Crown 3 By Uwell - Does it Suck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eezel4801

Sep 21, 2015
I really want to get a Crown 3 but I don't know if I can vape at 80w! I'm used to 50-65 watts at best. Would this tank still be OK for a vaper like me?
Just got the Crown 3 .I have the 1 and 2. Buy something else...the Crown 3 is the WORST tank I own and I own alot of tanks rdas rdtas rbas..The Crown 3 leaks like a sieve and the flooding is even worse if anything could be worse than bathing your mod in premium juice. The little bit of juice that didnt leak..and the amount i absorbed from the center of the coil was just ridiculous. After the juice was absorbed and the leak cleaned up the little bit of juice left in the tank tasted great.But definately not worth the aggravation and waste of time and money!!

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
The Crown 3 has really impressed me. This is the best version to date. The coils are amazing. I have 4 months on my first coil and it's still going strong. That's a month longer than I got out of Crown 1 and 2 coils. After getting lots of complains about their old coils Uwell must have did everything they could to design the best coil they could for the Crown 3. :thumbs:

Reactions: drewburton48

eezel4801

Sep 21, 2015
Just got the Crown 3 .I have the 1 and 2. Buy something else...the Crown 3 is the WORST tank I own and I own alot of tanks rdas rdtas rbas..The Crown 3 leaks like a sieve and the flooding is even worse if anything could be worse than bathing your mod in premium juice. The little bit of juice that didnt leak..and the amount i absorbed from the center of the coil was just ridiculous. After the juice was absorbed and the leak cleaned up the little bit of juice left in the tank tasted great.But definately not worth the aggravation and waste of time and money!!
After writing this post I took the Crown 3 apart checked all o rings etc...put it back together refilled it. Not a drop of liquid leaked out or flooded..Im on my 5th or 6th tank since then vaping at 60 watts and the flavor is extremely good using the .5 coil. Totally take back my 1st post..If this tank keeps working the way it is now.....I love it. Wont know until I have to change the coil. The leaking issue was most likely user error I hope. Lol

Jg38105

Aug 7, 2017
I've been vaping for about 3 years and I am on my 5th tank. My previous tank was the clieto aspire and only used it for about 4 months. I bought the crown 3 about a month ago and it has by far had the best flavor. I'm using the .5 coil in it and running about 65watt on a kaos spectrum. The coil is pop in pop out and extremely easy to change. The top fill is best if you dont use the eye dropper bottles of juice. The only negatives that I have found is that it can be a little difficult to fully disassemble to clean and it does oversaturate when you open the top cap. Other than that it has been great.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
After reading about half the comments here i'm wondering if i should get the uwell 3 as my third tank xD
Basically hesitated in a vape shop between it and the Big baby i have (i ended up with the big baby), not even a month in i'm already tired of it lolz has barely any flavors coils don't seem to last long,i've got the rba section for it so might use it but meh not for now. My issue is the fact my mod goes up to only 75 watts (aspire evo75 or nx75)
Is it good at that range ? i'm more of a flavor guy than cloud chaser and like coils ranging from .4 to .6 (anything under i feel dosen't have much flavor to it at all),also does the uwell drink more than other tanks of the same range like my baby beast ? Can't lie i've been using way too much e liquids on my smok (over 100 ml in about 2 weeks lol)

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I picked up a Crown 3 today and so far I am very impressed.

I fried the installed 0.25ohm coil immediately (hit fire by accident before filling) so no feedback on that particular coil :-x, but I really like the CIII 0.5ohm coil at 60-70w. I think the 0.5 will be a bit lighter on juice than the various TVF8 coils (mostly in the 0.15 range) that I have been running for almost a year in my CB, BBB and BB tanks.

The lack of a RBA bugs me but apparently the CIII coils last potentially 1-2 months so at a couple bucks each, I have no problem using factory coils.

No leaking or any issues so far but it's only been a day.

I ordered a bunch of 0.5ohm authentic coils from FT today as well as a pack of clone coils (worth a try for five bucks)

In any case, the CIII seems to be a solid tank and much better than the Crown 2 IMO. I also still use my original Crowns as I am one of the few that likes the RBA....

bassbubble

Oct 10, 2017
I'm new here but I have to chime in on this tank. Been vaping for a little over a month now. I started off with an aspire rover and an Atlantis v2 tank (.5 @ 30 watts). I later purchased a smok alien kit with the baby beast tank (.4 @ 60 watts). I love both tanks. The atlantis isn't as warm as the baby beast but I can chain vape the crap out it with out massive battery drain and going through a ton of juice. The flavor and vape production is pretty good but not as good as the BB.

Being that I am enjoying the vaping so much I thought I would try another tank so I purchased the crown 3. Within the first day the coil was getting flooded. I was using the .25 at 82 watts. I primed the coil properly and slowly ramped up the wattage from 50 to 82 when I first got it. It is rated 80-90. I finally got the gurgle to stop. I think it was getting flooded when I added juice. So 2 days later the gurgle is back no matter what I do. The other thing is that the coil is also toast. I am very disappointed as all the reviews I have seen give it high praise and all say the coils last forever. I know I am new to this but I have had zero problems with the BB and Atlantis 2. I have only needed to change the coils once so far in those tanks. I probably didn't need to but I wanted to try some new flavors out and thought it was best to do so.

Honestly the Crown 3 feels kinda cheap compared to the other 2 tanks. I am hoping that I am having problems due to a bad coil. I understand it happens. I just installed the other .5 coil that came with the Crown and I am hoping to get better results. OK I am done ranting.

GemInEye

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2015
Somewhere In PA
I've been thinking about the crown 3 because I love the original crown. I did not like the crown 2 at all. I started out using the crown 1.2 coils and they were just too inconsistent. So i use the rba built 1.3 ohms. That being said i see alot of comparison to the baby beast vs crown 3 is it really comparable or is it just that the Tvf8 ect is what everyone is using right now? I got rid of my Tvf because it was so hot and drank alot of juice. Tootle puffer here! I would love for this to just be a bigger version of the original. I really need a 24.5mm tank to go on my hotcig. Right now I have a limitless on it and it's just not for me but it does look fly!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

jpasint

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Coconut Creek, Florida
I'm new here but I have to chime in on this tank. Been vaping for a little over a month now. I started off with an aspire rover and an Atlantis v2 tank (.5 @ 30 watts). I later purchased a smok alien kit with the baby beast tank (.4 @ 60 watts). I love both tanks. The atlantis isn't as warm as the baby beast but I can chain vape the crap out it with out massive battery drain and going through a ton of juice. The flavor and vape production is pretty good but not as good as the BB.

Being that I am enjoying the vaping so much I thought I would try another tank so I purchased the crown 3. Within the first day the coil was getting flooded. I was using the .25 at 82 watts. I primed the coil properly and slowly ramped up the wattage from 50 to 82 when I first got it. It is rated 80-90. I finally got the gurgle to stop. I think it was getting flooded when I added juice. So 2 days later the gurgle is back no matter what I do. The other thing is that the coil is also toast. I am very disappointed as all the reviews I have seen give it high praise and all say the coils last forever. I know I am new to this but I have had zero problems with the BB and Atlantis 2. I have only needed to change the coils once so far in those tanks. I probably didn't need to but I wanted to try some new flavors out and thought it was best to do so.

Honestly the Crown 3 feels kinda cheap compared to the other 2 tanks. I am hoping that I am having problems due to a bad coil. I understand it happens. I just installed the other .5 coil that came with the Crown and I am hoping to get better results. OK I am done ranting.
Are you using VG or ejuice to seal ALL of the orings when you assemble the tank? That should include the coil orings too.

I sometimes get gurgling after filling the tank but it disappears after 4 or 5 draws.

Is your ejuice really thin?

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I've been thinking about the crown 3 because I love the original crown. I did not like the crown 2 at all. I started out using the crown 1.2 coils and they were just too inconsistent. So i use the rba built 1.3 ohms. That being said i see alot of comparison to the baby beast vs crown 3 is it really comparable or is it just that the Tvf8 ect is what everyone is using right now? I got rid of my Tvf because it was so hot and drank alot of juice. Tootle puffer here! I would love for this to just be a bigger version of the original. I really need a 24.5mm tank to go on my hotcig. Right now I have a limitless on it and it's just not for me but it does look fly!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I like the original Crown, Hate the Crown 2 and love the Crown 3.

I use a BIG Baby Beast and a Crown 3 interchangeably. Both generally have 0.5ohm coils and I run the BBB at 50w and the Crown 3 at 60w. (Higher if I use different coils like the V8 from Smok or the 0.4ohm Crown). Very similar except the Crown drinks juice like crazy. Noticeably more than the BBB.

I love both and I own a few of each. Use one of them 95% of the time.

P.s. I don’t think either would be the best choice for 1ohm+ vaping. You could use the RBA in a BB or BBB I guess, but I wouldn’t expect it to be that good. YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread