Status
Not open for further replies.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
First, FT is a clearing house much like Amazon. Somethings they have on hand, somethings that have to call the factory for. Odd that it is, there are different factories making their own version of the same authentic. Again, sadly they don't like to say what factory is making it, so getting a reading on the factory is hard. For me, I read the reviews and the discussions, all of them. I also look for SKU numbers and any reviews/opinions posted on forums.

With all that in mind, I haven't had much problem getting a decent product, it just takes time and effort.

I also use 3FVape. I just received 6 KV5 toppers. I have three cleaned, parts reviewed, built, and filled. They seem to work smoothly, no leaks...I don't know about the other popular clones for the KV5, I just got these because 3F seems to look for better clones to put on their site. 6-7 purchases with them now and always good. Cost a little more, though. Travel time is about the same.

As an overall experience with clones, do the homework and you'll get a better clone. I do have some authentic, but if I work for good clones, I can get 4-5 toppers for the same cost. I don't do clones with getting mods, though. That is a safety thing to me.

Hope helps.
Ditto thats exactly the way I feel.

Attys i'm fine with clones. Electronics i want an authentic.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
Hey guys, so I've been looking at getting into rebuildables but I don't have a lot of money so I was going to get a few clones of some good RDAs that people on here said were their favourites. But I've read that materials out of China can be god-knows-what, even if labeled as stainless steel?? Was wondering what you guys think, if the label is SS is it going to be SS? Or likely not?
The websites I was looking at are 3fvape and efun.top does anyone know if these are trustworthy?
Also one of the ones I was going to get is a Baal v3 which comes with 'stainless steel' deck but a copper sleeve, would this be safe to vape on?

Baal V3 22mm Black RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer
5ml Geekvape Avocado 24 RDTA Tank - $19.99
http://www.efun.top/wotofo-freakshow-mini.htmlhttp://www.efun.top/wotofo-freakshow-mini.html

Thanks all
I will say this much about efun.top. I ordered a Kayfun Mini v3 clone that was advertised on their site as being made by Tobeco. They sent me a :censored:, generic clone instead. I know it was not a Tobeco because I already owned a Tobeco clone.

When I complained they went into "let's make a deal" mode. "How about we give you a $0.50 credit - blah blah blah - round and round in circles. Worse yet, what they sent me is bad enough that I consider it dangerous to use (possibility of shorts).

I will never order anything else from efun.top. :-x

JaxTel

Dec 31, 2013
Oxford, England
You would be surprised at how much research people who buy clones put in. I'm one of them. I don't just pick one. You tube, forums, site reviews. There are so many to chose from and I don't want a .... clone. Even if it is cheep. The people who go back and write reviews on the sites understand this and pass on there experience with there purchase. 3fvape sells SMJY and SXK clones and they get good reviews. I think SMJY is a little better. And there stuff is posted as ss316 or 304 from my experience. Just don't buy .... that's painted if you are soo worried.

Haha it actually doesn't surprise me that much:D it's only natural to not want to get something that will explode your mod or poison you hehe..
Besides there's nothing worse than eagerly awaiting some vapemail & discovering it to be defective or break very soon:/
I didn't have a lot of luck with SKU numbers, though I did forget to paste them into youtube and see if that came up with something; google did not!
I just stuck to buying versions with many good reviews. In the end I got so numb trying to find the best deal on the best site with the best shipping I just said .... it & bought a few :D

I will say this much about efun.top. I ordered a Kayfun Mini v3 clone that was advertised on their site as being made by Tobeco. They sent me a :censored:, generic clone instead. I know it was not a Tobeco because I already owned a Tobeco clone.

When I complained they went into "let's make a deal" mode. "How about we give you a $0.50 credit - blah blah blah - round and round in circles. Worse yet, what they sent me is bad enough that I consider it dangerous to use (possibility of shorts).

I will never order anything else from efun.top. :-x

Thanks for the heads up mate! You likely saved my ..., as I've now avoided purchasing from them, cheers:)

For anyone who's interested I ended up getting velocity v2 and mutationxv4 from FT in the end haha. And to have a guaranteed good vape coming soon I got an authentic troll v2 from directvapor. Didn't want to get it from FT as I don't want to wait for shipping from China for all of them; even went ahead & bit the bullet on $8 for priority shipping..
Can't wait to receive these bad boys!

homeuser6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
brightwood,or.,usa
the answer is no. i got into rebuildables because of the cost factor,so all i have are clones. all are described as stainless. none are completely stainless. nickle plated brass is a slightly different color than stainless. whenever i am suspicious , i get out a magnet and my lead test wipes,scratch off some nickle plate and wipe the brass. c360(free machining brass) is by far the easiest and fastest machining material on automatic bar machines, so it is everywhere in small parts. all types 300 series stainless are non magnetic until work hardened.
i have discovered nickle plated brass, 400 series ss, and hard chromed carbon steel in small component parts. since i prefer only stainless or titanium contacting my juice,i have turned numerous small replacement parts for my gennys.
the quote from reddit is correct
[paraphrase one redditor: 'China: where stainless steel is a color' lol.]
if you want to know, test it yourself. many vapers do not care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread