Billion Lives Needs Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
DBD, Salem, and all you ABL wonderful supporters......
I'm on! We've got plans to go to see the screening this coming week, and I am THRILLED!!!!
I hope truly, that everyone who wants to see this will be able to make that happen.

Thrilled FOR ya, Kat! I'm besides myself with excitement to see this movie. I'm hoping that enough inertia gets generated that theatres elect to show it themselves everywhere. We really need this.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
DBD, Salem, and all you ABL wonderful supporters......

I'm on! We've got plans to go to see the screening this coming week, and I am THRILLED!!!!

I hope truly, that everyone who wants to see this will be able to make that happen.

Thank you. I too hope that it will be available for all to see. Remember if it is not showing in your area now, there is a place at Tugg to sign up to be notified when it hits your area.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
A Billion Lives
13 hrs · Milwaukee, WI · ·
One of the biggest battles in the history of public health takes place this November in India at WHO COP7.

We are joining the fight!

How can you help? Watch the new trailer. Please share.

______

Email updates coming soon. Get them here: bit.ly/1K8Una8

Blackl1sted

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
San Diego, CA
[DC2 unleashes F-bomb]
So this is the first I've heard of this Carlsbad showing.

And it is at the Regal 12 Carlsbad, which is 10 minutes from me.
And it is sponsored by Feels Good Vapor, which is a shop I've purchased from before.

A few years ago I visited them and brought them a CASAA display and CASAA cards.
But yet, this is the first time I hear about them sponsoring a showing, and it's already sold out.
:(

And the Regal 12 Carlsbad is my favorite theater of all time.
It has recliners and reserved seating.
YOU CAN'T BEAT THAT WITH A STICK.

This is a travesty of epic proportions.
:laugh:

So I called the manager of Regal 12 and he denied any knowledge of the event.
Apparently that's because it's a private event.

Or else he stupid and had no idea what is going on at his own theater.
Which I kinda doubt, but not sure yet.
:)

So I called Feels Good Vapor, and they will see if they can accommodate me.
I sure hope so, and if I do say so myself I deserve it.

And God knows I don't want to drive up to Los Angeles in Friday traffic to see it.
Although I would do so, if I didn't have this other choice.

Wish me luck please.
:)

I saw that one also and was sold out before I could get tickets. I am hoping that there will be another showing in the San Diego area. I even thought of attempting to host a showing, if it doesn't sell out no harm or money lost. I don't think it would be hard to get a full house anywhere in SD as long as you can get a few shops on board with spreading the word.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Whoops! Reading the fine print, it appears that 5% of ticket sales will be going back to the sponsors of showings of A Billion Lives. I guess there IS rules in this giant TOS against promoting my event here, as apparently I stand to gain financially from sponsoring a showing of this movie.

I will go and edit my posts accordingly. Information will still be available over at the OTHER vaping site.

Perhaps if you had asked for clarification first, you wouldn't go off half-cocked and edit things that didn't need to be edited. Quoting me out of context for something totally unrelated takes the cake, too. Well done, sir. Well done. :facepalm:

Last edited:
Reactions: Kenna

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Perhaps if you had asked for clarification first, you wouldn't go off half-cocked and edit things that didn't need to be edited. Quoting me out of context for something totally unrelated takes the cake, too. Well done, sir. Well done. :facepalm:

One cannot be too careful, considering how swift and sudden your "justice" can be. I DID ask for clarification. None came. so I did my homework searching your "rulings".

A 5% kick back for promoting the movie is what it is. Against the TOS. Don't "dance around" it. But I have noted your preference for fully cocked.

Last edited:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
A Billion Lives
13 hrs · Milwaukee, WI · ·
One of the biggest battles in the history of public health takes place this November in India at WHO COP7.

We are joining the fight!

How can you help? Watch the new trailer. Please share.

______

Email updates coming soon. Get them here: bit.ly/1K8Una8

Excellent video!!! Of course, since it's about money not people.......the FDA will pay no attention unfortunately.

Ok......so.......for clarification, since I'm pretty sure the 5% kickback is to be donated to a charity of the promoters choice, can promoters advertise their showing pretty much anywhere on ECF to let folks know? I have asked for a thread, or even a forum if possible where there could be a thread for each state, so folks can find showings near them easier, but haven't heard back yet.

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
Got yet another email from Tugg today, with a link to my ticket for the Carlsbad CA showing next Wednesday ...

The first ticket that I got on Tuesday had my email address (partially obscured) as an identifier, which would make it tricky if they asked for ID confirmation at the theater ...

The new email that I got today has a link to a ticket with my full name on it, everything else appears to be the same ...

I'm printing the new one ...

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Got yet another email from Tugg today, with a link to my ticket for the Carlsbad CA showing next Wednesday ...

The first ticket that I got on Tuesday had my email address (partially obscured) as an identifier, which would make it tricky if they asked for ID confirmation at the theater ...

The new email that I got today has a link to a ticket with my full name on it, everything else appears to be the same ...

I'm printing the new one ...
fantastic!!

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
Well, no Billion Lives premiere for me ... :cry:

Last Friday I got an email from Tugg with a link to my ticket, for the Carlsbad CA showing on Wednesday the 26th, and was pretty excited to finally see this film, feeling lucky to get my ticket during the very short window of opportunity ...

This morning I got another email from Tugg:

Your order has been voided $0.00. Please allow 2-3 business days for this to reflect on your bank statement. Retain this information for your records.

Followed about 5 minutes later by this:

Thank you for your support of A Billion Lives! Unfortunately, the event that you reserved tickets for is actually a private event for Feels Good Vapor. It was our mistake that the event page was public and allowed you to reserve tickets - we are so sorry! At the request of the Feels Good Vapor, I have refunded your ticket reservation for the A Billion Lives event at Regal Carlsbad 12 in Carlsbad, CA. You should see the change reflected on your statement within 3-5 business days.

This is not something that feels good ... :(

Reactions: Kenna

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina

Last Friday I got an email from Tugg with a link to my ticket, for the Carlsbad CA showing on Wednesday the 26th, and was pretty excited to finally see this film, feeling lucky to get my ticket during the very short window of opportunity ...

That's ridiculous IMHO. What would have been the harm of letting you join them. Sounds like a vape shop.
Sure hope that you are able to make another showing of it.

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
That's ridiculous IMHO. What would have been the harm of letting you join them. Sounds like a vape shop.
Sure hope that you are able to make another showing of it.

The source of my displeasure is that my ticket was canceled 7 full days after the purchase date, and just two days before the showing ...

If this was indeed intended as a "private event", why did it take a full week to figure out that some tickets were sold to the general public, not on the vape shop's customer list ?

Those of us who responded early made it possible for this event to be validated, and are now shut out ... :rolleyes:

I've kind of lost interest in this, I'll see it on YouTube soon enough ... :yawn:

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida

What good will the film do, if it's only shown to a vape shop?...:facepalm:
    We need the public and non vapers to see it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread