Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
I just ordered The FreeMax Starre Pro from VapeRoyalty, was going to order an Arctic 5ml with NI200 coils till I saw the Starre Pro was now in stock. I just got my SnowWolf yesterday so this will be the first time I will get to experience TC mode!! I have never owned a FreeMax but seeing as everyone loves the first model, I am willing to take a gamble with it! Going to order some NI200 coils for my Arctic just in case though! lol

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
Yep I looked into the Starre sub ohm and it looks nice indeed. It seems to be much like the Arctic 2 that I am using. I can also chain vape using very high vg liquid and it never gives me a dry hit. The only problem with the Arctic tank is that it really gobbles the juice quickly.

By Arctic 2, are you referring the 5ml version? Horizon Arctic Tank 5ml Kanthal - Arctic Tank - Horizon - Clearomizers Tanks

I have the original Arctic 3ml.. Was wondering if the one in that link is authentic..

I like the Subtank Mini for several reasons. It's versatile; right out of the box you have so many options. It doesn't leak, at all! It's got an RBA, that I use a vertical nickel coil build on (wicked w/ rayon) with great success. I'm going to get a Billow v2 soon, but I'm quite happy with the STM, and it will stay in my rotation.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    By Arctic 2, are you referring the 5ml version? Horizon Arctic Tank 5ml Kanthal - Arctic Tank - Horizon - Clearomizers Tanks

I have the original Arctic 3ml.. Was wondering if the one in that link is authentic..

I don't know if that is authentic or not......... I do know that the tank was going to start going to a 5ml and maybe this is what is on that link............. The freemax starre will do good with your new mod, no worries there.......... I like most of the sub ohm tanks that are coming out and they are just getting better as time goes on.

Reactions: MikeyConti

orbit.al

May 15, 2015
    England
    1. Kanger Subtank (Full, Mini)
    2. Kanger Subtank Nano (smaller diameter)
    3. Morpheus V2
    4. Aspire Atlantis 1 & 2
    5. Herakles by Sense

Honorable Mention: Matrix by High Voltage

Anybody else with info that will blow my mind?
    Have 2 subtank minis, and 1 subtank plus. Have read about leaks and other issues, but mine have been faultless. Using the rba only, twisted 28 gauge, at 0.53 ohm, at 20-25w.

Reactions: Super Flex

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 3, 2013
    What it comes down to for me is a tank which can produce a lot of vapour. The reason i need a device like this is because i like to think i can reduce the amount of nicotine i'm putting in my D.I.Y juice. Sounds stupid but i don't think i'm using as much as i do with the juice i use in my Kayfun. So progressing to tanks which make a lot of vapour means i'm going in the right direction. Thicker wire, less ohm'age, more vapour, less nicotine. So i use dual coil RTA's. And in my experience they all seem to perform equally well. They do what i want them to. And i doubt if i bought other RTA's they'd be any better or worse than the ones i already have, and i don't need anymore at the moment.

So yeah, i'd say, the best tank/s are dual coil RTA's !, any dual coil RTA.

Last edited:

Attackonthebass

Sep 15, 2015
    I started off w/ a subtank mini & I absolutely LOVED IT. Rocked it with my Clouper 30watt ( don't buy one ) & after a while I started to have leaking issues. I realized what I was doing wrong & fixed the issue, I'll still have the occasional coil that's made poorly that will leak but it comes with the territory. After a while, I wanted more power so I stepped up & bought an arctic & an IPV2 - 70 watt & I loved this more than the subtank. The only thing that I didn't like about the V1 arctic is that I was filling that thing up 4-6 times a day. Recently I bought the V2 which holds 5mls of juice which was a MAJOR improvement. The only problem I have with the arctic is it drinks juice like a ...., when I was using the kanger subtank I could make a 30ml bottle last about a 10 days, sometimes 2 weeks. Although any subtank @ 35 - 50 watts is going to fly through juice. I've since went back to the subtank just to save some cash on juice & I use the arctic when I get home as a treat.

For anyone looking to buy a tank, remember everything is subjective. What I may like you may not, what these other people like you may not. You have to mess around & find what works best for you.

I will say if you do go w/ the arctic be prepared to fly through juice, & if you like fruity flavors be prepared to buy a lot of coils.

On Monday I found a site that was selling Uwell's crown black tank. I really didn't want to buy another subtank, but for the price they were selling it for I couldn't pass it up. Plus it will look nice with my IPVD2.

keep on vapin, & stay away from the analog's

Thanks for the tips, a lot of good info in here.

IMO, if anyone is looking to start out with a sub ohm tank. Start with a subtank, yes blowing huge clouds is cool. But vapin @ 20-25 watts on the Ksubtank is easy on the wallet & it's a solid product. You can learn how to build your own coils & to the best of my knowledge Kanger is the only company who INCLUDES the rebuild-able section with the tank.

Attackonthebass

Sep 15, 2015
    Coils

not sure if you are allowed to post links in here as I'm a newbie, but for anyone complaining about the subtank not being able to go above 20-25 watts. Here's a new prebuilt clapton coil that will fit into your kanger subtank, arctic, or atlantis. search "atom coils"

I haven't personally purchased one yet so don't yell @ me if you order some & they're not what they're cracked up to be, I've been waiting on a few B&M shops to get them in for me so I don't have to buy an entire package.

Last edited:

Attackonthebass

Sep 15, 2015
    I think the Aspire Triton deserves a spot with their new stainless steel coils...def a contender in the sub-ohm category.

I didn't know of any company that made stainless steel coils besides Crown. how many mills can you run a aspire coil through b4 it's time to throw it away? & what watts are you vapin it at? I thought about buying one just about the time the arctic v2 came out & the triton was twice the price so I opted for a tank I already had w/ more juice capacity.

I wish these companies including aspire would include the rba deck w/ the package & not as an additional item that you need to purchase. I'm sure the RBA section was more than $9 bucks when they released the tank but I just looked & it's nine bones. I know a lot of people aren't huge fans of the kanger because it can't go much past 20 watts. But I think including the RBA section WITH THE TANK is a huge bonus.

I'm hoping that arctic will eventually make an RBA section or I'll be selling my V1 & V2, the last batch of coils I bought were terrible. I was lucky if I ran 50mls of juice through them before I had to replace them & I usually vape @ 30-35 watts

Super Flex

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 25, 2015
    Tuscaloosa al
    I started off w/ a subtank mini & I absolutely LOVED IT. Rocked it with my Clouper 30watt ( don't buy one ) & after a while I started to have leaking issues. I realized what I was doing wrong & fixed the issue, I'll still have the occasional coil that's made poorly that will leak but it comes with the territory. After a while, I wanted more power so I stepped up & bought an arctic & an IPV2 - 70 watt & I loved this more than the subtank. The only thing that I didn't like about the V1 arctic is that I was filling that thing up 4-6 times a day. Recently I bought the V2 which holds 5mls of juice which was a MAJOR improvement. The only problem I have with the arctic is it drinks juice like a ...., when I was using the kanger subtank I could make a 30ml bottle last about a 10 days, sometimes 2 weeks. Although any subtank @ 35 - 50 watts is going to fly through juice. I've since went back to the subtank just to save some cash on juice & I use the arctic when I get home as a treat.

For anyone looking to buy a tank, remember everything is subjective. What I may like you may not, what these other people like you may not. You have to mess around & find what works best for you.

I will say if you do go w/ the arctic be prepared to fly through juice, & if you like fruity flavors be prepared to buy a lot of coils.

On Monday I found a site that was selling Uwell's crown black tank. I really didn't want to buy another subtank, but for the price they were selling it for I couldn't pass it up. Plus it will look nice with my IPVD2.

keep on vapin, & stay away from the analog's

Thanks for the tips, a lot of good info in here.

IMO, if anyone is looking to start out with a sub ohm tank. Start with a subtank, yes blowing huge clouds is cool. But vapin @ 20-25 watts on the Ksubtank is easy on the wallet & it's a solid product. You can learn how to build your own coils & to the best of my knowledge Kanger is the only company who INCLUDES the rebuild-able section with the tank.

It really is relative to how you as a person vape for me the Kanger tanks are perfect I have a subox mini and a Innokin disrupter which never go above 25 watts I know it seems like a waste but it's there if I want to try, I like a cool mellow vape and this is where I feel comfortable. I have had no problems, I build my on coils and most importantly I am not smoking.

Reactions: JDC1958
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread