Carto refill questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomVic

Feb 20, 2014
United States
I'm in need of some assistance from you all please....I have about 15 FIN replacement cartos that I've saved once they'd start to taste bad and need a replacement. I have been looking online and found that you can refill the "pre-filled" cartos by popping off the top with a thumb tack or something similar. Check the cotton inside for any burnt material and so far, so good - still white. Tilt the carto at an angle and rotate it as you add drop by drop to fill it until saturated. Ok, sounds easy enough. Now, how many times can I refill these "pre-filled" cartos before the cotton is shot or the built-in atomizer is shot? What carto brand is a good replacement for a 510 ecig battery and do they come with the cotton and wick already inside them? Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

thatguy2

Moved On
Oct 24, 2013
"have been looking online and found that you can refill the "pre-filled" cartos by popping off the top with a thumb tack or something similar"
yes you can.. BUT, the thumbtack is likely to make you bleed (speaking from experience here.. you should also clean them before refilling to get the old flavor out..

Cleaning info here --> http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...o-tutorial-cleaning-boge-510-cartomizers.html
here --> http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo.../285083-refilling-disposable-cartomizers.html
and here --> http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tips-tricks/41440-how-clean-refill-cartomizers.html

"Tilt the carto at an angle and rotate it as you add drop by drop to fill it until saturated"
yes, that works OK, but you'll find it easier to refill with a syringe..

"Now, how many times can I refill these "pre-filled" cartos before the cotton is shot or the built-in atomizer is shot"
ummm.. seem to have misplaced my crystal ball, so a great answer is not available at this time.. But seriously, I did this when I first started and got 8 to 10 fills on some and as few as 2 or 3 on others.. a lot depends on the juice your using.. dark and/or sweet juices don't last as long as the light/clear flavors..

"What carto brand is a good replacement for a 510 ecig battery and do they come with the cotton and wick already inside them?"
Loaded question.. ask 100 people and you'll get at least 80 different answers.. BOGE or Kanger (Kanger 510 Black Horizontal Coil Cartomizers ) are good, so many choices that it makes it hard to guess.. and yes, the cotton and wicks are already in them..

Let me ask a question - are you still using the FIN battery?
If so, then I would lean toward suggesting switching to a clearo such as this --> Kanger 510 T4 Clearomizer

lots of other choices out there also.. some will jump in and say nano or ce-whatever.. I've tried most and found the Kanger to be the best, easiest and with the light juices, you can get several weeks of full time use out of one simply by cleaning every few days..

not a lot of folks check here, so you won't get a lot of answers and it may take a while for a response.. if you want more input or faster response, post your question in:
General - General E-Smoking Discussion
or
Assorted PV Topics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread