Not open for further replies.

ST Dog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocket City
No smoker here. Though I'd like one.

I had a suspicion ;)

Best invention ever. The only thing I don't prefer smoked and slow cooked is steak.

Well thats all good and well, but Julia Child's says its best to roast a turkey leg!!:w00t:

Haven't heard that name in decades. Never cared for her "style"

I was more a Justin Wilson kind of guy ;)

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
As you wish. I've cooked my share too.
And I'd cook a turkey leg different.
I wouldn't stuff it like that either (or at all)

I wouldn't cook it in an oven for that matter. I'd smoke it instead.
I would cook it a different way every time.

I would even stuff it from time to time if it weren't for all the extra work.

Actually how it was netted up would have made it perfect for a lunch meat.

If it wasn't for that damn stuffing.

Tapatyped

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
So we got more bad news about Daisy Mae. Her blood results came back and she's in the early stages of renal failure. They have prescription food order and I don't know how serious it is now or the prognosis.

So I guess I have to see how serious this is before committing to remove the mass I found. I guess they were closer on her age than I was.

I really don't want to lose her. She's literally the one ray of light I have day to day right now. I just hope we caught this very early and with dietary changes she has more years still.

This is the terrible side of falling in love with an animal.

:(

I'm sure she'd perk up if I gave her that meat above. :)

Anyway. The umbrella is back out. Thanks for the support in here. Sorry to bring sad news.

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
So we got more bad news about Daisy Mae. Her blood results came back and she's in the early stages of renal failure. They have prescription food order and I don't know how serious it is now or the prognosis.

So I guess I have to see how serious this is before committing to remove the mass I found. I guess they were closer on her age than I was.

I really don't want to lose her. She's literally the one ray of light I have day to day right now. I just hope we caught this very early and with dietary changes she has more years still.

This is the terrible side of falling in love with an animal.

:(

I'm sure she'd perk up if I gave her that meat above. :)

Anyway. The umbrella is back out. Thanks for the support in here. Sorry to bring sad news.

:cry:

wishing baby girl as much comfort as possible, hold her and love her

custom-classic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
USA
Semi-funny story.........

Way back in September, I sent a titanium mod to the UK. This was to an address I'd shipped several other mods to, and all had been received within 1 to 2 weeks. No problems, whatsoever.....

Well,......this one got hung up in US customs, in Chicago. After it'd been there a couple weeks without moving, I called the usps to try and get some answers... They told me I'd have to talk to customs. :facepalm:

I called customs and, of course,...they told me I'd have to talk to usps... :oops:

Our UK family member was very patient through this process, but I was a nervous wreck. After a month and a half had gone by, without any help from usps, or customs...... I went ahead and finished out another Ti mod, and sent it that way, hoping that this one would not get lost like the first one apparently did... :unsure:

After a couple of days, the new mod reached customs in Chicago. And,....there it sat, and sat,....and sat..... same as the first one... :ohmy:

Now, I'm startin' to freak out a little... :cry:

$1200 worth of Titanium CC's, hangin' out there, with no idea if we'd ever see either of 'em again... :(

Side note: As I'm sure most of you are aware, the UK has some pretty high import taxes on things. Because of this, the mods may have been valued at a little less than what they should've been, if you know what I mean... (ok,... a lot less than... :facepalm: )

At this point, more than two months has passed since the first mod was paid for and sent out. I'm really at a loss as to what I should do here... I mean,...I can't very well send a third mod out, and just hope for the best. I'm starting to consider a full refund of all monies and just taking the $1200 hit. I can't stomach the idea of someone paying me $600 plus shipping for something, and receiving nothing in return. Of course,.. the loss of two titanium mods isn't sitting very well with me either... :oops:

Then,....suddenly,... out of the blue, the first mod's tracking number pops back up in my usps dashboard... It's on the move!!! :shock:

C'mon, baby!!! You can do it!!! :thumbs:

I continue to check in, every few hours... Finally, after a few days, she makes her way to her new owner. :)

The poor thing had been molested, not only by US customs, but also by the local authorities there in the UK... She made it through just fine, tho. A few smudges here and there, but no damage. She is Titanium, after all... :D

Long story short,...the second mod finally pops up on the radar, after sitting in customs for about the same time the first one had. It made it's way to the UK, and was promptly turned around and sent back to me. It too had been molested by customs on it's way to the UK, but surprisingly, it made it back from the UK in record time. I finally got her back yesterday evening. :wub:

What a frick'n ordeal... :oops:

Th2odFtl.jpg

QknPj8Ql.jpg

All's well that ends well, I guess... :thumb:

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia

Way back in September, I sent a titanium mod to the UK. This was to an address I'd shipped several other mods to, and all had been received within 1 to 2 weeks. No problems, whatsoever.....

Well,......this one got hung up in US customs, in Chicago. After it'd been there a couple weeks without moving, I called the usps to try and get some answers... They told me I'd have to talk to customs. :facepalm:

I called customs and, of course,...they told me I'd have to talk to usps... :oops:

Our UK family member was very patient through this process, but I was a nervous wreck. After a month and a half had gone by, without any help from usps, or customs...... I went ahead and finished out another Ti mod, and sent it that way, hoping that this one would not get lost like the first one apparently did... :unsure:

After a couple of days, the new mod reached customs in Chicago. And,....there it sat, and sat,....and sat..... same as the first one... :ohmy:

$1200 worth of Titanium CC's, hangin' out there, with no idea if we'd ever see either of 'em again... :(

Side note: As I'm sure most of you are aware, the UK has some pretty high import taxes on things. Because of this, the mods may have been valued at a little less than what they should've been, if you know what I mean... (ok,... a lot less than... :facepalm: )

At this point, more than two months has passed since the first mod was paid for and sent out. I'm really at a loss as to what I should do here... I mean,...I can't very well send a third mod out, and just hope for the best. I'm starting to consider a full refund of all monies and just taking the $1200 hit. I can't stomach the idea of someone paying me $600 plus shipping for something, and receiving nothing in return. Of course,.. the loss of two titanium mods isn't sitting very well with me either... :oops:

Then,....suddenly,... out of the blue, the first mod's tracking number pops back up in my usps dashboard... It's on the move!!! :shock:

I continue to check in, every few hours... Finally, after a few days, she makes her way to her new owner. :)

The poor thing had been molested, not only by US customs, but also by the local authorities there in the UK... She made it through just fine, tho. A few smudges here and there, but no damage. She is Titanium, after all... :D

Long story short,...the second mod finally pops up on the radar, after sitting in customs for about the same time the first one had. It made it's way to the UK, and was promptly turned around and sent back to me. It too had been molested by customs on it's way to the UK, but surprisingly, it made it back from the UK in record time. I finally got her back yesterday evening. :wub:

Th2odFtl.jpg

QknPj8Ql.jpg

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

custom-classic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
USA
:D

I'm wondering if it was the titanium that caused them to be set aside for further inspection... I mean,... I've sent over a hundred mods, of all different materials, to other countries. All have made it through customs without a hiccup.

To have two in a row, to the same address, get hung up like that....

Weird... :blink:

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia

I'm wondering if it was the titanium that caused them to be set aside for further inspection... I mean,... I've sent over a hundred mods, of all different materials, to other countries. All have made it through customs without a hiccup.

while on the topic...

from july 1st, all imports here attract a 10% tax, they are doing away with the $1000 minimum

Reactions: Gigdujour

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas

Probably didn't have a London accent, which is always suspicious.

T

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida

Th2odFtl.jpg

QknPj8Ql.jpg

That's just plain crazy !

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois

Th2odFtl.jpg

QknPj8Ql.jpg

Just my :2c: here, but my take from all that was you gots to be one of the luckiest s.o.b.'s out there, you should be playing some kinda lotto or other gambling type thing, and that there's a shiny brand new titanium CC up for grabs to the masses right now!! Readily available to be shipped....no waiting involved...right?:thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread