorrow.

newvaper92

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 28, 2015
    Jackson, Michigan
    Got it! So far love the Sigelei, great vapor production at 50-70 watts, haven't taken it higher yet. Not so keen on the size, but it may grow on me. Gave Dad the Istick and he hasn't figured out how to hit it properly yet, but we will see. I filled the subtank for him with Cuttwood Unicorn Milk 6mg. He hasn't really said whether he likes it or not. Will be charging my Samsung 25r's in a bit, so if you don't hear back, I probably blew up....

newvaper92

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 28, 2015
    Jackson, Michigan
    Batteries are charged and I'm still alive (lol)! So far I'm loving the sigelei, huge clouds and decent battery life. My Dad finally admitted vaping is helping him cut down on cigarettes! He is running the Istick at 15w with one air hole open and mouth to lung hitting it, but if It's helping him cut down on cigarettes I don't care how he inhales!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread