coil confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inka

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2015
AZ
I started out with the nautilus mini's when I quit the smokes. Bought STM and it was too much for me, so I put it away. During the months that followed I decreased my nicotine. When I went down to 4mg of nicotine in my nauti tanks, I pulled out my STM and got some 2mg nicotine, that was almost 4 months ago. I used the .5 coils. I was ready to switch over when my nic level become low and I was wanting more of the inhale feeling I got from smokes. What ever works for you, everyone is different.

Reactions: Katya

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
What ever works for you

Exactly right. Whatever works.

That said, I always recommend a good MTL setup to new vapers. I believe it's a safer way to vape. I don't want all that vapor in my lungs--there are still many unknowns wrt to flavorings and such. Yes, vaping is safer than smoking, about 95-99% safer, but I figure that less vapor in my lungs is better than more vapor, no matter how safe(er) it might be.

And since MTL vaping works for me, I'll stick with it. :)

Reactions: JDC1958

JDC1958

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015
Exactly right. Whatever works.

That said, I always recommend a good MTL setup to new vapers. I believe it's a safer way to vape. I don't want all that vapor in my lungs--there are still many unknowns wrt to flavorings and such. Yes, vaping is safer than smoking, about 95-99% safer, but I figure that less vapor in my lungs is better than more vapor, no matter how safe(er) it might be.

And since MTL vaping works for me, I'll stick with it. :)

The OP is confused and for good reason. There are thousands of choices out there. I finally found something I like a lot after three tries; some get lucky on their first. I also think the store I bought at was a key. My first tries were based on internet reviews and then online orders.

The store could have sold me a 150.00 unit that I was looking at and then added in some needed extras. Instead they got me set-up with their recommendation for a inexperienced vaper.

Juice, coils, tank, batteries, usb cable/charger and a sub box for 108 bucks to be exact. Good people, good recommendations.

Reactions: Katya

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I am new to vaping and am confused about the coils...I bought an EVOD Mega which came with a 1.5 coil...when I bought an extra 5 pack instead of the resistance 1.5 box I was sold the subohm 0.8. This is what they said I needed for my mega and they work...why the difference?

Hi, Medic, and sorry for hijacking your thread. :blush:

Let's go back to your OP. So you got an Evod Mega kit? Like this one?

Kanger EVOD Mega Starter Kit (1900mAh) ⋆ MistHub

If so, you should only use 1.2 (if you want a hotter vape), 1.5 or 1.8Ω (if you prefer a cooler vape) coils with the kit--your mod is regulated at 3.7v, so those three resistances will work fine.

Or did you just get an Evod Mega atomizer--no mod?

If you want to use a sub-ohm coil head in your Evod Mega, make sure that you buy a mod/APV that comes with variable voltage/variable wattage and is capable of handling sub-ohm loads--like iStick 30, for example.

Also, remember that a 1.5Ω dual-coil consists of two 3Ω coils--it will produce more vapor due to increased surface area and that vapor will be cooler compared to a single-coil atty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread