Kanger Tech OCC replacement coils NiCr only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harryinny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
Syracuse NY
I bought some replacement coils for my TopTank, and when i ordered them i ordered the .15Ohm heads. I noticed after in the description that it said this.
"Kangertech has stopped manufacturing on Standard coils. Only NiCr coils are currently being manufactured. "

So, the coils i received are 0.5NiCr. So, does this mean, that even if i picked 0.15 heads, those would have been NiCr also, or would i have still gotten 0.5 NiCr? I did order the 0.5 anyways so i was wondering.

Also, is NiCr a temp control head? Because the new mod i got along with it says it has a NiCr setting. Just wondering because i am going to order more. For the price of $5 a pack, ill stock up.

Any reply asap would be greatly appreciated so i know what i am getting into.(i do make my own coils Ni,Ti,SS, and regular, but these are cheap and fast to replace for the price.)

CryptoRick

Jul 22, 2018
Found this and may help

First and foremost, let’s clarify the terminology of the name. The phrase “Stainless Steel” (SS) in the name “SSOCC” refers to the casing of the atomizer coil, not the material of the wire. Whereas the majority of atomizer heads are constructed with aluminum casing, the SSOCC coils are made with stainless steel. This was a major oversight on the part of Kanger for making this so confusing and difficult to understand, as they should have been aware of the potential for misperception due to the recent popularity of atomizer coils made with 316L Stainless Steel wire.

Harryinny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
Syracuse NY
Oh i know all about the SS part of the SSOCC, its SS organic cotton. My problem is, it seems the replacements atm are only made out of NiCr coils, my question is, is NiCr Temp control? I have that setting on the new mod i bought for xmas. Have not opened it until then. If i remember from working with materials to build my own coils, i only have knowledge of Kanthal, SS, Ti, and Ni. Thought i heard back then that NiCr was becoming a big thing. It just struck me weird that Kanger according to the site i order from is no longer making heads with regular Kanthal, or other coil materials except NiCr. Which beggs me to ask, would that mean all the resistances you can choose when ordering these means they are also NiCr?

Its just weird. Gonna delve into it a bit more, because i cant see them dropping the whole line or replacements for the still popular HUGE range of tanks these coils fit. Im guessing that NiCr might be able to be used in Temp control and power modes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread