Buying and Using an Electronic Cigarette: A Primer

Status
Not open for further replies.

samysam1313

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Ontario, Canada
I am as noob as one can get, so I truly appreciate information such as this. I have never tried an ecig yet. Looking to buy one, but don't know what to go for. This forum is great. So glad I found it early in my research. It will save me a lot in trial and error. Not to mention the dollars. I was surprised to see there are so many flavors available on some web sites. Having a hard time wrapping my brain around the idea of smoking chocolate, vanilla or cherry even if it is in an ecig. LOL. I'm going to need a lot of help. Appreciate those that are here to help us noobs. Thanks.

bbl63

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
Denver, CO
Yesterday I ordered a free trial deal from Smoke Everywhere and I don't even know what I'll be getting. Then I found this forum and WOW it all seems so complicated and hard work. There's all these different places you can order from and different formulas for nicotine content and drips and puffs and flavors and things to buy!

The reason I got interested was that I'm getting tired of butts and smoke and coughing.
I smoke about 2 1/2 packs of American Indian made ultra light 100's (no additives) but I only smoke a half a cigarette at a time, so I have no idea what flavor or nicotine amount or if this free trial is even going to give me an idea of what to order next time.

Can anyone relate and help me?

samysam1313

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Yesterday I ordered a free trial deal from Smoke Everywhere and I don't even know what I'll be getting. Then I found this forum and WOW it all seems so complicated and hard work. There's all these different places you can order from and different formulas for nicotine content and drips and puffs and flavors and things to buy!

The reason I got interested was that I'm getting tired of butts and smoke and coughing.
I smoke about 2 1/2 packs of American Indian made ultra light 100's (no additives) but I only smoke a half a cigarette at a time, so I have no idea what flavor or nicotine amount or if this free trial is even going to give me an idea of what to order next time.

Can anyone relate and help me?

I can't help much since I'm really new to all this too. but if you keep reading forums such as this, you will learn a lot. I did. You will probably have a better idea what it's all about once you have your ecig and tried it. I'm waiting on mine. There are suppliers listed and they sell different brands and models. Same for the liquids. Some ecigs have pre-filled cartridges and some you can fill yourself with the liquids. Liquids come in different strengths of nicotine or no nicotine if you want. There are many flavors from what I've seen so far. I have found another ecig forum. It's a Canadian Forum, but I found some really good info there. I don't know if I'm allowed to give the link here, but I will and see if it shows up or get removed. Good luck.

Nope. Won't let me put the link here till I have 15 posts. Just Search for ecig forums and I'm sure you'll find it. Look for ecig dot bing-go dot com.

lex86

Sep 19, 2009
  • Deleted by lordmage
  • Reason: Double post

doodon

Moved On
Sep 23, 2009
  • Deleted by lordmage
  • Reason: spammer

Older Guy

Sep 15, 2009
I just got an E8084 starter kit which came with a battery, an atomizer, some cartridge refills, a charger, in a small cig style fold top case.

moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png

Electronic cigarette 8084E

Description of the product

Length :84mm
Weight for single cigarette:8.6g
Mouthfuls for each cartridge can keep 100 mouthfuls
Nicotine content of each cartridge equals to 7pcs traditional cigarette
Content of battery :180mAh
Normal working voltage:2.8~4.2V
Full battery can keep for 180 mouthfuls
Charge time :1.5—2 hours

Life of battery :380 times charger

I can't figure out how to use the liquid nicotine encased in a plastic container in the refill cartridges.8-o

Do I put a hole in it, and then put it in the cart?

Do I put a hole in it and drip it onto the atomizer?

I'm not usually this stupid - well, maybe I am.8-o8-o8-o

Ez Duzit

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Southern California
I just got an E8084 starter kit which came with a battery, an atomizer, some cartridge refills, a charger, in a small cig style fold top case.

I can't figure out how to use the liquid nicotine encased in a plastic container in the refill cartridges.

I'm not usually this stupid - well, maybe I am.
Don't put holes in anything. 8-o
Take one of the cartridges, take off the lid, and put the cartridge in the empty mouthpiece, then gently slide it down until it stops. Put the mouthpiece on the atomizer and vape away. The first few puffs might be disappointing, but don't get discouraged.

Last edited:

Ez Duzit

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Southern California
There is a lid on the cartridge? I looked at the refill cartridges (look like a filter), and there is an opaque/off-white plastic insert in them with what I assume is liquid nicotine, but it looks like the plastic is all one piece, that's why I was asking about making a hole somewhere.
Perhaps I'm not understanding you properly. I'm not sure what you're describing. If you got prefilled carts, the cartridge is already inside the mouthpiece, and plastic you speak of could just be the plug. Pull it out, set it aside, then slide the mouthpiece onto the atomizer, which should be screwed onto the battery. Then vape.

It is either that, or the cartridges are separate from the mouthpiece, like in the picture below of an 8084 model.
If the cartridges look like the ones in picture (with the circle around them), then you will need to take the cap off. (The caps have H, M, L, N on them to signify nic strength, high , med, low, none). After taking off the cap you need to insert the cartridge into the mouthpiece (white arrow points to it). Then slide the mouthpiece onto the atty. Then vape away.

Edit - Your cartridge caps may not have letters on them.

If neither thing I mentioned was what you are referring to, maybe you would get more help posting a new thread in the New Members Forum.

Last edited:

Luv2CUSmile

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
NC
This post is great! Deadcat, I hope you are considering an update to this post and I do hope it becomes a "sticky"- very informative
Kent & EZ u guys have contributed well also
Kent... you are biased to that manual... LOL really, but it's okay...
I love my Dragon & I think a lot on the models are also user trial and error...
I liked mine right out of the box but the vaping act was somewhat not a loving relationship to begin with... My review later>>>
Now... I LOVE my Dragon! This whole experience & I think that is what is most important - Not what or how you vape BUT that you vape...
This forum can be used as suggestive advice, plenty of links available to get info from "the horses mouth" - I beleive many people are jumping in and buying an e-cig based on 15 minutes of browsing the boards and then not continuing to research until it comes even...it doesn't give you enough info to make an informed decision nor to read about the ups and downs of vaping... the ups and downs of different models... the ups and downs of certain suppliers... etc

The post above^^^
I hope Older Guy is able to figure out how to use his e-cig soon

These guys are tops w/ info... All of you have been great for me- Many times you have helped me and ya didn't even know it.. LOL
I have tried to search and read info completely before asking questions... UNLESS>> I want a fresh perspective... i.e. versus a post that quit revolving 8 mos ago...
Thx again guys- I hope to see this post continue w/ updates to info- It is all relevant and all informative!

samysam1313

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Ontario, Canada

moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png

I can't figure out how to use the liquid nicotine encased in a plastic container in the refill cartridges.8-o

I'm not usually this stupid - well, maybe I am.8-o8-o8-o

I'm not familiar with this model, but the picture EZ Duzit shows looks like the cartridges might be in a small plastic bottle. Cartridges are not that color from any I've seen. Did you try pulling off what looks like a white cap? Like on a pill bottle.

I just checked this model on EastMall's web site and they show the cartridges as black or pink. The one in the picture here is shown as black. The cartridge is usually the same color as the battery and the atomizer.

Last edited:
This is a picture of what I have.

I have 24mg Coffee and 18mg Apple from Awesome Vapor and like them both. I got chocolate from somewhere else. Those are the only 3 I have tried so far but going to keep sampling.

Sorry about that- I can't edit my posts and posted in the wrong thread!

Last edited by a moderator:

samysam1313

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Maybe the plastic is just a plug. I'll try the cartridge without the plastic and see what happens. Thanks so much!:)

No Problem. Love to help if I can. To give you an idea. The cartridges I have come seperately wraped in a tiny plastic bag. My model is a 510. On the bottom or the side that fits into the atomizer, is a small white cap that is just fitted over the bottom part of the cart. The bottom part of my carts are smaller than the top part which is what shows after you put it into the atomizer. The top part that you put in your mouth has a small hole in the center so you can inhale through. The picture of the box you posted should give you an idea what your carts are supposed to look like. If you need more info, let me know. It's a bit hard to know exactly from a picture.

Last edited:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Kent & EZ u guys have contributed well also
Kent... you are biased to that manual... LOL really, but it's okay...
I love my Dragon & I think a lot on the models are also user trial and error...

Thanks and just so you know.... if you look back on the thread where I requested some of my own posts to be removed - those were links to the overwhelming number of complaints by new members that had bought autos, including the Dragon, btw, and a number of links where people stopped smoking the day they got their 510 manuals. My 'bias' as you say, was based on my own experience and the reported experience of others' reporting here on a daily basis which exists to this day, and will be the case as long as the first experience people have with ecigs are the products sold at kiosks at the mall for what a person now could buy a couple 510 starter kits, a passthrough, a PCC and a 1/2 year's worth of juice.

That said, I'm glad your beloved Dragon is working out for you.

Happy vaping

114211894.jpg

Ez Duzit

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
Southern California
Kent just so ya know. Now that I've gotten a few manual 401 batty's, that's all I recommend. Auto 401 vs manual 401 and the manual wins. Don't get me wrong I still love my Dragon auto batteries, but the only ones I'll be buying, or recommending in the future, are manuals. I could see how a person starting out might find it a bit easier. ;)

Last edited:

samysam1313

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Kent just so ya know. Now that I've gotten a few manual 401 batty's, that's all I recommend. Auto 401 vs manual 401 and the manual wins. Don't get me wrong I still love my Dragon auto batteries, but the only ones I'll be buying, or recommending in the future, are manuals. I could see how a person starting out might find it a bit easier. ;)

This is the first time I see the Dragon name. Where is that one available? I'd like to see what it looks like. Thanks.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US

I'm happy to see they are adding the manual option to more models. I have added a few 510 auto batts to my stash. They operate differently than most autos in that there is no cutoff or time out which compared to the 4081, eg., is a improvement, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread