Buying and Using an Electronic Cigarette: A Primer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean like a form you can fill out that has questions (i.e. manual or automatic, Do you care if it looks like a real cigarette?, do you want pre-filled cartridges or fill your own?) and then based on the selections you make you get a model or two that would be "good" for your current wants/needs. maybe with a couple links to vendors of where you can even buy that particular type.

If you supply the questions and 'answers' (which models apply to each question, yes/no or whatever), i could write the logic.

I might be able to think of some of the relevant questions at least, but am nt at all familar with all the models.

blueberry1946

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Massachusetts
DC2 - I read your primer about a month ago and it helped me so much to clarify the wealth of information that is scattered all about this board; nice to bring it all into one place. Thank you! I just re-read it, with the knowledge I've gained, plus now that I have a PV device, and your sticky clarified more. I wonder, is it missing reference to dripping as an alternative to cartridges? As a newbie I am really glad not to be dealing with cartridges . . . 2 little drips and I am good to go for a surprisingly long time. Thank you again.

imawitch

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2009
anywhere my broomstick takes me
OMG! Someone with power sticky this post! Good gawd this would have saved me a ton of time of research and forum trolling. Very good info for noobs like myself. Thanks so much for taking the time and putting this together. A very good read! :D

Ditto what u just said, cuz im a newbie only 4 days vaping and this thread, this info is a gold mine....jmo

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
3. PG is not glycerin. PG is made by the reaction of propylene oxide and water. It metabolizes in the body as lactic acid not glucose like VG would. Glycerin, however, can be made from either plant or animal. PG can cause some reactions in people such as itching and sore throat while VG tends to have less adverse reactions for those with PG issues. VG is much easier to find in stores for those looking to make their own juices.
I'm placing my first order. I was positive I wanted VG until I saw this. I'm a diabetic so PG is obviously the way to go.

Thanks for the info.

Leonardo

ECF Veteran
Thank you for your comments in my thread, and even more thanks for your link to this thread. :rolleyes:

as I said in my thread, have bouht a unit, but as Mr.Darcy says, it will act as a springboard to a better one....

I think I now am beginning to understand the choice out there is greater than I eer thought. Thank you for opening my eyes.

Slim82

Feb 3, 2010
Virginia
Thank you for the great information. I just signed up yesterday and spent all day reading this forum.

I finally (after lots of information to soak in), decided to purchase the following:

Joye510 - no box - USB passthrough - 2 bats (manual) - 2 attys
5 Round tip empty carts
ECOpure 3ml, Regular, 25mg Nicotine
VG Camel 5ml 26mg Nicotine

I think that might be to high for me, even though I smoke 1+ pack of Marlboro Lights a day. Use to smoke reds for a long time!

In addition I purchased a lot of blue foam (8 packs) for my carts and 18mg 10ml Cherry & Menthol from StrictlyEJuice

I think I have all my bases covered, hopefully this is enough for a while. Once again thank you for this awesome post along with the rest of the forums, I see a lot of helpful people share a common bond (no analogs!!).

P.S. I should get this in time before my current carton of smokes are gone! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread