Canadians interested in bulk order?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Compactman

Dec 1, 2008
I am willing to organize a Canadian bulk order from central trade if anyone else is interested. Please email me compactman@gmail.com

The only thing I want out of it is shipping and border fee's covered. If the first one goes well I will continue this way. I have the credit available to do something like this but I need solid trustworthy support from others here.

If users are aware of a better more cost effective wholesaler to deal with I will do further research if links are provided. I'm doing this as a sort of market research trial to get the fundamentals down to see how much trouble it will be to sell to my coworkers and possibly locally.

Offer extends to Canadians only. Will use Canadapost service to keep shipping charges to a minimum.

I'm going to tackle this the same way others have. Get the list together and then email the wholesaler to get a quote. The more people that jump in the cheaper it is for everyone.

Compactman

Dec 1, 2008
Alright So we have 4 Canadians signed up so far.

I wanted to add a little bit more transparency to the thread. I plan on getting the bulk quote for the end of January. Once I receive the quote I'll collect money for products purchased from individuals.

Then place the order

When the products arrive to my house I will notify everyone the cost on tax/border fee's + shipping and hold your stuff hostage until payment for that is received. Don't worry this isn't ebay and I won't buff up the shipping costs.

This protects everyone as well as myself so we don't have to soak up any extra costs in case 1 person does not pay.

I crawl around this forum all day at work so if I do not reply right away it's because I'm working but I most likely have seen what you wrote.

If people want to split things between each other let me know ahead of time. I would split up liquids for people but I do not have a fast source to gather bottles so please no liquid sharing unless you are purchasing packs of sealed bottles. Do that amongst yourselves after lol.

Last edited:
Do you only accept PayPal compact? Perhaps it may help others decide if you could specify payment methods in greater detail.

I think I'd like to wait and see how this first shipment turns out, especially in regard to how much taxes/duties will charged. If it's reasonable, then I may hop on for the next one.

I'm particularly interested in finding out what the final cost of a 1.2kg liquid jug is.

Last edited:

Compactman

Dec 1, 2008
I will be using paypal as it is the most popular method. I do have a merchant account through my moonlit consulting business that is able to take credit card but I would have to charge the individual tax if I run it through the business account. So this is why I am choosing paypal

A lady at ups told me once that all brokerage fee's are handled if you airmail. In my experience this seems to be very true so I'm expecting to only have to pay Canadian tax when it gets to the country but we will see.

Compactman

Dec 1, 2008
I just appreciate they allow the odd bulk order post to exist. Lets not forget there are quality control issues from wholesalers. People like Steve do a lot of correspondence to make sure you get good batteries and atomizers every time.

You don't get that kind of satisfaction with me. I'm just going to send what they ship to me working or not. lol. Wholesalers build a reporte with retailers and generally send them the best stuff. That's just how business works in the wholesale world. Keep your return customers happy.

I'm still going to order stuff from Steve. My habit is just getting bigger than my pocketbook so this is my way of continuing the habit so that I may purchase from Steve again in the future lol.

We may end up with lower quality stuff who knows it's a gamble but that's just how it goes with wholesale.

Last edited:
I will be using paypal as it is the most popular method. I do have a merchant account through my moonlit consulting business that is able to take credit card but I would have to charge the individual tax if I run it through the business account. So this is why I am choosing paypal

A lady at ups told me once that all brokerage fee's are handled if you airmail. In my experience this seems to be very true so I'm expecting to only have to pay Canadian tax when it gets to the country but we will see.

Thanks for that info. I'll be following your efforts very closely.

Compactman

Dec 1, 2008
hahah It's cool Superstack I know you Sudbury people like to go down and spend money at the Golden. That's a quality establishment I was introduced to in my younger years one visit hahaa

equazcion you are right. I just don't want people to jump in and expect the same quality. The old staple stands. You get what you pay for. =)..... Unless you own stock in car companies lol.

Last edited:

Misty

Forum Admin Supplier & Commercial Manager
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2008
Canada
Chinese New Year is coming up and most factories (CT probably too)are closing from Jan 22-Feb.15.
Maybe it's possible to consider deadline before the Jan18th like the UK group getting together otherwise it won't be till March till we get anything ?

What do you think, Compactman?

Last edited:

shareit

Dec 31, 2008
Montreal
Here some info about chinese new year

Chinese New Year falls on Monday, January 26th 2009

The Chinese New Year that is celebrated for about fifteen days is one moment in the year when the whole nation feels united as they can imagine each other's enjoyment. The Chinese New Year gets determined by the chinese new year calendar and therefore it is sometimes called the Lunar New Year. In 2009, the Chinese Lunar Year Festival would start from 26 th of January. As every one is aware of its significance, the working people in china can take weeks of holidays so that they can join the company of their near and dear ones and a feast with their family members on the chinese new year eve or Lunar New Year's Eve. Although with the changing times and increasing mobility of the people the celebration of Chinese New Year Festival has undergone some changes, everybody still very fervently follow all the customs that their elders have taught them.

Compactman

Dec 1, 2008
If we have enough orders by the 15th I'll try and have that arranged last minute to speed things up for everyone. If people miss out oh well.

Something else I learened. Central trade will have usb passthrough cables after the holiday.
They also sent me an updated price list. I'll post it tonight. I'm going to be late to work though if I dont get motoring here.

Dear Bradley Gillap,

We will have it after Chinese New year as there is large request for.

I add inclosure our newstes qoutations

Many greets,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread