Status
Not open for further replies.

smonomo

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
USA, Northeast.
Try goodprophets.com...he carries a different brand other than dekang that is very consistent. He's also a supplier, give him a shot...
8-o Looks like he's also trying to unload a bad batch, those are the exact same 10ml Dekang bottles as I have.

Any idea what the limited flavor brand is? If you say it's good and flavorful, cuts well, and has a good throat hit, I'll might give it a shot.

smonomo

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
USA, Northeast.
Never had a problem with Dekang juices... last order came in yesterday from China, all were fine. I have opened bottles since may and they still taste fine.

You know there is always a possibility with the new child proof bottle caps that the vendor can slip other juices in the bottles...

I'd say change the vendor but don't dismiss the biggest manufacturer!
Good point caesar. The bottles I have are unsealed child proof, and I reckon the juice has been cut from 26mg down to 3mg with #2 heating oil..

So who's got the good Dekang in the USA?

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
I meant one shop can get their DK from different suppliers.

yeah! the old (good) bottles had a picture of little chocolates in a circle frame with a "PRD" date and an "EXP" date (my good lot was prd:02/07/2009, exp: 01/07/2011)

the new bad stuff has either a) a picture of chocolates in a square frame with rounded corners, or b) a picture of red wine in the square frame with round corners- no lot on either of the bad bottles.
also, the bad stuff has the strength and flavor on clear stickers stuck on the labels.

The old good stuff has the flavor/mg printed right on the label.
I feel your pain. Well I would assume what are you are getting is an adulterated product. For me the real, untouched Dekang juices will have no stickers and always have the 2 dates on them. The strength is listed under the round picture, and if you are into Dekang RY4 the bottle should read Ruyan4#.

The 'good stuff' you refer to should the real deal and was available in October. It is not 'old stuff'' as you can see by these dates.

MVELIQ302.jpg

MVELIQ107.jpg

The juice I've gotten from HeavensGifts in China has always been like this. I've bought stickered Dekangish juices, like you describe, from American suppliers and have been disappointed.

That said I hope things haven't changed since September, which is the latest bottles I have, as HealthCabin's pictures show square pics, no dates and different names (USA Mix instead of Marl and RY4 instead of Ruyan4#).

30ml%20Ejuice.jpg

You got me worried now. Will have to check with HeavensGifts.

steamgeek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2009
Mo
wow thought it was me.... i bought TW liquid nice not bad at all a little pricey
then health cabin ewww yuck i think they put red dye in the vanilla and im alergic to red 40 it made me sick.
cappuccino tastes awful
y4 is ok but sooo weak even the usa mix and flue cures are pale by
tw coffee standard ...
think ill mix or go with us /uk stuff from now on

Birdy

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Houston
I feel your pain. Well I would assume what are you are getting is an adulterated product. For me the real, untouched Dekang juices will have no stickers and always have the 2 dates on them. The strength is listed under the round picture, and if you are into Dekang RY4 the bottle should read Ruyan4#.

The 'good stuff' you refer to should the real deal and was available in October. It is not 'old stuff'' as you can see by these dates.

The juice I've gotten from HeavensGifts in China has always been like this. I've bought stickered Dekangish juices, like you describe, from American suppliers and have been disappointed.

Now that's interesting.

But I don't think its a matter of "real" vs. dekangish. On the official Dekang site their bottles have the labels that I associate with bad, old stuff (square frame labels):

Changning Dekang Biotechnology Co., Ltd

The bottles I've seen on the Boge site (when it works) have the round labels. Here's their Alibaba page:

Shenzhen Boge Technology Co., Ltd. - Electronic cigarette, atomized cartridges, Mini Electronic Cigarette

Same company, different divisions.
My current theory at this point is that there are different divisions/plants at Boge/Dekang. One of them produces (what I consider) lower quality eliquids that are exported to and sold in the US. The other makes the stuff we like... and the stuff you get when you order directly from China. hmmm.

I could be way off base.

I use Ecopure or mix my own now so I don't really think about it much anymore :)

BobW

ECF Veteran
May 18, 2009
North Carolina
WillyB: I got my stuff from Heaven Gifts and my Ruyan#4 is like your bottom picture. Labeled RY 4 with stickers for dates and ry 4 and xhigh. Square picture of tobacco plants.
prd-20/07/2009. Ok taste but weak.

Dunhill-Round picture. info printed on label prd=1/9/2009,Ok taste but weak.

Coca Cola= Square picture, Stickers, nasty taste, prd=20/07/2009.

Vanilla- Round picture, info on label, prd=08/08/2009, Not very good taste,chemical like.

Cigar-round picture, info on label, prd07/07/2009, very good flavor.

caramel-round picture, info on label prd=08/08/2009, this is pina colada flavor not caramel.

Red Bull-Square picture, stickers, prd=20/07/2009, Never had red bull so I guess it taste right. But still has that strong perfume or chemical taste with the fruit flavor

Djarum Clove- Square picture, stickers, prd 20/07/2009. Clove flavor but nasty. Again chemical taste mixed in with clove flavor.
All flavors from Heaven Gifts.
Hope this info helps.

Wench

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Pensacola, Fl.
I've been wondering wtf was up lately with the dekang stuff. I've got the new bad label with the contents labeled on stickers and stuck on and no production and exp dates like they used to have. ( probably explains why the stuff in one of the bottles isn't what it was supposed to be.1 bottle was correct , other wasn't and it was obvious)

Valkerie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2009
Lincoln Park, NJ
I actually trust that my vendor is selling what he's receiving from the manufacturer in China.

It's been mentioned before that Dekang batches seem to all be different. Their latest formulations for candy, chocolate and cola flavors seem to be really off.

In the meantime, I have about 60ml of unvapable juice.

I may have to go to Capella flavoring and unflavored juice, to get back to the taste I enjoyed 3 months ago.

I bought a bottle of Dekang chocolate from classifieds with the same batch dates as the bottle I enjoyed. Time to see if its me or the juice.

Wench

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Pensacola, Fl.
I seriously doubt it's the sellers myself.
This screams of poor QC over at the manufacturer. I think my bad bottles I got were stickered wrong. It was 26mg+ of tobacco flavor ( or winston, both taste the same to me)instead of the 11mg DK-Tab that was stickered on the bottle. The other bottle was marked the same and it was correct.

I think they are just messing this stuff up ( putting stickers on seems like really easy to goof up since not having to keep up with lot # exp and Prod dates on the labels)
And we really have no idea how many factories there are for this stuff.

Andtyler2

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2009
Chicago, IL
I try to avoid Dekang if I can.

I've ordered a number of the same flavored flue cured tobacco, and it's always tasted different. The last batch was just foul. I ended up throwing away about 40ml's of juice.

Someone had informed me that some vendors were unloading bad batches of Dekang to make room for the "fixed" batches.

Yeah. I've been wondering about that. Some of the DK I've purchased has come in the usual DK bottles and some of it has come in 'no name' bottles with just a flavor sticker on it. I worry sometimes that suppliers will be tempted to mess with their juice stock--particularly if they've made a bulk purchase of what turns out to be bad juice.

If that's the case--and I suspect it happens more often than we'd care to admit--I offer this plea to suppliers: Don't do it, folks. Though you'll be tempted to believe you've dodged a bullet and escaped financial loss, eventually, it will come back to haunt you. Word travels fast--- around here and in more private circles. If you sell a lousy product and/or provide lousy service, you'll be getting fewer customers at your door. There is a lot of competition out there. Everyone and his uncle jesus is thinking they can hook into this new 'industry'. So do the right thing. Know your source BEFORE you let go of a lot of cash. Expect high quality products and, if you don't get them, put the heat where it belongs--on the folks who saddled you with the bad inventory. Don't fudge and pass your bad luck onto the consumer. Because if you don't keep things above board, you won't stay in business for long . . .

Valkerie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2009
Lincoln Park, NJ
Yeah. I've been wondering about that. Some of the DK I've purchased has come in the usual DK bottles and some of it has come in 'no name' bottles with just a flavor sticker on it. I worry sometimes that suppliers will be tempted to mess with their juice stock--particularly if they've made a bulk purchase of what turns out to be bad juice.

If that's the case--and I suspect it happens more often than we'd care to admit--I offer this plea to suppliers: Don't do it, folks. Though you'll be tempted to believe you've dodged a bullet and escaped financial loss, eventually, it will come back to haunt you. Word travels fast--- around here and in more private circles. If you sell a lousy product and/or provide lousy service, you'll be getting fewer customers at your door. There is a lot of competition out there. Everyone and his uncle jesus is thinking they can hook into this new 'industry'. So do the right thing. Know your source BEFORE you let go of a lot of cash. Expect high quality products and, if you don't get them, put the heat where it belongs--on the folks who saddled you with the bad inventory. Don't fudge and pass your bad luck onto the consumer. Because if you don't keep things above board, you won't stay in business for long . . .

I trust my vendors' integrity. Dekang is just inconsistent. Posts on this go back a while. And the "no name" bottling seems to be Dekang's new standard.

I also got a bottle of the old batch of Dekang chocolate in today from a classifieds purchase. While it's better than whats being sold now, it's not as tasty as I remember. So the taste buds are also changing.

I have bottles (stored correctly) of camel and cigar, that I don't like anymore. And those used to be standards.

Would a few veterans chime in and let us know what they think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread