cartomizer question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul42360

Feb 9, 2010
Michigan USA
Sherid, You were not getting much or any air flow thru the cart from the sound of it.

I have an adapter that I can hook my GreenCig to my 510 batts but they are manual batteries and I had the same issue.

All I can say is on a GreenCig battery the throat hit is mild but OK, vapor production is good and flavor is there but weaker.
In comparison to my vapor king stuff, Flavor in the GreenCig is better in my opinion.

In comparison to my 510 well, the 510 is better on all 3 but you are refilling a lot more. I mainly drip in my 510 at home nowadays.

Last edited:

planetofthevapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2009
Pandhandle of Nebraska
I can taste it if I start to burn my carto even just a little bit (except when using menthol liquid, then I don't notice until I have a throatburner on my hands!). I get a good 7-10 days out of ONE cartomizer with my chainvaping and constant refilling. I no longer have more than one carto out at a time. I refill them 10-20 times a day. I usually take out the cap and the o-ring out and place a shortened 901 tip on them, or just put the white cap back on without the o-ring. I use them like an atomizer. If it dries, I open and drip it...give it a quick blow to clearn any central flooding out...and then vape away. To the OP, I get 1-6 weeks out of a regular atomizer (more of an average of 2 before I can't stand it anymore). So, the fact that I can get the same AVERAGE out of a $1 carto...that is why I use cartos. That and I love the TH and plumes of vapor coming out of them! I also like that every time I refill them it tastes like I just got out a brand new atomizer (except without the icky primer). So, it's always like vaping new even though it's a week or two old.

I know that taste/vapor is subjective. One person can pull plumes off of a model that others can't make large amounts of flavor/vapor out of...and it's the exact opposite for other models. As for me and all of the people that I converted to vaping...we all much prefer the kr8s! :) DO TRY!

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
Neat for you, planetofthevapes, if you can taste the burning. Many others can't, and I'm not talking of beginners, either. Of course, with other models, it's not exactly much of an issue to begin with.

Also, your carto lasts you a week, great. Others talk about a dozen refills, but even if it does last a week, my 510s do far have all lasted me months, except one, that kicked the bucket after 45 days.

Of course all of this is a matter of taste. I'd even pay more than a KR8 would cost me if that'd mean I don't have to check for burned filling flavour - and have to pray that I do taste it at all. Good thing that can be had cheaper, too!

sensay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2010
Neverland
I am sorry if I did not fully explain lol! I am a complete newbie to all this. I looked up cartomizers and the only thing I could find was the down side. Thank you all so much for letting me know the upside. I dont have alot of $ to throw around so I did not want to buy anything that was not going to be worth it :) I am convinced now!! I have my adapter now and am looking for the cartos to go with it! If anyone has ones they do not care for and want to get rid of cheap pm me!!:)

HaploVoss

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Rogersville, MO - USA
I know something must have gone wrong with my one time experiment with GreenCig carts. I got no vapor. It was impossible to draw on, and the taste was horrible. I keep hearing how great they are, but at their price I am reluctant to try again. So, I am asking what makes them so special, and why might my experiment with them have failed so dramatically? I would love to try again if I thought I would get a different result.

Hmmm... not certain what happened to you - was it really hard to draw on? If that is the case then you were probably using a standard 901 battery - and GreenCig cartos require more air around the bottom to get in so you can actually draw on them.

The benefit to them is that once you're done with them - they are fantastic for dripping. They actually have a cartridge inside so once you get it apart, they are REALLY easy to refill and it holds a lot of juice.

Also - I'm not sure from what I have just read in here, but I can take 2 different NEW 901 attys (I happen to have some actually), drip 3 drops of 555 24mg on them and get good throat hit and great vapor.
On either the GreenCig or standard cartos, I can either fill them up, or drip a few drops in the battery end, and get much better throat hit and not quite as good vapor - but still plenty. If you go high voltage they are insane on TH and Vapor. I think they only last about 2/3 as long as a regular atty at high voltage imho.

So... for me, on the GreenCig cartos - I have a few I have kept for around 5 months now? 3 out of the 5 pack are still going strong. 2 of them I refill regularly and one I use for just dripping. I use 901 tips on them and they work fantastic.

Oh yeah - if I use a KR808D battery - I sock them down, then back it off a bit so I get more air when I draw using the GreenCig. Otherwise you could just break down and buy a GC battery I guess :D

Take care,
- Hap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread