Can i use different companies flavor in Halo Vapes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
About to order liquid..says 50/50 vg/pg but theres others like 70/30..what is the normal one i want?

With Halo products I would never go below a 60PG/40VG mix.

The G6 carts don't work well with thick juices, and the Triton tanks are the same since they are top-wick coils. If the liquids are too thick you'll end up with a lot of burnt tasting hits which is just unpleasant. The Halo systems are designed for thinner liquids. The Halo liquids themselves are 80PG/20VG blends. I ran 65PG/35VG blends through my old Tritons when I still used them, but I would go through coils about twice as often because of the thicker liquids.

Reactions: djsvapour

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
If you are going with blank cartridges, anything from 50% pg on up to 100% pg should work, unless things have changed drastically since my daughter and I used cigalikes with cartridges a few years ago.

If you are going with a clearomizer or tank, I would start with 50/50 pg/vg at first. When we switched from cigalikes to Kanger Evods, we were able to go a bit higher on vg with the Evod bottom coil clearos. Follow advice from members who have used top coil clearos as to what works with top coils.

Reputable dealers for hardware include Sweet Vapes, Mt. Baker Vapor, My Vapor Store. I have ordered batteries, tanks, coils from all of these vendors, and I trust them to send genuine equipment and replacements at reasonable prices.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Also..can you charge these halo's with a vuse charger? Can't really get any info from their customer support
No, the VUSE charger won't fit any other brand's device. Also even if it does fit, you should never ever ever attempt to charge an e-cigarette (especially the type with the screw-in threaded connection to the little charger dongle, but really this is true for any rechargeable battery) with anything other than the charger that it came with, unless you know that they are compatible. Some companies (I'm looking at you, Blu) use batteries with the "standard" 510 connection threads but with reversed polarity (positive is on the outside ring, instead of in the center pin like most -- but not all so still don't mix them -- other manufacturers). If you're just screwing one brand's cartridge onto another brand's battery this doesn't make much of a difference, as the electrons will flow through the wire either way and not care at all. But when you start trying to push those electrons through the battery (i.e. charge the battery) the wrong way, things are going to get violent. So you must absolutely only ever use Blu chargers and batteries with other Blu chargers and batteries, and for any other brand, make sure you know they are compatible or else don't mix and match.

On the other hand, a USB cord is just a USB cord, so anything with a micro USB port on it should work with any cord that fits the plug, however you still have to make sure that the USB outlet you plug it into on the other end can supply at least as much amperage as the device is asking for -- usually somewhere around 1A (1000mA), it should say somewhere on the device itself or in the instructions.

Are blanks similar to the tanks? I know they have cotton in them but still a decent experience?
The blanks are probably empty "cartomizers." Maybe old tech, but they get the job done, and probably the best performance you will get out of a cigarette-sized device like that. They are literally zero maintenance. You just fill it, vape it, when it goes bad throw it out and grab a fresh one.

To fill it you will want to remove the plug on the mouth end, and slowly drip your liquid in a few drops at a time until it starts leaking out the bottom. That's when it's saturated with liquid, and it won't hold any more, but once the dripping stops and you take a few puffs off of it, it's not gonna leak anymore either, as the liquid is all soaked up in the filler material and it's not going anywhere until you vape it. I mean, if you take one that's really saturated and shake around and stuff you might fling a few drops out, but it shouldn't leak just sitting there or carrying it around in your pocket. Especially after you vape it some so it's not super-saturated, it should hold onto the liquid really well. Make sure to refill it before it goes completely dry or you'll burn the filler material, in which case that one's toasted and you'll need another. When it starts to taste funny, or leaks at a time other than when you fill it, throw it out and grab a new one.

Reactions: glointhedark

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
xKINGx, I'm in exactly the same place as you. I stopped cigarettes about 5 months ago using Vuse. I can't knock them, as they did get me to stop smoking, but the cost was becoming prohibitive, especially after the price increase just a few months ago. I also looked at a bunch of starter kits and decided to go with the Triton from Halo.

I know I could have put together a kit for less, but the $49 kit also included a full 30 ml ejuice bottle. Halo's juice runs about $20 for a 30 ml bottle (not saying it's necessarily worth it, but as a new vaper I did like that it was US made, had a certificate of analysis, and seemed to have a good reputation from the reading I did before purchasing). So essentially the kit was $30, after the ejuice, for 2 batteries, 2 clearomizers, a cone if I want to use a cartridge from their G6 line and want to make it look cleaner, and the USB charger with a separate wall adapter. That seemed like an OK deal to me, and saving $10 or $15 to start didn't feel like the way to go for me.

I will say coming off of Vuse, this kit is way better than those cartridges. I got their tobacco flavored Tribeca, and after a day of using it, I'm totally pleased. I also noticed I vape far less than I did with Vuse, which I was constantly using, running through 2 cartridges or so every day. Despite the liquid being 24 mg which is less than Vuse, I feel my nicotine carvings are well controlled with less use.

Whether you go with Halo or another company, using even a simple eGo system is far superior to what you were getting from Vuse. You will not regret the change.

@Completely Average, thanks for the tip about those T2 coils. While they look the same I wasn't sure I could do that. They're way cheaper than the $12.50 Halo offers for 5 replacement coils.

Ariben

Aug 1, 2016
New Hampshire
Been using a Vuse for about a year now and wanting to buy a legit one. Interested in Halo company, question is can the E cig or the titron be used with other companies juice?

Wanting to buy from deluxejuice .com

its much cheaper than Halo's juice. Am i able?

Also ive seen videos of people smoking from what looks like a box with a cig attached? Sorry not sure what it is, but is their titron just a cigarette looking (Stupid question i guess, it looks like a cig but, never know) I really like the feel of my vuse but its too pricey and just bored with the flavors

It doesnt look like the titron have automatic (Dont wanna push a button each time but i will if needed) So if possible can i switch juices with just the e cig?

If anyone has used vuse...how long will the ML bottles last compared to one of the cartridges? I usually go through a pack every night or two
I have been using Halo products for quite awhile. Am very happy because they are top quality to be sure. Also helps a lot because I get confused with all the products out there now. I know what I am getting with Halo and their customer service is fantastic. Right now I use the G6 and the Triton as well. Good luck with your vape !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread