Calling all SnowWolf200w and Sigelei150 users, need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
Finally got the moneys. I have been eyeing the sigelei150w and the snowwolf200w as my next upgrade. The past couple weeks I've been undecided on which one I should order I keep going back and forth. I like the looks of the snowwolf200w, but then I think the sigelei150w is more durable because the snowwolf200w has some kind of glass on the sides. Then I think to myself the 75w TC is nice on the snowwolf to have, but I rarely use nickel wire and have about 1000' of kanthal spools still. They both look like kind of big mods, anyone out there who has both and can make a comparison? Or a picture of a side by side with the sigelei and snowwolf (ive searched, hard to find a pic).

I'm not sure which to buy and im ordering today. Right now im leaning over towards the snowwolf a bit, but if its bigger than the sigelei150w I think that would push me towards buying the sigelei instead.

MagicJosh

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2015
Boston, MA, USA
Finally got the moneys. I have been eyeing the sigelei150w and the snowwolf200w as my next upgrade. The past couple weeks I've been undecided on which one I should order I keep going back and forth. I like the looks of the snowwolf200w, but then I think the sigelei150w is more durable because the snowwolf200w has some kind of glass on the sides. Then I think to myself the 75w TC is nice on the snowwolf to have, but I rarely use nickel wire and have about 1000' of kanthal spools still. They both look like kind of big mods, anyone out there who has both and can make a comparison? Or a picture of a side by side with the sigelei and snowwolf (ive searched, hard to find a pic).

I'm not sure which to buy and im ordering today. Right now im leaning over towards the snowwolf a bit, but if its bigger than the sigelei150w I think that would push me towards buying the sigelei instead.
You should wait for this sigeli LINK

Reactions: Nickstive

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Saw P. Busardo a while ago on the latest The Reviewers Queue vid. While at the PA vape show a vaper came up and had a snow wolf 200 and said he had been vaping on it all day at 200 watts. The guy noticed that Busardo had a DNA200 mod and wanted to try it so Busardo set it to 200 watts and put the guys atty on it. The guy only took about 1/2 draw and coughed his guts out. Short of the story is all 200 watts are not the same?

Reactions: Mr.Mann

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
is the sig100w the same size as the sig150? found a snowwolf vs sig100w, and the sig100w is bigger :eek:

100 and 150 are the same size. I don't have a snowwolf so can't give you the comparison there. My sigelei 150 feels huge in my hands lately after using my evic VT and subox but it's manageable. Fits in my pocket fine and has never had any problems in 4 or so months using it as my main device. The main issue is the lack of temp control, the way I see it if you upgrade now and every new device out has temp control you will start itching to get a temp control device. Of course you can get the sig and an evic vt for about the price of a snowwolf so it all balances out one way or another.

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
I was going to get a snowwolf but opted for the Sig 150. If temp control is going to become something really really big this is the infancy of that technology and I suspect more advancements will come quickly over the year.

I'm vaping a Arctic tank at 70 watts on my Sig 150 and its barely warm and I'm getting great flavor and not having to mess with anything. I'm happy and I think the Sig is probably better made.

Also, the shutdown feature (sleep) on the wolf, my sig would drive nuts if I had to boot it every time I reached for it throughout the night. Do you need 100 watts on temp control?

Get a 150 now, and a EVIC or Sig 75 for the temp control when prices drop. Decide later which direction is the most enjoyable and least hassle.

Just option, we all have them LOL

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
well, I have a rdna40 so I do have a TC mod atm, but only to 40watts. I only have mechs, a 30w and a 40w mod. So this next purchase is mostly due to me wanting to go higher in wattage but not venture into the dangerous zone with my mechs. The sigelei150w TC is out of the picture because that thing is horrendous looking, and the DNA200 is out of the picture because I dont want a giant 3x18650 mod nor do I want LiPo batteries.

I think I am going to get the snowwolf, it looks a bit smaller in form factor than the sigeleis. Just hearing some of you guys say the sigelei150 feels like a giant in your hands made me wonder :eek:, rather get something smaller.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Saw P. Busardo a while ago on the latest The Reviewers Queue vid. While at the PA vape show a vaper came up and had a snow wolf 200 and said he had been vaping on it all day at 200 watts. The guy noticed that Busardo had a DNA200 mod and wanted to try it so Busardo set it to 200 watts and put the guys atty on it. The guy only took about 1/2 draw and coughed his guts out. Short of the story is all 200 watts are not the same?
It depends on the operating limits of the device, and what kind of feedback the device gives you. I don't know anything personally about either device, but I'll give this example.

Mod 1 has a voltage output range of 2 to 8 volts, and a current limit of 30 amps.

Mod 2 has a voltage output range of 2 to 10 volts, and the same 30 amp current limit.

Mod 1 can only fire a 0.4 ohm coil at a max of 160 watts because of its voltage limit, but Mod 2 can give it a full 200 watts (200 watts on a 0.4 ohm coil is 8.94 volts and 22.4 amps).

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
It depends on the operating limits of the device, and what kind of feedback the device gives you. I don't know anything personally about either device, but I'll give this example.

Mod 1 has a voltage output range of 2 to 8 volts, and a current limit of 30 amps.

Mod 2 has a voltage output range of 2 to 10 volts, and the same 30 amp current limit.

Mod 1 can only fire a 0.4 ohm coil at a max of 160 watts because of its voltage limit, but Mod 2 can give it a full 200 watts (200 watts on a 0.4 ohm coil is 8.94 volts and 22.4 amps).

when we get to those levels of wattage, I doubt id really vape at 200watts, and If i ever did it would only be like 1second pulls. From what I hear in the dna200 thread, its more about the mod being vapable of higher voltage for the 'rampup' time to be reduced by putting higher power initially in to reach your targeted temperature faster, moreso than vaping at a solid 200watts constantly (that would be just ridiculous). Either way, the dna200 LiPo is a def no go for me regardless, I would still be looking at the snowwolf even if it was 100-150w.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
when we get to those levels of wattage, I doubt id really vape at 200watts, and If i ever did it would only be like 1second pulls. From what I hear in the dna200 thread, its more about the mod being vapable of higher voltage for the 'rampup' time to be reduced by putting higher power initially in to reach your targeted temperature faster, moreso than vaping at a solid 200watts constantly (that would be just ridiculous). Either way, the dna200 LiPo is a def no go for me regardless, I would still be looking at the snowwolf even if it was 100-150w.
I'm normally no higher than 40 watts, and usually anywhere from 15 to the upper 20s, but I won't criticize any of our high-power vaping family members.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere

he used the same atty on both of the mods. They guy was sucking on it at 200 watts on his mod but it blew him away when it was put on the 200w Dna mod.
The guy just thought he was vaping at 200 watts on his mod. The mod should read the atty and only adjust to within the wattage it can do for the atty placed on it. It should not say 200 watts if it can only do 100 watts for that atty.

IXIShogunR1

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2014
VA
i dont have a snow wolf so i can't fully help you with a comparison, but i do have a Sigelei 150, and an IPV3 and IPV3 LI. they are all 3 the same size. the sigelei looks bigger because its all square edges, vs the IPVs rounded and notched edges. but in the hand they feel the same, and side by side look the same.

idk what you're looking for out of the mod, but i do recommend the IPV3 LI, it has lots of features for a really good price. i got mine from vape street for $98 shipped with batteries

but if your just set on the sig or the wolf, the sig is an awesome mod and still a great price for what your getting, i haven't had any issues with it so far for the month i've owned it and i use it everyday, its my carry around work high watt mod, where as the IPV3s i like to leave at home safe and sound when i'm working (that's cause the IPV is my fav mod and i dont want to risk it LOL) plus the silicone case for the sig makes me feel more secure about it being in my pocket at work

i guess i have avg hands for a guy, i've always felt my hands where a little smaller then most, med/large glove size, and all these mods fit in my hand comfortable with no real issues

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
The SnowWolf is quite small for a dual battery mod.

I don't have a pic of one side by side with the Sigelei, but I do have one of it side by side with an old Cloupor 30W (Hana Modz clone)

20150625_161113.jpg

They are exactly the same thickness too.

And then there is the Sigelei with the same clone:

53185.jpg

As for the glass, the way I see it I carry a cell phone with a glass front as well. I've never broken it.

Last edited:

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
yeah I have an iphone ive dropped and laid down on a few times. Is the glass ont he snowwolf similar glass to the iphone? Sort of like a thick break resistant glass? That's what I really am unsure of, and have never heard of anyone mention it really. I think that guy who reviews in his shack said it felt like some kind of gorilla glass.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
yeah I have an iphone ive dropped and laid down on a few times. Is the glass ont he snowwolf similar glass to the iphone? Sort of like a thick break resistant glass? That's what I really am unsure of, and have never heard of anyone mention it really. I think that guy who reviews in his shack said it felt like some kind of gorilla glass.
I feel like if it was gorilla glass that'd be a major selling point and they'd definitely mention it. Could be wrong, but if I made the mod I'd be bragging about it and running tanks over it to prove my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread