Difference between 1.8 and 2.25 batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    I don't know of a "1.8 battery" the coils do come in 1.8 and 2.2 ohms etc.
    They do change the optimum battery voltage.
    For long burn-free hits I recommend (Kanger coils, original silica wicks):
    1.8 ohm 3.4 volts max., about 5 watts
    2.2 ohm 3.6 volts, 5.2 watts
    2.5 ohm 3.6 volts, 5 watts

The 2.2 has one more coil wrap than the 1.8 and thicker wire than 2.5 ohm, so can handle a tad more power.
    Increased airflow tanks using these coils can go higher.
    Generic coil units often handle even less power, for example 3.4 volts at 2.5 ohms for no longer than 3 seconds.

JC Okie

REOnaut
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Tulsa, OK
    Sorry I meant coils not batteries. Thanks for the reply but still don't understand which to buy. What is the actual experience difference. Volts and watts mean nothing to me. Sorry
    The difference in "experience" will be that the 1.8 ohm coils will give a little warmer vape than the 2.25 ones if they're used on the same mod at the same power.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    I prefer the 2.2 ohm coil units for the EVOD (original) because they are within the adjustment range of more battery units. If the battery is adjustable at all. The challenge with the EVOD is to not burn the juice and wick with excess power. More power can be good for a moment, but degrades rapidly.

If you're trying to buy a battery instead, turn that around. The minimum is a controlled voltage battery such as the Kanger 3.7 volt fixed setting batteries. There are also variable voltage batteries such the Spinner types with a little dial on the bottom (keep it low), also cheapies that select a few settings with pressing the button that can work well enough (actually they seem EVOD-specific). Finally there are larger batteries with variable voltage and power too, usually boxlike looking, which can work with that tank if dialed real low (also might also require a thread adapter).

The capacity rating of the battery (in maH) says how long it will last/how big it is. Big is good but also bad and a little 650 maH battery can last fairly long with those tanks. They won't give a weaker hit since almost no other tank requires less power (the tiny 350 maH batteries are kind of pitiful though).

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread