Crown 3 By Uwell - Does it Suck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mj79

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
mn
Do you happen to have a lot of juice laying on the top when you take the top off? I will fill it and vape, take top off to add more juice and it's covered with liquid. Doesn't seem normal, and yes, also get spit back no matter what wattage.

Side note: TODAY, on a broken in coil the juice poured directly out the air holes. This REALLY ticked me off because it was fine one minute and wasted an entire tank of premium juice the next.

But back to ton of juice laying on the top...does yours?

Yea. Same here... :(

Other than the looks , this tank was a waste of $45.... If I got it online for almost 1/2 that , I wouldn't have cared much, but I picked it up locally, as I like to help out some shops around town as well..

As I mentioned earlier. It's now a backup tank that I primarily use for juice I don't like, as it takes alot of the flavor away , and makes them vape-able. :)

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
Yeah, never really have much condensation on the bottom, if that's what you mean. I just wonder if the juice lying in the top is the reason I always get juice on inhale no matter now hard or soft i drag. I changed the coil today and all seems fine. This is only time i cringe..time to order my monthly coils..never thought twice about dropping 60 on a carton of cigs tho..weird how your mind messes with you. I get 10 for bb, 10 for Cleito and 5, melo, and now 5 crown. Hard finding stores with crown 3..my usual didn't have so looking for cheapest, that has all three, long boring day online..lol

The juice on top isn't the reason for the spit back. I always have juice on top and I never bother to wipe it clean. I'm not really sure why you're getting spit back since it never happens to me. The one thing I wonder about is if your juice is too think. What is the % of VG of your juice?

Lacit1707

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
CT
Mine is still doing well. Getting good flavor, no spitting, and not getting hot. Have 6 weeks on my coil so far and it's still going strong. :thumb:

6 weeks? lol, wtf...i hear periodically of people going insanely long on a coil but i just dont get it lol...i call shenanigans

Yeah, never really have much condensation on the bottom, if that's what you mean. I just wonder if the juice lying in the top is the reason I always get juice on inhale no matter now hard or soft i drag. I changed the coil today and all seems fine. This is only time i cringe..time to order my monthly coils..never thought twice about dropping 60 on a carton of cigs tho..weird how your mind messes with you. I get 10 for bb, 10 for Cleito and 5, melo, and now 5 crown. Hard finding stores with crown 3..my usual didn't have so looking for cheapest, that has all three, long boring day online..lol

let me/us know if you find the crown 3 coils for sale....none of the sites i order from have them yet....

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
6 weeks? lol, ......i hear periodically of people going insanely long on a coil but i just dont get it lol...i call shenanigans
See I'm the opposite, I hear of people only getting a week or less out of a coil and I can't figure what they are doing. I use the original crown tank and coils but I've never got less than a 6 weeks out of a coil. I usually get 2 months or more per coil.

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
6 weeks? lol, ......i hear periodically of people going insanely long on a coil but i just dont get it lol...i call shenanigans

I usually get 3 months out of Uwell coils. I don't use juices with artificial sweeteners and I add a few drops of vodka to every tank.

Reactions: madstabber

MaxximusRevelation

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2016
need to measure coil life in terms of ml x flavoring sugars/gunk.

Exactly. Someone saying it lasts for months and months doesn't really mean anything, they could be vaping only 1ML a day for all we know.

Regardless of how unsweetened, light colored, or low VG you have, if you are vaping 6-15ml a day and claiming it lasts for 3 months, than your coils are blacker than my ex's soul by the time you swap them. Wire is wire and cotton is cotton. There is no organic cotton I am aware of that can be constantly vaped on for 3 months and have no effects at all to the condition of the cotton. I do not see how it can be done. Of course I could be 100% wrong I am just stating my opinion.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Exactly. Someone saying it lasts for months and months doesn't really mean anything, they could be vaping only 1ML a day for all we know.

Regardless of how unsweetened, light colored, or low VG you have, if you are vaping 6-15ml a day and claiming it lasts for 3 months, than your coils are blacker than my ex's soul by the time you swap them. Wire is wire and cotton is cotton. There is no organic cotton I am aware of that can be constantly vaped on for 3 months and have no effects at all to the condition of the cotton. I do not see how it can be done. Of course I could be 100% wrong I am just stating my opinion.
I vape about 4-6 ml's a day and after a few months they are black but there isn't any problems with taste or performance. After a few months they start to lose performance due to the gunk and I change them.

Reactions: Hyperspace

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan

I vape about 5ml a day. The cotton stays clean and at the end of 3 months the coil has some buildup that restricts airflow. Sometimes I clean off the buildup with a q-tip and keep using it or just pop in a new coil.

Lacit1707

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
CT
See I'm the opposite, I hear of people only getting a week or less out of a coil and I can't figure what they are doing. I use the original crown tank and coils but I've never got less than a 6 weeks out of a coil. I usually get 2 months or more per coil.

what juice do you use? i put all types of crap in mine but still.... months seems unrealistic

Reactions: Mowgli

T0mmy1977

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 1, 2015
    I just received the Crown 3 and am enjoying it. Why are the 0.25 Ohm coils only rated 80-90 watts? On the version 1 they were rated 90-120 watts.

Predator_Crown3_01.JPG

Reactions: Hyperspace

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 26, 2016
    I just received the Crown 3 and am enjoying it. Why are the 0.25 Ohm coils only rated 80-90 watts? On the version 1 they were rated 90-120 watts.

View attachment 666941
    Just got one yesterday myself. Trying to figure out these coils too. There are confusing reviews on these. Some say underrated not sure. Trying to figure out the sweet spot. Not sure if I have the right kind of juice for this tank. Tried a couple of juices. Lemonade and also Blue Slushy not sure if like the juice at this tank. (New juice so I don't have prior experience with them) How are you liking the coils?

Reactions: T0mmy1977

bab123

Apr 14, 2017
    I´ve got problems with the new Crown III. Tastes not as good as it should be. Dont know what im doing wrong but tryed different coils and different flavours. And its always the same: Tastes like im vaping base with too little aroma. If i vape the liquids in a TFV8 it tastes more "intensive". Tryed the Wattage from 35 to 100...Anyone here with the same problems ?
    i had kinda the same experience with the crown v2. i think im just gonna stick with the tfv serie just got my self a tfv8 becourse i love the tfv12

T0mmy1977

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 1, 2015
    Just got one yesterday myself. Trying to figure out these coils too. There are confusing reviews on these. Some say underrated not sure. Trying to figure out the sweet spot. Not sure if I have the right kind of juice for this tank. Tried a couple of juices. Lemonade and also Blue Slushy not sure if like the juice at this tank. (New juice so I don't have prior experience with them) How are you liking the coils?
    The flavor is fine. I worked my way up to 90 watts. I may go further in watts at some point. Mike Vapes said the .25 coils seemed to be under rated. Time will tell if I love this tank or not.

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 26, 2016
    The flavor is fine. I worked my way up to 90 watts. I may go further in watts at some point. Mike Vapes said the .25 coils seemed to be under rated. Time will tell if I love this tank or not.

I went and bought some different juice. It's much better now. Still have to play around with more. I'm sure the coil can go that higher but for how long? I'll probably try it out but not on the first round of coils. I want to see how long they will last under normal circumstances.
    Have you tried TC on these with it on the Predator? ( I have the same set up as your pic but all black)
    I normally don't use it but with the SS coils might give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iVape524

Verified Member
    Jan 26, 2017
    One weird difference I’ve noticed between this tank and my tfv8 is that at similar wattage settings the tfv8 gives me better nicotine delivery than the crown 3. Both with the same juice and set to 95 Watts he 0.15 ohm q4 coil in the beast beats out the 0.25 ohm coil in the crown 3. Very weird to me. Maybe it’s the drip tip as the clouds are slightly bigger with the tfv8

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread