Best Tank System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guts

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Herstal, Belgium
Rebuildables have all a learning curve and you might be disappointed with them if you build them incorrectly, but they are definitely more durable and give better flavor than cartomizers. From my early experience (6months vaping) the best taste I've had is in my spheroid v2 even at a low voltage that a single 14500 battery delivers (with a 1.6ohms coil). I tried genesis style atomizers for more than two months, and I still have to experiment with them but I've had them working very well, but I'm not satisfied with the flavor even tough vapor production is outstanding at a low ohm coil (.8ohms), also it give a warmer vape.

I hope this is helpful :)

Cheers

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
My personal recommendation is to stay clear of the RBA's for the time being until you have done a lot of research in how they operate, have an idea on how to troubleshoot any issues that occur, and have a firm understanding about battery safety and the relationship of coil resistance and voltage. These are best left to more advanced vapors.

The simplest tanks to try would be the clearomizer tanks, such as the top coil Vivi Nova or the bottom coil Evod or ProTank. Both are "rebuildable" in that the coil heads are replaceable when they wear out. Easy to fill.

Cartotanks have a little more of a learning curve, but if you follow a solid setup method you should do fine.

I made a picture dictionary of the more common juice delivery devices, which include the above devices. I give a short description, show a couple of pics, and include a video on how to fill them. This can be found in my blog in this link:

E-Cigarette Forum - Baditude - Blogs

I also did a cartotank tutorial, which you can find here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3710-5-cartomizer-tank-setup.html

vivinova.jpg Kanger_Pro_glass_clearomizer.jpg cartotank.jpg

A Vivi Nova, ProTank, and cartotank.

Last edited:
I prefer a smoktek dct myself. Something about the dual coils create a fuller taste imo. I have a question tho, I was lookin at the AGA-T2 on altsmoke and it says it doesn't come with a wick, so what kind would it take? And do the T2 or RTTS come assembled at all? I wanna try one but at $25/ea I don't wanna get one and never b able to use it cuz I can't put it together. Any tips plz?

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
I prefer carto tanks myself.Like Baditude said, theres a bit of a learning curve to them but outside of RBA's and dripping youd be hard pressed to find better flavor, convenience or ease of use.

Id rank Protanks at the top of the list for clearomizers.They have an airy draw but beat the ViVi Nova hands down in flavor and wicking IMO.

KimInUT

Verified Member
Feb 25, 2013
United States
I'm not sure that there is a "best tank" set up. I prefer carto tanks, they suit my lifestyle best. For me a good Pyrex carto tank (IBTanked or Phiniac) are no muss no fuss, and provide a great vape.

I also have a few pro tanks they work well and are easy to rebuild, so maintenance is very inexpensive.

RBA's can be an outstanding vape if you are patient enough to learn how to build them. I also have a few of them but they tend to leak if your PV isn't standing upright and I can never seem to remember that so for me they are just not practical so I stick mostly to my carto tanks.

Long story short what is best is whatever will keep you from buying a pack of smokes.

Draconian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
San Antonio
Whatever works for you is the best to use.
The price range is endless - from a cheap carto tank to an AMP atomizer tank and beyond - the level of vaping satisfaction does not ALWAYS equal the price.
As has been mentioned, the Kanger Protank is a very nice piece of gear - I have a lot of high end stuff - but - still love protanks. Convenient as can possibly be - glass - and a nice vape.

xjonquilx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2013
FL
Am I the only one that's going to put in a vote for the Vision Viva Nova? Guess so, LOL. I'm thinking about getting a Kanger because the heads are so ridiculously cheap, but I've been pretty happy with the Vision. I really like the fact that I can change tubes and there's a wide variety of different colors and materials to work with... I haven't seen any other tanks so far that compare to the customization possibilities available for a Vision. I started off with the standard plastic tubes, but recently got in to the metal tubes. However, I find the metal tubes leach more than the plastic ones do, so I have a STV tube on the way which is plastic encased in metal so I still get that nice shiny dark color of the metal on the outside but inside it's still the same plastic that doesn't leach as much as the metal tubes do. Plus you get a viewing window with the STVs... don't have that with the plain metal tubes, although it really doesn't matter much to me because I can see inside while filling where to stop and I can tell by the taste when I need new fluid. The heads are decently priced as well... not the cheapest by far (I think Kanger and Boge took that cake) but they're also not insanely expensive like some of the heads for these new fancier tanks are. I pay about $13 for 5 heads. The only issue I've really had is that the 3.2ohm heads can be an absolute pain to find since the Visions are so popular, and a lot of stores overprice the heads probably because they're so in demand at the moment. I found a store this past weekend though that sells the 3.2ohm heads for a reasonable price and stays in stock. Forgive me for not listing it here but I know that won't be true of that store any more if I DO post the link here, LOL. The heads last me a long time, longer than any cartomizer can dream of (about a month ea.), so I save money in the end by using the Vision. There are disposable clearomizers I've found that last that long (like the Tornado clearomizer by TW), but they cost twice as much as a head for the Vision does so therefore I don't think they're worth it (plus every Tornado clearomizer I've ever gotten cracks on me). Other than clearomizers, the Vision produces the most vapor out of any delivery device I've used, and the air resistance is perfect. It also doesn't leak as long as I remember to tighten up the little metal piece on top of the silicone piece every time I refill, which is prone to separating from the metal base below it (and causes it to leak). It stands up to my thick 50/50 fluid w/ extra flavor shots without ever giving dry vapes or getting gummed up even if I "chain vape". The flavor remains decent even with the metal tubes leaching some of it, and always tastes perfect at any wattage or voltage setting (i.e. doesn't ever taste burnt), so all I have to focus on is how much vapor I want to come out of it. The only catch is the throat hit can get extra harsh if the tank gets low on fluid.

StereoDreamer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Columbia MD
For "best bang for the buck", super-affordable, no-fiddling tank with decent flavor and vapor, I'd lean toward the BCC Mega (from iSmoka or VapeOnly). It leaves the Vivi Nova in the dust (and I've got half a dozen Vivi Nova's, and used to LOVE them), performs well, looks nice, and comes in two colors for the caps (black or silver) and a BUNCH of different colors for the tanks.

If you are a fiddly person, and dig RBAs, but are looking for something simple and affordable, get one of those new Terminator TT RBAs, and put it in your favorite XL-length carto tank. Awesome flavor, massive vapor, it's an RBA so you can make your own coils, and you can get them for under $10 if you shop around. Even if you put it in a Phiniac or custom IBTanked Carto Tank, you're looking at under $50 total. Not cheap, but this combination will hardly "break the bank" for most vapers.

For "cost is no object" vaping, a Terminator TT or Killer 705 in an AMP Tank (with the XL-length tube). With the Killer/AMP combo, you're looking at nearly $200, but if you use the Terminator TT RBA, and shop around the classifieds, you could put this together for just over $100. Still pricey, but it's got astounding flavor and vapor, and is infinitely adjustable and tweakable, to give you EXACTLY the vape you're looking for. Truly a "Holy Grail" of vaping goodness...

Last edited:

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I'm not sure that there is a "best tank" set up. I prefer carto tanks, they suit my lifestyle best. For me a good Pyrex carto tank (IBTanked or Phiniac) are no muss no fuss, and provide a great vape.

I also have a few pro tanks they work well and are easy to rebuild, so maintenance is very inexpensive.

RBA's can be an outstanding vape if you are patient enough to learn how to build them. I also have a few of them but they tend to leak if your PV isn't standing upright and I can never seem to remember that so for me they are just not practical so I stick mostly to my carto tanks.

Long story short what is best is whatever will keep you from buying a pack of smokes.

Ok this is probably a really silly question but don't your carto tanks leak when you lay them down? The one I have does :p

The leaking is WHY I rely so heavily on Protank and CE5's when I can't pay attention to how I am setting things down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread