curious about flavor percentage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I'll check those out. I mainly started with fa cause I'm newer to mixing and it's a popular brand. I'll go for anything that it's good and works well though... cheap is nice too lol.. Off course mixing your own stuff is pretty cheap anyway.. or it will be once I stop contributing to my suicide juice trash mix.. :/

williebb123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2010
Mount Shasta California
If you ever want to try a different brand besides FA you might like the alcohol based super concentrated tobacco flavorings sold at ecigexpress under tobacco express or at Vaping Zone under super concentrated. Easy low percentages faster steep too.

i just got several fruit flavor super concentrates and i used them at 2.5%-5% and the flavor on the front end taste great but that alcohol/chem taste on the back end is horrible they have steeped for 3 days and have gotten only slightly better i shake them every day and leave the caps off is there something else i can do . they are simple flavs 1 is watermelon , blackberry, cherry, and i have a razz blueberry mix

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
Do you think bitter wizard accomplishes the same as vinegar? Cause it seems like vinegar really tones down the sweetness.. although I imagine if you really tried to go all in and get rid of too much sweet that way you'd end up with a vinegar vape...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I use bitter wizard to cut sweetness.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
i just got several fruit flavor super concentrates and i used them at 2.5%-5% and the flavor on the front end taste great but that alcohol/chem taste on the back end is horrible they have steeped for 3 days and have gotten only slightly better i shake them every day and leave the caps off is there something else i can do . they are simple flavs 1 is watermelon , blackberry, cherry, and i have a razz blueberry mix

I add a couple drops of koolada to fruit. Not enought to be menthol but gives a cool exhale. I also use a drop or two of AAA magic mask. Or you could use something like smooth. Here's a description

Smooth Flavor PG Concentrate (TFA)

Skillyb

Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Baltimore, MD
I think the reason why they say start at 1 or 2 percent is that some flavors are really intense and you don't want to over-flavor. For example, I think that for some reason cherry flavors tend to be like that. That said, it wouldn't be uncommon for some of your flavors to end up in the 10-20 percent range. I just started DIY, but the three recipes I'm using right now are at ~8%, 10%, and 12% depending. The 12 percent one is a blueberry RY4 that has a lot of flavors fighting each other! :D

Yeah.. air on side of caution..lol. I would agree as of recently that a complex recipe is going to go up higher in the percentages just to get the right notes to the surface. I also found that with just using a single flavor you can go with less.. I'm testing that for certain right now.. steeping a fa 7 leaf ultimate base in its recommended minimum at 1.5% in a mostly cut vg base only pg is in my nic and it's only at 20%. I know flavor doesn't cut through vg quite as strong.. so I'm really curious what this will yield after steeping.

Decided to do what I should have started with.. trying all my tobacco flavors out by themselves at 5%. Been steeping a few days now. This way I will know for sure what my primary flavors are like in their own and from the previous experiment, I feel like 5% is a good starting point. I'll know the taste and if it's too much or too little.. I feel I may have messed up by adding a drop of mts to each batch, was kind of an afterthought, but I like what it does enough to where it will more than likely be in most if not all my mixes.. that Wil be my justification for now.. hopefully it won't impact the tobacco flavors so much to render this test pointless

Menthol does do a good job providing feeling, I just am not a fan of the cooling sensation, I'm looking more for a thick warm sensation. When I was smoking cigarettes I would get a pack of menthol once or twice a year to change it up a bit or if I had a cold it felt nice opening the airway, but even then it would lay me forever or I'd give the rest to somebody else. I was hoping the capsicum heat would provide more warmth than it does. Was thinking it would be like opposite of menthol. I've gone as far to remove the extra liquid barrier in my tank just so the vapor wouldn't have one more thing slowing it and get to my mouth warmer.. themed out the hole on the end cap to make it bigger.. it helped a little, but since I started using stainless steel wicks I get a lot of leaking, so I put the extra barrier back in. Not cause I mind liquid in my mouth, more cause it was leaking into my charger pack, right at the end where it has this mechanism that pops the ecig up when you press a button, so I didn't want it getting all sticky... man... no wonder this forum is loaded with sh#t. There are just so many things to learn and discuss when it comes to ecigs. I'm enjoying the processes though. Nice distraction from the every day humdrum.

I just now noticed overdoing the ethyl maltol.. which essentially turns your liquid into that flavor of cotton candy actually isn't bad.. it really gives a fair amount of body to the exhale. Can counter the extra sweetness with a little bitter wizard and a drop extra vinegar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread