Using a Kbox without a sub ohm tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edzero

Jun 1, 2015
I'm new to sub ohm vaping, and I was planning on getting a Kanger kbox for a cheaper way to try it out. I currently have an Aerotank V2, and was wondering if I could get away with using that until I can pick up a Subtank mini, or Aspire Atlantis in a couple weeks? From what I gather I won't be able to use it at a higher wattage, but will it still be ok up to maybe 20w? Any input or suggestions on Aerotank wattage, coils, and if I should go with the Subtank or Atlantis would be much appreciated.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
I'm new to sub ohm vaping, and I was planning on getting a Kanger kbox for a cheaper way to try it out. I currently have an Aerotank V2, and was wondering if I could get away with using that until I can pick up a Subtank mini, or Aspire Atlantis in a couple weeks? From what I gather I won't be able to use it at a higher wattage, but will it still be ok up to maybe 20w? Any input or suggestions on Aerotank wattage, coils, and if I should go with the Subtank or Atlantis would be much appreciated.
You can do it, but you won't be able to adjust it very well. On the low end you have 3 selections of 8, 13 and 20 watts. If you're ok with that, it's a great cheap mod.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
You can use any tank on the Kbox, but you are limited in the power choices.
20w will be too much. 13 watts is hard to say, depends how good the coils are on the Aero v* 2. The 'old' Kanger single coils (Protank 1/2 and evod etc.) would not like 13 watts.

13 watts is quite a good setting for the subtank OCC coils. (I don't think Kanger guessed at these low end settings.. :) ) Someone who vapes subtanks at 18-20 watts might disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread