Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Here's a real newbie question which I figure belongs here. I have a Halo Triton kit with an eGo style battery and a simple T2 type clearamizer, which fills from the top. Is this pen style supposed to sit upright most/all of the time when containing liquid, or just leave it horizontal on my desk like a pen or my old Vuse e-cig used to be? I guess I'm concerned about two things. First, liquid heading towards the top of the clearamizer where it could theoretically leak form the screw on drip tip, and second, what's best for the wick on the coil?

Yes, it sounds stupid, but I'm really curious.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Here's a real newbie question which I figure belongs here. I have a Halo Triton kit with an eGo style battery and a simple T2 type clearamizer, which fills from the top. Is this pen style supposed to sit upright most/all of the time when containing liquid, or just leave it horizontal on my desk like a pen or my old Vuse e-cig used to be? I guess I'm concerned about two things. First, liquid heading towards the top of the clearamizer where it could theoretically leak form the screw on drip tip, and second, what's best for the wick on the coil?

Yes, it sounds stupid, but I'm really curious.

All Depends on whether the Atty leaks or not:)

Reactions: Foggy Road

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
It's been a long time since I used a T2, but many of those old tanks were better kept vertical i.m.o.

In fact, I did use the T2s on an EVIC, so they were always kept upright... so on that particular tank I can't say.

Evods and iClears and many others were better not laid sideways. I don't know if it was the laying sideways or the general sloshing around of liquid, but something often caused them to be less good than upright, yes.

(or maybe it was all too long ago).

I have no love for Halo, but anything is better than giving money to VUSE, so I'll wish you luck :)

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
T2's won't leak thru the top as long as the mouthpiece and top o-ring (on the mouthpiece) are in good shape. Like all top coils, they are better if kept upright, but they are pretty leakproof. Left horizontal, they can flood sometimes.

My wife has been using T2's for 3+ years and I still use egos on occasion. We keep shot glasses at strategic locations (bedside, sink, end tables, computer) to sit our pen style vaporizers in.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Halo were not stupid taking the T2 as their choice.

The version I got (which was just as expensive, as I didn't know better) served me well for a few months. I particularly remember vaping a certain e-liquid in them and couldn't believe the clean flavor compared to CE4 types.

I bet somewhere is selling these very cheap and you could 'bag' boxes and boxes of replacement heads.

Please do check prices of T2 stuff generally if you stick with them :)

Reactions: Foggy Road

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I've seen T2 coils for $4 for a 5 pack. I didn't realize the option was there and bought a 5 pack from Halo for $12.50. Next time I'll spend the $4. If they don't fit I won't feel so bad losing $4. I'll try and give Halo a call and see if they'll tell me which version I need, but the tank sure does look like a Kanger, so it just might work.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I've seen T2 coils for $4 for a 5 pack. I didn't realize the option was there and bought a 5 pack from Halo for $12.50. Next time I'll spend the $4. If they don't fit I won't feel so bad losing $4. I'll try and give Halo a call and see if they'll tell me which version I need, but the tank sure does look like a Kanger, so it just might work.

The coils are not related to the fitting (the thread) of the tank.

I can't see Halo admitting they are Kanger-made... that's the sort of question 'brand' e-cigs circumnavigate all the time. There'll be a loophole.

Consider yourself fortunate though. $4 is a fairly safe gamble and paying that instead of $12 from now on will save a lot of money.

All these things have to be seen in relative terms.

---

Consider one the self-proclaimed *top rated* brands of e-cigarette. (Not Halo)

They flatly refused to admit Kanger were making their e-cigs and justified charging $119.99 for a $29.00 e-cig. Then, they sold $7.99 coils for $19.99... and $3 liquid for $17.

This is how a $14 mod e-cig (from a factory in Shenzhen) can end up on your door for $199.00

Reactions: Eskie

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Ah, you were referring to the tank to battery thread. I'm not sure what the Halo threads are, but I did get their Triton to eGo/510 adapter, just to increase my options down the road.

Yes, and if you have adapters - that's great! Those adapters save so much trouble.

I owned quite a bit of KR808 (I call it 808) stuff and 808 to 510 saved me from throwing things away.

Reactions: Eskie

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Oh. Just to add. My T2 were ego thread. Halo could well be KR808. Two different fittings, so watch out.

All T2's will thread on either 808/ego (Halo) or 510/ego devices. The Titan tanks from Halo will only work on the Halo 808/ego batts. Any T2 replacement coil head will work on both.

T2 coils are getting harder to find...discountvapors, litecigusa, surevapes...those are my sources.

Reactions: djsvapour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread