Blu cigs really that bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omnipanzer

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2011
Ohio
The cute little e-cigs were nowhere near enough to get a serious smoker like myself off analogs. I had to go to a real kit and get some serious e-juice. Once I did it was like night and day. The cutesy ones were a novelty but my eGo is the real deal. The others like blu are great for a trial or for a purely social smoker imho.

cmecha

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2011
frederick
i was going to get a blue then came here and got an eGo instead, blu carts fit them so if you don't want to drip or fill carto's you can get blu cartos. the blu cherry is very yummy

to make things easy i bought a eGo kit money wasted i hated the carts that came with it.

then i bought a 1000mah eGo bat and a charger with some 2 coil carts and fluid. and i love it. i also bought a tank atty and some tanks to try and do that when i'm at home.

so if i could do it all over again i would have just bought a ego tank kit with 900mah battery smoktech 2 coil cartos and juice spend your money on juice it will make a difference

Last edited:

rkelly

Oct 10, 2011
Chicago IL
First off, return the junky blu.

Second, head over to Cignot in Elmhurst. Get the total rundown in person.

Third, you aren't going to want to smoke cigarrettes with the setup that meets your needs. Especially since you'll be able to have an e-cig indoors, without standing outside in the freezing weather. Most spots I go in Chicago are totally cool with e-cigs.

orkira

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2011
Virginia
Geez. I guess I am maybe one of the only ones on ECF that actually likes the blu? My husband was on his way back from work one night when I was having so many issues with the safe cig I ordered and walked into Sheetz and saw the Blu and bought it for me. I like it. It works for me. I have completely stopped smoking analogs but I do seem to go through a ton of carts and am charging the batteries about every 45 mins. if I continually vape with it!

saberhead

Oct 12, 2011
Seattle, WA
Geez. I guess I am maybe one of the only ones on ECF that actually likes the blu? My husband was on his way back from work one night when I was having so many issues with the safe cig I ordered and walked into Sheetz and saw the Blu and bought it for me. I like it. It works for me. I have completely stopped smoking analogs but I do seem to go through a ton of carts and am charging the batteries about every 45 mins. if I continually vape with it!

Its the same with my volcano kit. It does work and I most certainly dont hate it but I definitely need something a little heavier and lasts longer. But really all that matters is not smoking analogs!! Good for you~ :)

JesikaBeth

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2011
Houston, TX
www.facebook.com
I haven't tried the Blu starter kit, but I did think about it. I do, however, love the Blu disposables and every so often treat myself to one that I buy from Walgreens :)

With that said, there are much better starter kits out there you'll find. ECF is a great place with a wealth of information. Something I have learned is there is an e-cig for just about any type of vaper. It's a learning experience, but also a fun ~ albeit sometimes frustrating ~ process.

Happy Vaping!

orkira

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2011
Virginia
Its the same with my volcano kit. It does work and I most certainly dont hate it but I definitely need something a little heavier and lasts longer. But really all that matters is not smoking analogs!! Good for you~ :)

Thanks! I do agree all that counts really is not smoking analogs anymore!

Omnipanzer

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2011
Ohio
"through a ton of carts and am charging the batteries about every 45 mins. if I continually vape with it!"

This and the limited cartridge strengths are the downsides of the blu for me. If I don't have a battery charged when I want a Cig I'll just go buy a pack so step one was a batt that will last as close to the whole day as possible with a backup for just in case. The Blu for me just aren't serious enough for an ex 2 PAD smoker.

orkira

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2011
Virginia
"through a ton of carts and am charging the batteries about every 45 mins. if I continually vape with it!"

This and the limited cartridge strengths are the downsides of the blu for me. If I don't have a battery charged when I want a Cig I'll just go buy a pack so step one was a batt that will last as close to the whole day as possible with a backup for just in case. The Blu for me just aren't serious enough for an ex 2 PAD smoker.

I have 4 batteries for my blu that I use! That pretty much gets me through my day for now. However I am seriously thinking about getting a Joye 510-T and refilling my own liquid at this point! It's getting rather too expensive to keep buying carts for the blu!

peacegirl64

Nov 11, 2011
usa
I ordered a v2 deluxe starter kit 6 weeks ago. After smoking a PAD of marlboro reds for 32 years I didn't have high expectations. Well, I am in love. I was shocked at how quickly and easily I stopped the analogs. For now I still like/want the cigarette look and feel but am learning tons on ecf. Already refilling my carts. I vape 2-3 carts per day and the battery lasts the day although I always have a back up.

Rothman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2010
Aviano, Italy
Blu is terrible. Once you have tried anything other than a cigarette style (small) PV, you will not go back. 510's are an okay starter, better than the other small guys although some 808's are decent if you like cartos. Trust me on this I wasted my money on Blu when I started and it was the worst e-cig purchase I have ever made. Thin vapor, no throat hit whatsoever, and the batteries last all of 30 minutes. The only thing semi-worth while was the 306 atty that they come with, or at least used to, and that's because it's made by Joyetech. Steer clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread