DIY Unregulated 26650 Box Mod Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

krbydrm

May 27, 2013
Pittsburgh PA
I have been searching the past 2 days on as much information as I could about building my own box mod. I was considering purchasing a VOS Dual 26650 mod @ 250 bucks but after reading about many peoples posts on it, it seems that it is way cheaper to build your own. I don't mind paying someone for their hard work but if it only costs 80 bucks in parts and charge that much, I think I would rather build my own (I have wanted to build my own mod for a while now). So I have been searching for as much information that I could but it seems very far and few between for a dual 26650 box mod. Everyone seems to make the dual 18650's with the dna chip in them. I already have a regulated ipv 50 watt mod so I would like my box mod to be my sub ohm build. Aside from the additional safety of having more amp capacity in the 26650's, the longer battery life would be a great bonus too. I do not plan to get too crazy with it. With hardly any information on it, is there something wrong with unregulated dual 26650s?

I haven't purchased anything as of yet and still in the planning stages of everything I need to purchase. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be many videos or written tutorials on the matter so if anyone knows any links, that would be awesome. I have searched on google and youtube all day with little progress. The information I have found thus far is the Hammond website for aluminum cases which would be what I would like to use but am not entirely sure how big I should go for a first time build. I would like to get a voltage meter in it and I hear good things about the fatboy 510 connection. I have read that the battery sleds are hard to find if they even make them which may be my answer of why there is little information on the dual 26650 box mods. Anyways, any information/tips/advice/etc would be greatly appreciated. I am super pumped to start on this project.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
But wouldn't that limit me to 30 watts? That is kind of why I was thinking about doing it as unregulated to go above that.

I edited my post to change the word "optionally" to "optionally", but if that doesn't help,

I mean like you make room for a chip and a screen but you can either phyically bypass or remove the chip whenever you want to, just as you can have a regulated tube mod with a kick tube which you can use either regulated with the kick and kick tube, or unregulated, by simply removing the kick and kick tube.

krbydrm

May 27, 2013
Pittsburgh PA
oh that is actually a really good idea. I don't know exactly how much the hassle would be to have to remove it as I have never messed with it but that sounds like a good idea. Would it even be possible to add a switch that would engage or disengage? Thanks for the idea. Do they sell battery sleds for the 26650 batteries? I haven't been able to find it. You wouldn't happen to know if there is a website with a good tutorial for making the box mods for dual 26650's by chance would you?

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
One way to do an optional chip is to include a space for a regular optional kick module and to work without a kick you just screw down a flat plate or piece of wire to bypass the space where the kick would have been.

I imagine battery sleds for 26650 exist but I only see 18650 on fasttech
1889900-3.jpg

It might actually make sense to design for 3 18650 in parallel instead of 2 26650 based on availability of 18650 stuff.

Heck you're in the modding forum! Should be the right place. Where's tbev? I think he made an aluminum box a couple months ago.

edwinoey

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2014
Anywhere
man! I was with u bro! I mean im still looking for affordable dual 26650 unregulated mods. Im still wondering whether to get regulated dual 26650 parallel, but its seems that most of the box mod maker is making unregulated box mods. beside, I still doesn't have mech mods yet :p im using evic S right now with magma. i was thinking to buy dual 26650 box mods that have MOSFET, volt meter and doesn't cost more than $100 :S

well, if anyone out there have any ideas where to look these dual 26650 box mods, please PM me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread