Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadbeatJeff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2014
Rochester, NY
store.coilsociety.com
Done, it's rating is green at this time, must have been a few ANTZ who found another way to screw with us.

I just searched for it and followed the link, took less than 5 min.

:):vapor:
blog.CASAA is still orange on my end, "trustworthiness: unsatisfactory"
:|

Last edited:

DeadbeatJeff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2014
Rochester, NY
store.coilsociety.com
Just joined WOT and gave CASAA the top rating. How do you add comments? Also, when CASAA shows up in a Google search, it shows all Green except on the "New Study......" sub-category. Anyone know why and how we can change that?

To comment you have to create an official account and sign in

DeadbeatJeff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2014
Rochester, NY
store.coilsociety.com
Tried here to download for IE, but won't enable.
pro tip: IE is for people who don't know how to internet
:D

I have a set of addons I;ve been using on FF for many years, and TBH I'd hate the internet, and by extension a good part of my life, without them

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
IMO this version of WOT is a load of crap. There is nothing real about it as it can come down to "I don't like it" = "Not to be trusted". It has nothing to do with the original WOT PGP keys that deal with suspicious sites based on page analysis for real things that are not to be trusted - like malware on the site, attempts to install it, and URL redirects. THAT'S the version that places like Google use to block your access to the site with a warning about problems before you go ahead and access it anyway, not this FF plug-in popularity contest crap. There is a big difference between site safety and site bashing.
:2c:

DeadbeatJeff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2014
Rochester, NY
store.coilsociety.com
IMO this version of WOT is a load of crap. There is nothing real about it as it can come down to "I don't like it" = "Not to be trusted". It has nothing to do with the original WOT PGP keys that deal with suspicious sites based on page analysis for real things that are not to be trusted - like malware on the site, attempts to install it, and URL redirects. THAT'S the version that places like Google use to block your access to the site with a warning about problems before you go ahead and access it anyway, not this FF plug-in popularity contest crap. There is a big difference between site safety and site bashing.
:2c:

yeah, they recently streamlined it (past few months)

:(

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
It comes down to WOT seeing cassa.org and blog.casaa.org as two different websites. You need to be sure to go to each and submit your ratings.

Any URL that starts with the "blog" before cassa.org still needs more votes.

Thank you for the direction, Stosh. I just voted and provided a comment for blog.casaa.org. We need to keep this thread alive and explain to ECF members how to vote for both CASAA.org and blog.casaa.org.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    must.jpg ...........

FireDragon1138

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2014
    Orlando, Florida
    I normally just use IE but I got on Chrome and installed WOT and gave CASAA a green.

It's worth the trouble especially because, aside from CASAA there are so few websites giving factual information about smokeless tobacco. Lots of hype sites about e-cigs (usually selling something) but few websites actually talking about harm reduction.

retired1

Administrator
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    It might be interesting if we used this WOT voting on some of the websites spreading lies about vaping, voting them into the "Red" category.

Just a random thought.....:evil:

Umm, no.

As a reminder: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-forum-rules/51178-forum-rules.html

21. Attacking other websites
    Members' use of this forum to discuss spamming, trolling or disruption of other sites is not allowed.
    a. No posts discussing the placing of unwanted text or materials on another website or forum are allowed.
    b. No posts advocating methods to carry out such attacks are allowed.
    c. No posts giving resources to carry out such attacks are allowed.
    d. Members who attack other sites in any way are at risk of being banned. This includes trolling, spamming links, or acting in a way likely to bring ECF into disrepute on other sites.

Stosh

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 2, 2010
    Nevada
    Umm, no.

As a reminder: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-forum-rules/51178-forum-rules.html

21. Attacking other websites
    Members' use of this forum to discuss spamming, trolling or disruption of other sites is not allowed.
    a. No posts discussing the placing of unwanted text or materials on another website or forum are allowed.
    b. No posts advocating methods to carry out such attacks are allowed.
    c. No posts giving resources to carry out such attacks are allowed.
    d. Members who attack other sites in any way are at risk of being banned. This includes trolling, spamming links, or acting in a way likely to bring ECF into disrepute on other sites.

Sorry....I had only meant it as possibly a way of pointing out sites with extremely questionable, untrustworthy information. NEVER as an attack or trolling of any site. The lies and untrustworthy information, outright propaganda have made the joke "Of course it's true, I read it on the internet" so common.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread