Clearomizer cleaning help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowerofParanoia

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2010
San Marcos, TX
I haven't been on the forums in a long time and I had been using the same ego + carto combo for the past year, but finally decided to change it up a bit and start playing around with stuff like the clearomizers.

Only problem is, I can't find any information on how to clean it that doesn't involve dry burning. I'm very much inclined to avoid that at all costs because I have rarely heard good things about dry burning.

Is it ok to use ispropyl to clean a clearomizer like you would a normal atty?

Is it possible to clean the atomizer heating filament without pulling the clearomizer apart?

Any and all help would be grand.

Thanks everyone. :)

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
add some more info, like what clearo is it? when you do dry burn its simple, easy, and can drastically increase the lifespan of the product.

i personally cant recall to many bad experiences other then posts where people didnt do it correctly.

and you can simple rinse it out and let it dry I dont recommend it myself but yea the alcohol will work if its rinsed out and dried properly.

djtonyb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2010
Big Pine Key
I've had good luck using polident tablets on coils... I'm sure it would work with clearo's too. I toss the heads into a cup with a tablet, heat up some water to just about boiling in the microwave, and pour it over the lot. Let it fizz and then leave them to soak for a bit until the water cools down, rinse, and do a dry burn if you are so inclined.

Kingchapp352

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2012
Sc
Why wouldn't you recommend water? Just asking.

Hibiscuits

Moved On
Jul 9, 2012
Bastrop, Texas
I haven't been on the forums in a long time and I had been using the same ego + carto combo for the past year, but finally decided to change it up a bit and start playing around with stuff like the clearomizers.

Only problem is, I can't find any information on how to clean it that doesn't involve dry burning. I'm very much inclined to avoid that at all costs because I have rarely heard good things about dry burning.

Is it ok to use ispropyl to clean a clearomizer like you would a normal atty?

Is it possible to clean the atomizer heating filament without pulling the clearomizer apart?

Any and all help would be grand.

Thanks everyone. :)

Really does depend on what clearo your using. I am stuck on the T3's and I rinse with hot water and give it a vinegar bath for a few hours, another rinse in hot water and set it out in the sun. I personally don't like dry burning.

Hibiscuits

Moved On
Jul 9, 2012
Bastrop, Texas
Hey, sorry guys. I've been out running errands all evening.

This is the clearo I got. Vision Stardust 2.0 Rebuildable eGo Clearomizer

I just worry I'll ruin the heating filament if I dry burn. It scares me, especially because I don't have much money to replace it.

You asked if you can clean it without taking it apart. Yes, you can rinse it, but ideally if you take it apart you can get in there, take the rubber cap off and hold it under a nice stream of hot tap water for a min or so to let it rinse clean. Be sure to turn it upside down and let it run through from the battery end as well. I use needle nose pliers to hold it. Then just set it outside to dry in the sun. In our sun it doesn't take long at all ;)

They are really easy to recoil as well!

Crazyinariz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
Tempe, AZ
You asked if you can clean it without taking it apart. Yes, you can rinse it, but ideally if you take it apart you can get in there, take the rubber cap off and hold it under a nice stream of hot tap water for a min or so to let it rinse clean. Be sure to turn it upside down and let it run through from the battery end as well. I use needle nose pliers to hold it. Then just set it outside to dry in the sun. In our sun it doesn't take long at all ;)

They are really easy to recoil as well!

I hear ya with the 'In our sun it doesn't take long at all ;)'. When I 1st started vaping (way back in August) I kept reading people saying 'drink more water' and all I could think was 'I'm in Arizona and drink 4-6 gallons of water a day on top of the coffee, iced tea and soda that I drink. How much more can I drink?'. hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread