bill me later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mustang394

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2009
Colorado Springs, Co
i doubt any of the stores on here have just look at the info they want just to apply to take bill me later. More than I am willing to give them about my store.

Before You Start:

You will need the following documentation in order to complete our online form

* 12 months previous financial data as it relates to your B2C and B2B ecommerce websites, call centers and brick and mortar stores. This includes annual volumes and average order values.
* Chargeback and return rates
* Technical information such as bankcard processor, 3rd party gateways, and ecommerce sales platform provider
* Affiliate provider information (If Applicable)
* Knowledge if your company is the merchant of record

Moriah

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2010
Bentonville, AR
Why not just use a debit or credit card...it is fast. I do not get where this person is coming from saying that BillMeLater is faster...lol. If I were a business I'd not use BillMeLater...that is just crazy.

It's essentially a "store credit card" that's accepted at multiple online stores.

It's not a thing where merchants are letting people pay out over time out of their own cash, but more a way for merchants to let people pay out over time while still getting their money immediately. The merchant doesn't take the risk, the BillMeLater people do. And collect the interest to make up for the risk.

That's why they want all of the financial data that the vendor on this page mentioned was required -- if a person is selling a shoddy product then there are going to be chargebacks, etc. They want to make sure the vendors they approve are above board, etc.

Paypal has a lot of rules for people to take it, but their Buyer Credit is fairly easy to get. If the OP has a BillMeLater account, I can't see why they wouldn't be approved for PayPal Buyer Credit.

And the untested vendor I stupidly purchased my kit from took Paypal, so I put it on my Buyer Credit. And I can understand if the OP doesn't have the cash up front but would like to quit smoking nasty cigs.

Riptides

Jan 22, 2010
Near Atlanta
From what I understand, in the past, BillMeLater was a One-Click purchasing option credit account that etailers could utilize much like the ill-fated MS Passport accounts.

A user would apply for a credit account exactly like a credit card with a credit line/limit and terms of agreement but there was no physical card involved. It would allow a user to sign up for one payment/billing option via BillMeLater and the user wouldn't have to go through the whole ordeal with each vendor of choosing Login/Password, Enter Address info and Payment Info.

You just pick the item you want, click BillMeLater, the Vendor gets the users Name and Address to ship to, and their payment from the credit issuer just like a credit card.

It has absolutely nothing to do with "Oh Mr. Vendor plz send me item now I pay when feel like, kthxbai!".

Now the only reason I speak of it in past tense terms is because I do not have any idea of what/how it may have changed since being acquired by PayPal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread