Disappointed with CE2 Flüxomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaoticbear

Sep 20, 2011
Central AR
I'm normally not opposed to being fiddly with things, but these are just eluding me. I have now gone through 4 of these, and have had every problem from juice leaking out the battery end (air pressure), burnt taste, and once I finally got the wicking working correctly (70/30 PG/VG), the flavor just tastes like hot vapor, even with the strongest flavor I have laying around.

I really wanted to love this form factor, because using a small tank rather than polyfill appeals to me, but this just didn't do it.

This does mean I get to go shopping for more gear though! :D

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
..... the flavor just tastes like hot vapor, even with the strongest flavor I have laying around.....

That shouldn't be. The biggest reason I put up with the fiddle factor of the ce2s is because it's as close to dripping as I can get in a carto. I use the 2.4 - 2.6 ohm ones with ego and e-power. My routine is: new pack = pull all plugs, screw all on battery and fire until I see coil heat (~ 4 seconds), clean all (I use H2O2), set aside to dry.

Putting one into service: tilt and drip down the side of ceramic, put in top plug and push down against top of ceramic. Put on mouth piece and vape. If laid on their side for a while, they'll leak, but they can be flipped upside down and back up, which is something I have to do because I like to pick up my pv, take 3 or 4 rapid puffs, and put it down for a few. The ce2s won't keep up with that, even at 80/20. I use the button to control the heat by releasing it before I finish my draw.

This does mean I get to go shopping for more gear though! :laugh:

Because I like dripping so well, I also like having some attys around. Here's something I plan on checking out in the future. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/atomizer-mods/221377-stainless-steel-doughnuts-dripping.html

x-smok3

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2011
Tennessee
I know these seem to be either love them or hate them, I love them and have found nothing that comes close in flavor or vapor. Discard the inner plug fluff the wick (pull it up a touch just to the top of the ceramic slot) and use the center thin seal, grove side down against the ceramic cup. Takes 20 seconds and they wick and taste better than anything else I have used. I have used Atties, Boge 2.0, and DCC. I find when I put the seal in I use the head of a push pin (like on a bulletin board) to push it in and it seals nice and even and does not leak even when laid down overnight. In fact I lay it down between hits to get the best wicking.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Put me down for CE2 love.

My CE2s don't leak a drop.
Work great at 4.5 to 5 watts.
Over 5 watts easy to burn liquid.
Mine wick pretty fast and can handle up to 90% VG.
I also do a quick dry burn before fill.
Worst problem I had was some coil rounds not intimate w/ wick and had to be fluffed w/ needle.
Can clean wick slag w/ long dry burn.
Steel CE2 is tough.

Attachments

• 00 ce2-x.jpg
    00 ce2-x.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 53

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Yeah, thats what I was wondering, is the cup seal pinching the wick? It looks so tight! So I will try to wear them in and see if they treat me better. What is your advice if the cup seal is tight on the wick?

Since you are already having problems I would go ahead and flip the cup seal.
Plus I would test w/ unflavored eliquid or straight VG.
Make sure the wick is not already slagged up.

Attachments

• 00 ce2-x.jpg
    00 ce2-x.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 36
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread