Cotton bacon.... wasn't expecting that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
Love this stuff. Maybe it's all hype, but I DO notice a difference. Wasn't expecting much when I decided I'd give it a try, but so glad I did. So much easier to work with than Japanese cotton. It may be a bit more expensive, but I get frustrated with wicking and worth it to me to not use stock coils so much on my Toptanks that last only a couple days (sweet ADV juice) and can start using the rba again. I did try rayon, but didn't care for it.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Cotton Bacon V2 is alright, as long as it works for you that's all that matters. Me I love Koh gen Do, I've tried everything from degummed Hemp Fiber to Rayon and always come back to Koh gen Do. Rayon, blech ... for me I don't like the taste, gives me a raspy dry throat and about the absolute worst scrape the tongue vomit inducing taste if you get a burnt hit on the planet.

Don't get sucked in by the "Wicking Religion", keep an open mind, try different wicks (to an reasonable extent) and just use what works for you.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I have tried most of the big name cotton out there... (Koh Gen Do, CB2, Muji, Puffs, Native Wicks, etc.) and Rayon and prefer NW Platinum. Wicks and lasts more like rayon, is easy to work with and doesn't have a long cotton finish like many others do.

I like it better but not by much. I haven't had a cotton or rayon that I couldn't vape after a few initial off-tasting puffs.

Reactions: Bonskibon

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
I have tried most of the big name cotton out there... (Koh Gen Do, CB2, Muji, Puffs, Native Wicks, etc.) and Rayon and prefer NW Platinum. Wicks and lasts more like rayon, is easy to work with and doesn't have a long cotton finish like many others do.

I like it better but not by much. I haven't had a cotton or rayon that I couldn't vape after a few initial off-tasting puffs.

I'm pretty sure Platinum blend is a cotton/rayon blend. I don't have confirmation. But, appearance, feel, labeling, and performance indicate to me that it's a blend of the materials, probably 50/50.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I'm pretty sure Platinum blend is a cotton/rayon blend. I don't have confirmation. But, appearance, feel, labeling, and performance indicate to me that it's a blend of the materials, probably 50/50.
I wouldn't be surprised if you are right. Wish it was labeled correctly if that is the case though.....

Reactions: Verb

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I have been trying all the different types of cotton/rayon. So far I like the cotton bacon the best. Get a weird taste with rayon and some of the others, so I have been saturating the wicks with juice and pulsing so that it puts out some clouds first then I put the tank together.
That it seems to get the bad taste out.

:)

Forkeh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
California
I'm enjoying some Cotton Bacon V2 I just picked up today for the first time. It wicks nicer in my Griffin than pads. I'm not noticing a difference in my RDA though.

Y'all do yourselves a favor and read the warning on the packaging if you haven't yet. I'm still laughing about it.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Cotton Bacon V2 is alright, as long as it works for you that's all that matters. Me I love Koh gen Do, I've tried everything from degummed Hemp Fiber to Rayon and always come back to Koh gen Do. Rayon, blech ... for me I don't like the taste, gives me a raspy dry throat and about the absolute worst scrape the tongue vomit inducing taste if you get a burnt hit on the planet.

Don't get sucked in by the "Wicking Religion", keep an open mind, try different wicks (to an reasonable extent) and just use what works for you.

WOW, I thought I was the only one with the "rayon raspy throat". I liked it, easy to work with and you cant beat the price but I end up feeling like I have strep throat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread