Brand new and having issues already

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrea jayet

Dec 9, 2016
I have not even had a chance to use it.. Plugged it in for initial charge and white light continues to blink.. nowhere on instructions explains this so nothing to to refer too. Was advised not to charge for more than 30 minutes and still no change. When removed from charge nothing..no light at all.. Did I just waste my money?
Extremley disapointed

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Hi @andrea jayet

Don't give up just yet. There's threads about this issue here on ECF.

They are strange batteries at times. If you bought it from a shop, you should go back. If you bought it from a good online vendor, phone them. If you bought it off a cheap auction site check the terms and conditions. I'm afraid the Twist batteries were fraught with certain fragile characteristics... even the 'real' ones were hit and miss.

It may be you hit bad luck or something. Worth remembering that there are a lots of people trying to make a lot of money selling low quality products.
I bought a bad product, but then made matters worse for myself by trusting internet reviews for my next e-cig. This lead me into a world of over-priced scam products.
It also opened my eyes to see that the big brands have distorted the internet so badly that most people don't stand a chance.
We had a case yesterday of someone paying $119 for a $40 e-cig. Poor man.
I spent $800 on less than $100s - worth of hardware. Poor me.

Do not trust reviews.

I hope you get some luck.

Reactions: daviedog

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Also may want to try 5 quick clicks - on many versions of the twist, that means "on" and "off".

Blinking could mean "low battery" and now it's charged, but "Off"...

I have not even had a chance to use it.. Plugged it in for initial charge and white light continues to blink.. nowhere on instructions explains this so nothing to to refer too. Was advised not to charge for more than 30 minutes and still no change. When removed from charge nothing..no light at all.. Did I just waste my money?
Extremley disapointed

Reactions: zoiDman

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Also may want to try 5 quick clicks - on many versions of the twist, that means "on" and "off".

Blinking could mean "low battery" and now it's charged, but "Off"...
I agree with the above. Blinking could also indicate that the heating coil in the tank has an electrical short and needs to be replaced.

Reactions: beez0527

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
I agree with the above. Blinking could also indicate that the heating coil in the tank has an electrical short and needs to be replaced.
Yeah the older products have cheap made coils, not uncommon for a couple to not work at all. Try another coil if you have one.
I would say that the person who suggested not charging it for more than 30 minutes is not full but more like empty or lacking of what some like to call knowledge.............
Yeah sadly there is way to many vape shops that have no clue about the products they sell. Can't take 10mins to watch a youtube video. When I started I learned everything on here and youtube. Asked them simple questions and they look at you like your asking about some foreign object from mars or something they never heard of before. Guessing that's why they aren't allowed to answer questions in the USA anymore, bad info could be dangerous in some cases.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
What topper are you using on the ego battery?
Good question, if trying to sub ohm on it it will not work at all. Won't shock me if the same place that said 30min max charge sold you a TFV8 or something with it. lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread