Cotton with ugly colour

Status
Not open for further replies.

SrK

Aug 4, 2015
Hey guys, I have beeng vaping in my Delta II a DIY liquid of (Apricot + mentol) for about 2 weeks. But I have just vaped like 30ml of the e-liquid so the coil should be OK. The liquid is totally transparent, but when I went to change my coil, I saw that the colour of the cotton was very ugly, like a dirty brown colour. With other liquids whose colour is darker it should be right, but I didnt have any dry hit while vaping it and I dont understand why the colour ir like that? Any ideas, or you consider that is a normal thing?
Here is the picture of the coil:
odBu9mR.png

Thanks guys

Reactions: skrymir

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Totally normal. Especially with juices containing sweetner or menthol. My wife vapes pure menthol juice, nothing else added, and I've seen her wicks come out much darker than that. She'll use the same coil and wick until it starts leaching brown gunk back into the tank, turning the liquid a golden color.

Gothicmace59

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2015
Henry County Georgia
I agree with the color changing on the sweeter juices as well....I think it has something to do with the overall heat that is generated by the rda when vaping. I have had the same results using a strawberry blend that us as clear as water in the bottle but after several days of vaping it has caused the wicks to turn a similar color. I also noticed that if I have the wattage turned up to get more flavor ....this effect tends to happen sooner. Also a side note....you can clean those coils off by running some water in your sink...getting your wick free coils glowing and when the are cherry red...hold under the running water....just be careful to hold it sideways as you don't want the water entering your battery. I do thus maybe three times and the coils look brand new.

danjaman

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
bristol, england.
It looks to me like the darker colour on your wick is from the caramelised sugars/sweeteners that are burned onto the coil.
The way to stop that happening is to remove the wick when the coil is starting to look black and fire the coil with no wick inside, until the blackness burns off of the wire.
Then re-wick and you're golden.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

skrymir

Jul 14, 2015
Canada
I vape a lot of menthol juices and haven't had that kind of discolorization... it may be from sweetners in the apricot. I had huge discolorization from 12 monkeys juice when I tried it (worse than what youre seeing) and it has a lot of sweetners in it and is also known as a coil killer

I'd actually be interested that recipe... is it similar to the Champlain juice from Adirondack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread