Covert Mods VW Aluminum Box Mod

Discussion in 'Modding Forum' started by Covert, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Covert

Covert Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hello All , I have recently gotten the bug to start building my own mods. I will be posting pictures of what the units will look like once I receive all the parts and put them together. They with be using the DNA12 chip , 2250mAh 10A 18650 battery, and will have a built in charger in a anodized blue aluminum case. (The first unit is already sold sorry). For now they will be built by order only and the price is $130 which includes the unit,battery and a 1 year warranty on pretty much everything..... within reason.... lol ...... IE ...You drop it in the toilet or run it over your on your own. If you have any interest and would like more info shoot me a DM and I will answer A.S.A.P

Thanks,
    Scott
    Covert Mods

2. tricci

tricci Super Member ECF Veteran

Sounds awesome! I can't wait for pictures. I've been waiting for someone to make a vw aluminum box mod.

3. Covert

Tricci They should be up by next week i'm still waiting for a couple of parts to put em together :D Will also be making a aluminum box mod for the DNA 20 as soon as it is available. Thanks for the interest i'm really hoping this can become a full time job :D

4. tricci

Right on! I've been saving up for a new mod, so I am very interested to see your work. Wow, Pbusardo had an interview with Evolv and the DNA 20 looks amazing. Making a vw metal box mod that's under $150, and includes a battery and a 1 year warranty yeah, I think orders will begin to pour in.

I hate to say it (because orders will def pour in), you should make a mod and send it to Grimmgreen or Pbusardo or the Vapingreek to get some exposure.

5. Covert

That is a awesome idea! I'm going to try my hand at the first one and make sure I have it down . I'll post some pics then try to sell a couple to fund the one to send to Pbusardo. I wish I had the money to fund more than just the first one, but i'm a college student and funds are tight at the moment.

6. Covert

It has come to my attention that I have gone about posting this the wrong way. I now understand there is a process that I need to go through so if anyone would be kind enough to point me in the right direction to rectify this that would be awesome. Sorry that I did not further research this process. Got excited and jumped the gun a bit :blush: Thanks all :)

7. Rocketman

Rocketman Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Register as a vendor

8. Tinaphps

Tinaphps Full Member

That is a great site! I saw the information is very usefule!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Titanium

Titanium Moved On Verified Member

Modded or supplier would fit better.

10. Covert

Already spoke with a Mod and am currently filling out the paperwork to get my ok to sell on here. I have all the parts ordered and have made an ABS plastic mock up of sorts (because I wanted one for myself :p ). Hopefully I ll be up and running within a few weeks :D

11. BradC

BradC Full Member

any pictures yet that you can post up?

12. Experimental Strategies

Experimental Strategies Full Member

Sounds pretty cool, hope you get it off the ground!

13. Covert

Here is my 1st try at a mod. The next one will be aluminum i am just waiting on the case to arrive. I was very impatient to see what the fuss was over the DNA 12 board was all about so I put this one together to hold me over lol.

[​IMG][​IMG]

14. tricci

Dag, first try building a mod...impressive young Skywalker :thumbs: What does the inside of the mod look like?

15. Covert

Tricci it's a bit ugly right now, but here is a pic. The final product will be wayyyyyyy more thought out and refined lol.
    [​IMG]

16. MadmanMacguyver

MadmanMacguyver Ultra Member ECF Veteran

If thats #1 then I'm impressed excellent first build.

17. Covert

Madman Macguyver Thanks :D And yes this is my very 1st mod build. I pretty much did research overkill and have prior experience working with small electronics. And the most important part was having all the tools to do the job (well except a engraver) if you look at where the pot is I slipped with the awl and made a huge L :facepalm:

18. AndAllThingsWillEnd

AndAllThingsWillEnd Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Definitely interested once you get these going...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.