Credit Card Theft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry ∇ George

Mar 12, 2010
Georgia
I don't use a particular debit account except for on-line purchases. I only used the account to buy e-cig hardware and e-juice.

I had fradulent orders originating for Spain for software last month and electronic equipment this month, in which Visa contacted me to alert me, since it was obvious I didn't have funds in the account for the purchases. And I've never been to Spain.

It is highly likely that one of the vendors listed don't have a secure merchant system. Be careful.

Liquid xPress
Juicy Liquid
Vapor 4 Life
Tasty Vapor
East Mall (through PayPal)
Liberty Flights (through PayPal)

Last edited:

Wench

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Pensacola, Fl.
I had 2 separate cards have problems as well. Looking through the other thread of people with the same issue,I looked at who they bought from( past post's in supplier forums) knowing where I bought from and comparing with some of those people I've managed to figure out 2 common suppliers to everyone having issue's.
I won't say who because it's just speculation on my part . I'm guessing their website/payment system might have been compromised.

Other thread here..http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/74600-credit-card-fraud-tlg-comphme.html

Last edited:

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
I have had to cancel 2 cards in the last 6 weeks! I only use one specific for online purchases.
2 back to back charges on one card for a company called Valve Software (gaming) at 19.99 each. Noticeable to my pocketbook. Disputed, refunded and closed the account.
Moved on to the next card for online purchases and the Card Company calls me about a damn 3 dollar and change purchase. No-not me, close it down and dang. Gotta start again. I see a pattern here.
Always check your card balance each day.

chrisl317

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2009
Warren, MI USA
I've been a victim of identity theft twice. Cancel your cards and get the bank to re-issue them.
I've got a 2" stack of papers relating to my adventure proving I didn't run up charges and loans I was accused of. Even if you think that a vendor might have been compromised, don't use them again. Proving you're innocent is a ....* to the credit card companies and the bank!

Wench

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Pensacola, Fl.
I have had to cancel 2 cards in the last 6 weeks! I only use one specific for online purchases.
2 back to back charges on one card for a company called Valve Software (gaming) at 19.99 each. Noticeable to my pocketbook. Disputed, refunded and closed the account.
Moved on to the next card for online purchases and the Card Company calls me about a damn 3 dollar and change purchase. No-not me, close it down and dang. Gotta start again. I see a pattern here.
Always check your card balance each day.

My 1 card got a $109 charge from something called Mobileme , canceled card ugh..
Next was a small amount on another card for 63 cent's. Lucky I caught while it was pending and canceled before they could do worse damage.
I went to walmart and got one of those prepay money card's. It's $3.00 a month but much less riskier. I load what I plan to use soon and if there is a issue, they won't be getting anything off a almost empty card lol
I check all my account's a few times a day now, It made me paranoid. :mad:

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
It is possible and maybe even probable that your computer has been infected with spyware, rather than a particular vendor site having a security issue.

It is very probable that this is indeed the case.

And since this is not a review of a supplier, I am closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread