Coils, Nauty, not getting it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey yall, aloha. I have posted before and am a 7 Provari owner. I vape on 4 minis Naughties, and 2.5 with the big batteries. For lack of a better term. I am starting to freak out....I have all Aspire Nautilus tanks. Mostly Minis, 2 fulls.
I have 1.8 ohm coils, and they are dying....in a few puffs.

I cannot get through even half a tank without my coils dying.

My point of this all was to quit smoking. I now have to but 5 coils to make it through 2 days, with my rotation of juices and devices. I am spending more on this than smoking Marbs. I am getting sad.

I have all 2.5s. And naughty tanks. It was never like this before. I do clean them. I am out of coils and just got 4 new ones tonight. My BM is stunned that I get worried about this...said they should last weeks. They last half a tank.

I vape at 4.8v

Help :/

Last edited:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
What coils exactly are you using?
And what kind of juice (the PG/VG ration - for thickness is why I ask)

I don't have Nautilus, but I know people will ask - because that IS wrong, a coil should last much much longer. It could be crap coils - a bad batch or even "fakes". It could be you're not getting them wicking right - juice too thick for the wicking in the coil (I used to pull some cotton out of Kanger coils).

I have cleaned all my devices, and my tanks. I am getting super sad, I have no idea why it was once so good, and it now going downhill. I lurk on all the threads, and and not financially able to to Kabuki, and not sure I even want to. I am am pretty sure it is my coils. I have buying from ecigavenue . They have always done me right and fast shipping. Now, it all bad. I am out of coils, and I hate the fact I am gonna say I wanna got buy a pack of smokes. I literally have NOTHING to vape, and I had 4 5-packs of 1.8's from ecigavenue last week, just burned out on the last one after half a tank on a Nautilus on a 2.5....I am not loving it.

What am I doing wrong????? The last few months have cost me more than Marlboros. I have no idea what in the hell I am doing wrong. I have 6 p2.5s, and 10 aspire talks that were always OK. 1.8 coils. Juice is all the same....please input :) I am not ok with this and about to go to Hawaii Circle K which doesn't even exist....going crazy...

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
If you have a multimeter, check the actual output of your mod.

Never used a provari myself - but 4.8v seems pretty high to me. Right now, doing 3.7v on 2.1 ohm with an istick and an iclear30. At 4.0 I won't see my monitor anymore...

Try lowering the voltage some, maybe them coils aren't capable of handling 4.8 ...

Reactions: zapped

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015
If you have a multimeter, check the actual output of your mod.

Never used a provari myself - but 4.8v seems pretty high to me. Right now, doing 3.7v on 2.1 ohm with an istick and an iclear30. At 4.0 I won't see my monitor anymore...

Try lowering the voltage some, maybe them coils aren't capable of handling 4.8 ...
4.8 at 1.8 ohm should be 12.8 watts. I vaped those at well over 15 watts. I don't think that would be a problem.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Have you tried lower power? If they are getting burnt it's either too much power or not enough juice. Even though I'm not big on Aspire "quality", it's a simple concept with only so many things that can go wrong.

Thats the thing with stuff from China. Quality control is hit or miss.

People have been experiencing a lot of trouble with certain Nautilus coils in the Kabuki as well.

Op that probably doesnt make you feel any better, but you arent alone in this.

There is supposed to be an American company that is making replacement Nautilus coils. I havent tried them so cant vouch for them but if you want I will try to look them up for you.

Reactions: SomeTexan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread