Clearomizer cleaning help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Docd

Jan 6, 2011
Louisville KY
I just got some clearomizers and there great but a couple I didn't do a dry burn first (trust me to get the best flavor dry burn). Question is how do I get the juice out and clean them so I can dry burn them.
On a side note how many time have you been able to refill them? And has any one found a better way to fill I keep bending the flexible needle to the point it won't work and am just use a regular needle.

Thanks

leotiny

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2010
Orlando
i was able to just wiggle the tube and pull it out from the connector. i dont know if there is a way to completely clean the coil on them because on mine no matter what the coil always stays black. I have 2 510 regulars size and been using one since monday and the other since tuesday and i have filled each at least 3 times a day. when it comes to filling them i keep the rubber seals out of them at all times and use drip tips. have had no problem with leaking juice on either end except for an occasional mouthful of juice. as far as filling them i just have the cartomizer at 45 degree angle and drip juice along the side walls.
hope this helps

MahBohMan

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2010
Rhode Island
I have some factory ones and I have syringe 3ml home made ones...I take the inner caps out, then hold it under a running faucet with HOT water, this is all you need to do. Let the water fill it, then flip it and shake the water down and out. Keep doing it, you will see the juice in the reservoir is gone almost immediately, now for the wick. The wick will lose about 90% of all the juice thats in it from doing this. Burn it till the coil is looking good, wash it out again, then burn it and wash it one more time, now that carto is clean as a whistle. But I don't like my wicks being water soaked when I refill. So take a pair of tweezers, reach down inside and gently hook and pull the wick up real easy.(both sides) Also without the caps in place, the ceramic cup can be pushed to one side or the other real easy, for access to your wick from the opposite side. Then just touch the wick with a papel towel and it will dry nice nice. Sometimes I dont bother even drying the wick and I still have had good luck. For refilling, go to your local CVS, head for the pharmacy tell the pharmacist you need a 3ml BD Syringe with the tip. I bought 6 yesterday they were .17 cents each. Makes it ALOT easier to fill those cartos. I have some of those cartos that I have refilled well over 10 times, and they still work fine.

MahBohMan

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2010
Rhode Island
I also get rid of the innermost cap the one sitting over the ceramic cup. But I take the flat clear cap and slide it downflat side towards the cup until its sitting on top of the cup snugly. Then I take that white mouthpeice thing and trim the lip off it with scissors so I can get it inside the tube. I slide that down in there so thats holding the clear flat cap against the top of the ceramic cup....then I use my driptip for a mouthpeice. When I refill I always pull both caps clean them and refill with the syringe down the side of the ceramic cup, its fast.

pico

Dec 23, 2010
Texas
YouTube - Cleaning clearomizer and Vaping in 5 min

Thats the method I use. Takes a little practice to get everything back together perfectly, but works amazingly well! Attempt at own risk though.

+1 on this method. Only difference I do is when they are new, first time before using I do this but soak the wick in PGA for a few minutes then rinse.

Tricky part is be sure to tuck all the wick into the tube. I stick any longer parts into the cup at the bottom. If even one tiny nearly invisible thread gets under the tube, it can cause a leak.

I have yet to have a tube break. I had one ceramic cup crack when removing the silicon cup. They can be difficult to remove first time. I also am careful not to jam it back on and pinch the wick.

Hope all this stuff helps. So far, these are my favorite portable vaping method. I still think dripping tastes a bit better, but for car and work, these are my favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread