Correct settings for Kanger Topbox Nano red ring coil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapeSmoke

Jul 23, 2016
New to vaping... I've read a dozen topics about Kanger coils and this topic seemed very useful, but I still don't know what to do. I recently purchased a Kanger Nano and I *think* (now I filled the tank so I can't triple check) I got a coil with red (not pink) ring. But they're so damn small that it's very hard to be sure and what's written on them.
Before I filled the tank I had looked as best I could and I think it is red and Nichrome 0.5 Ohm.

When I powered the thing on it asked me if I changed the coil. I answered Yes because before I fiddled with the blue ring type coil. It then showed "Ti" on display, as if it's a Titanium coil. That seemed wrong so I power-cycled it one more time and now it's showing this on the display:
* 1.59 Ohm
* 60 W 230 C | Ni

Hmm... The coil chart says "Ni" (blue ring) is 0.15 Ohm, so this must be wrong.

I'm not sure what to do next. I switched (3 clicks) through several options and I only see Ti, Ni and W(atts). I don't know if these are the right questions but I have to start somewhere:

1. What's the deal with the 1.59 Ohm and "Ni" - is that a random value or does the Nano automatically detect appropriate settings? Is my red ring coil 1.59 Ohm and made of Nickel?
This is very confusing because I am rather sure I saw Nichrome - 0.5 Ohm on mine. Again, I can't recheck and it was too tiny to see clearly in the first place) and instead now I have "Ni" and no way to set a different resistance or pick "NC" (what I assume would appear for Nichrome coils.

2. Should I (if that's at all possible) adjust the resistance to 0.5 Ohm? Or is there a safe way to give it a try? (I've been thinking about leaving the resistance at 1.59 and starting at 20W - thoughts?)

Thanks for any help.

--
As a side note, I found the whole vaping tech confusing before I bought this device but it's even worse than it looks. I bought a Kanger just because it seemed "okay" (I got completely exhausted doing research and I couldn't make up my mind), but I already regret my decision. Terribly confusing product.

VapeSmoke

Jul 23, 2016
That's wired are you sure is no 0.5 ?? I got 3 in my hands and all read 0.5

Thanks for helping out.

Yeah, I also think it should be 0.5 Ohm, I thought that's what I saw before I put it in and filled it up.
I mentioned that the Nano is showing a wrong resistance figure of 1.59 Ohm (I assume it's supposed to automatically detect it), not that it actually is 1.59 Ohm.

What next, since I can't see a way to manually adjust the Ohm setting?
I could discharge the unit and take another look at the coil type, if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread