Cheap easy fix for mods/tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
So here it is, I purchased a heat sink adapter for a tank that the threads were gone enough that it wouldn't screw into my mod and fixed it. Then the threads in my newer mod just went out and it fixed that as well. It didn't even occur to me that my old mod with a recessed pin that would only work with long pin tanks could be fixed with one as well... fixed 2 mods for $4.
$1.77 Iwodevape 510 Heat Dissipation Heat Sink for Atomizers - authentic / stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Rickb119

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
Greeley, CO, USA
I've been using them for a while now as thread savers. :thumb:

They don't last forever though. I've had a couple that are now reading "short". Removed it and put the tank directly on the mod and all was well. Rebuilt a couple of coils before I figured out what the problem was. I'm assuming the insulator crapped out.

Reactions: Letitia

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
I used the bottom part of an old airflow controller. Works as a catchcup also. Might be a tad shorter, if you can find them anywhere anymore. Seems built with good quality SS.
I'd say its about 1 fin taller then most AFCs. 10mm including the threads so maybe 6mm added height. Everything looks huge on FT and reviews... dang big screen TV!

Reactions: r77r7r
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread