FDA Call to Action: Submit comments on FDA’s Second Workshop Regarding E-Cigarettes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
CASAA has issued a Call to Action for the Second FDA Workshop on e-cigarettes.

• The first of three FDA Workshop was held in December 2014, and you have until July 2nd, 2015 to submit comments. Please see: CASAA Call to Action for First FDA Workshop for details and instructions.
  • The second workshop was held in March 2015, and you have until July 2nd, 2015 to submit comments. Please see CASAA Call to Action for Second FDA Workshop for details and instructions.
  • The third and final workshop will be held in June, 2015 and we will issue a new call to action shortly after it concludes.

Link to First Workshop Call to Action: http://blog.casaa.org/2015/03/call-to-action-submit-comments-on-fdas.html

Link to Second Workshop Call to Action: http://blog.casaa.org/2015/04/call-to-action-submit-comments-on-fdas.html

Reactions: Ryedan

billsfande

Jul 14, 2014
Delmar,DE
This was my submission. Hope it helps

I'm writing this in hopes that it makes a difference and gives a little information on my journey to stop smoking. It matters to me because I know for a fact that cigarettes were killing me and I don't want to go back to that habit.

I'll start off by telling you I was a smoker for 21 years. Tried multiple to quit either by cold turkey or twice tried prescription drugs to quit. I was never successful on any of those attempts for longer than 4 to 5 months.

My first attempt with vaping was with the blu product. I found it very hard to curb my want for the real thing with this product and found myself back smoking. It was very disappointing to me. After another month passed I was in the cigarette store I purchase cigarettes from and they started stocking a pen style vaping device and e-liquid. The device was made by kanger-tech called an evod. I purchased this device and two flavors of e-liquid. The two flavors were lemon lime and a coffee flavor. The difference in the experience between the blu product or cigalike and this product was night and day in my mind. You could taste the flavor and the feel was much more enjoyable. For the next two weeks I would use the evod at night while smoking during the day at work. Before the two weeks were over I knew this product could get me off cigarettes. I was off cigarettes.

After doing a lot of research online looking for a more reliable device and how safe what I was doing was. I decided to purchase a variable voltage device and a refillable tank. The two devices I settled on were a provari from the company provape and a pro tank 3 from kanger tech. The difference in this set up was the same difference to me as was the difference in the cigalike to the evod. The ability to customize the vape experience in my mind was crucial to me getting off off cigarettes.

My next experience with vaping was figuring out how to build my own vape tank. After doing much research again I found a rebuildable tank atomizer called a kayfun. I found this very easy to do and again the difference in flavor and vapor from the kanger tank was considerable. At this point I had found what I knew would keep me from going back to cigarettes. I know own 4 variable voltage/wattage devices. Two provari units a vaporshark rdna40 and an eleaf istick 30. Along with these devices I also own 4 rebuildable tank atomizers. 2 kayfun a squape reloaded and a rose v2-s. This is what I have found during my journey that will work for me.

The whole time during my journey I tried many e-liquid vendors and flavors. What I found that has worked for me was desert, fruit, creme and candy flavors. I don't vape tobacco flavors. The last thing I want is to be reminded of that terrible and lethal habit. Flavors are huge factor in keeping me smoke free.

Also as it relates to e-liquid. When I started vaping the nicotine level in the e-liquid I started vaping with was 24mg. I proudly say that I have dropped that level down to 12mg with hopes to continue dropping the level to zero

As far as my health goes. The reason for my wanting to quit smoking was my shortness of breath and my blood pressure. My blood pressure as a smoker was around 145/90 and after being a vaper for over 17 months now my blood pressure at my last visit to a cardiologist was 117/85. I don't have the same shortness of breath I had while smoking.

I'm 41 married and have 2 children. My want to quit smoking was for them as much as it was for me. I hope my story helps to give you a look into what the journey of a smoker changing to vaping looks like. I know everyone's story will be different but this was mine. Please don't over regulate this life saving industry over a want to collect tax money. The research is out there about the products all you have to do is look for it and make your own decision. It will be very crushing to those of us that have found a path away from smoking that we all know was killing us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread