• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Daily Word: Week 83

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
Matthew 18:3 (KJV)
And said, "Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven."

And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us. And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.
– 1 John 5:14-15

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
Proverbs 18:2 (KJV)
A fool hath no delight in understanding, but that his heart may discover itself.

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
– Galatians 6:7-8

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
Revelation 20:12 (KJV)
And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
– 2 Timothy 1:12

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
1 Corinthians 15:58 (KJV)
Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
– Hebrews 12:1-2

Reactions: Saintscruiser

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
1 Peter 4:6 (KJV)
For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.
– 1 John 4:16

VapinBill

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Michigan
Luke 3:16 (KJV)
John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire.

Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.
– Romans 15:13

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire.

Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.
    Here is the same verses - Luke 3: 15-16: closer to the spoken language of that period.

15. But as the people had set their hope on John, "Might he not be the Anointed One?"*
    16. There replied John and said, "Behold, I baptize you with water, but there shall follow me one who is Supreme over me, whom I am not fit to untie his shoe laces. He shall Baptize you by the Holy Spirit and Light*.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi

I wish to add one thing. When God, Bless His Holy Name, when Scriptures use the word 'hope,' it means you can bank on it! It's a done deal. When I first read Romans 15:13 years ago, it did confuse me. We hope??????? I researched it until it made sense! :p

Reactions: VapinBill
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread