Choosing a new mod

Discussion in 'APV and Mods Discussion' started by Calebss214, Jan 3, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Calebss214

Calebss214 New Member

Aug 2, 2016
    I'm currently looking for a new mod, I currently have an E-Leaf Istick 40W TC, with an Aspire Atlantis Evo Tank, but I'm currently looking for a new mod, something that's going to give me a lot more power, a bigger throat hit, more flavour E.T.C. I would prefer a kit with everything in like batteries and a charger but I don't really want to spend too much, £100 is my maximum really, any suggestions for high quality mods that aren't to expensive please, thank you very much

SmokinJoe23 likes this.
  2. KingTurtleLeg

KingTurtleLeg Full Member

Feb 4, 2017
    The wismec rx200 has gone down in price recently and my local vape shop sells a kit with a tfv8 but no batteries and charger included. The kit is running for 95 u.s. (sorry for not knowing the converted currency). But the wismec provides plenty of power and long battery life and will fire just about anything in reason u put on it

Darth Omerta likes this.
  3. CoreyDog

CoreyDog Senior Member Verified Member

Oct 29, 2016
    Nottingham, UK
    Depends how much power you want.

£100 will buy you some great kits or even great mod + great tank separately.

I'd take a look at the Smok Alien (220W) Kit including a Baby Beast or if you buy separate, go for the Alien Mod with the Big Baby Beast tank. I've been using my Alien with a Big Baby Beast for a while now and it's perfect. Great flavour with a good battery life and very simple to use.

If that's abit too much, take a look at the Smok AL85 (85W) basically a mini version of the Alien. My other half is ordering one to replace her OSub 80W.

If 220W isn't enough, the Smok GX350 is a monster with 4 18650 batteries and 350W. Mine arrived yesterday and its something else!

You will need 18650 batteries with any of the above but Fogstar will sell you 2 Samsung 30Qs for about £10.

Eskie likes this.
  4. Epsilonsama

Epsilonsama Full Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Get the Smok Alien kit, it will give you more power and it's a sturdy mod.

Eskie likes this.
  5. madstabber

madstabber Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 20, 2013
    chi-town
    For chargers go with an xtar. Mod kits will come with tanks but not a charger or batteries that are worth a damn. Xtar chargers can be had cheap and they are quality. Get Samsung Sony or lg batteries from a reputable dealer to avoid fakes

6. Skold

Skold Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2016
    The alien, rx200s are both great but ive heard good things bout rx300 if you want a quad core 4 battery

7. Don29palms

Don29palms Sin Bin ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    I would agree with the smok alien kit. It will have everything you need. I would say stay away from wismec products. There have been problems with the 510 connector.
    Look at cheapvaping.deals

Eskie likes this.
  8. Skold

Skold Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2016
    The smok alien is a great kit but i dont use the baby beast it comes with (guzzles too much juice.)
    I prefer the cleito :)

Eskie likes this.
  9. KenD

KenD Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 20, 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden
    The Wismec/Joyetech/Eleaf mods are great. Frequent firmware updates that add features. There's also the customisable Arctic Fox firmware and escribe-like device monitoring. Yes, the 510s are not the best, but unless atties are forced down there won't be any problems. I have 12 Wismec/Joyetech/Eleaf mods and I haven't had problems with any of them. In fact, I prefer the Joyetech boards to DNAs.

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

Skold and Falco78 like this.
  10. Falco78

Falco78 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 29, 2014
    United States
    I have both and highly recommend them both

sent from my Galaxy Note 4 using MOAR 2.1b ROM running tapatalk

Skold likes this.