Clapton coil vs. Twisted

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLM

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2015
NE Ohio. USA
I've started playing with twisted wire as the 28g I ordered is actually 30g. I'm doing three strands twisted pretty tight and getting .45 ohms on my Kanger rba deck. A single is over 1.6 ohms.

I have actual 28g and 26g ordered and was thinking about getting some 32 or 34 to try and make a Clapton for it out of the 26 and one of the smaller ones.

So....

Is there any advantage to a Clapton over a twist other than they look cool? Both are just to increase surface area right? I mean I know Clapton coils look cool and twists are boring but doing a quad twist is much easier.

skiball

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2016
I ran 26/32 clapton in my subox just fine. Compared to twisted 26g it took about the same watts to run around 28-32w. I did a 4 or 5 wrap can't remember 4sure been 3 months since i went to dual coil. But with a 2.5 id it would make the draw tighter but the flavor and clouds were decent! Also clapton is better in both areas flavor and clouds. Also i like pre made clapton 6$ a 15ft roll and comes out perfect every time. $5.48 Clapton Kanthal A1 Coiled Heating Wire for Rebuildable Atomizers (Kanthal A1 (coiled), 0.2mm*0.4mm*5m) at m.FastTech.com

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Lucas Rong

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2015
claptons imho are more superior than a twisted coil. claptons produce more of a "wetter" vape if that makes any sense compared to a "dry" vape. To really justify the performance of claptons, you need to try a fused clapton in an rda. For your set up, I recommend doing a 28g single core x 34g outter to accommodate the small subtank build deck. And also avoiding a hot vape.

Reactions: SLM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread