Buzz Pro II and Buzz Pro Lightning BOTH APPROVED BY ECF !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Hum, I do not think ECF mandated anything, but I could be wrong.....here is a segment of ECF EMSS...:

There is no requirement for any mod manufacturer to have their products comply, at any time - either now or after June 2012. However, after that date, we will begin to advise buyers that caution is advisable when buying a metal tube mod, and they may wish to purchase a product that complies with EMSS since ECF considers such mods to be safe.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Here's the members thread discussing the spec: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ecf-safety-specification-metal-tube-mods.html

Personally I'm content with the baseline BP and IP designs as-is, but that's just me. Another inherent safety aspect is that the tubes are oversized relative to the batteries -- in some posts ECF mentions the concern that a swollen battery could block venting.

I think the Pro line is really safe, notcigs designed safety in right from the start. When there were reasonable concerns raised about other PVs (not notcigs products) having problems (the stories that made the papers), notcigs did a good thing and checked that the bottom cap will indeed release. Notcigs did the compliant thing by adding the lightning bolt vents, the company owner was outspoken about it being a PITA but it was a short putt for them, just added cost for extra machining (that's why the price difference). I believe ECF is operating out of good intent, though the specific requirements have not been tested -- an accumulation of individually good things that perhaps over-design when taken as a totality, and ECF has indicated at times that they have some flexibility.

Retird is correct. There is no "requirement" to comply (at least not now), but ECF does have a strong voice. Notcigs offering users an option that does meet the spec makes sense to me, good business practice.

Please check that thread I posted in the first paragraph if you want to join in the general discussion on the spec :) Your question is indeed reasonable.

Last edited:

Modnar

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2012
Denmark
www.octopusecig.com
SO the Buzz Line is now a SAFE MOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

82101d1330654359t-new-ecf-approved-.jpg
82102d1330654372t-new-ecf-approved-.jpg
82113d1330655265t-new-ecf-approved-.jpg

That looks horrible...

The Buzz Pro wasn't exactly the best looking mod to begin with, but it just went from bad to worse lol

Modnar

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2012
Denmark
www.octopusecig.com
Complain to ecf, they came up with the spec on how many and how large the slots should be :)

(trust me, Buzzkill wasn't thrilled, but best I know notcigs is the only vendor that complied)

Yeah I know ;)

The reguler Buzz Pro is just fine. Im not worried about using it (there's 3 pretty big went holes, and theres plenty of room left over in the tube if anything should happen with the batteries)

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
I own two of the standard bp, been very happy with them.

Notcigs offering the version with extra large vents is cool, being responsive to what ecf was suggesting for advanced pv. I'm very comfortable with the engineering in them, happy without the extra vents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread