Diy e liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allan Smith

Sep 11, 2017
I am wanting to start making my own e liquid tired of paying 20$ for 30ml of liquid. I went on liquid barn's site and saw there TASTMAKER'S KIT the kit contains a 60ml of flavor concentrate which depending on the flavor its vg or pg based. Also with the kit comes a 500ml bottle of unflavored premixed liquid which is 80vg/20pg and the nic level you choose and a 30ml unicorn bottle to mix the liquid in. My question is since i am just starting out should I give this kit a try or should i just buy a bottle of pg vg and nic with flavor concentrates and mix and measure everything myself. Also i don't know if anyone has been on liquid barns website and saw the TASTEMAKERS KIT.

Reactions: stols001

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
I'd say it's not a bad way to get your feet wet while you continue researching. I'd recommend researching mixing by weight and mixing by volume to see which may interest you more, and then working to collect the supplies for it. After an initial higher cost for the basic supplies (scale, vg, pg, nic, concentrates, bottles) I just purchase a couple new flavor concentrates each month to add to my collection, it keeps my costs very low for liquid.

A few pointers, make small batches of things until you know you like them. It will conserve your raw materials.

Find some well rated recipes and buy the flavorings for those recipes or find some one shot flavors that interest you. Don't just pick a bunch of random flavors that sound good.

There are lots of online recipe calculators, just google it. The two that I use let me enter all the flavorings that I have and then I can click "what can I make" for a selection of recipes from my flavoring collection.

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
I bought a starter kit from nudenicotine a couple years ago. It was fairly cheap at $30. It had everything I needed to get started and some stuff that I didn't use right away.

I don't regret buying it because it was a good base to build from. Even though it's probably cheaper to buy the individual items separately, it still was a good way to start.

You should check out myfreedomsmokes starter kit. It's much more customize-able. DIY Mixing Starter Kit

I would buy a larger bottle of 100 mg/ml to go with the kit.

Allan Smith

Sep 11, 2017
I think there's nothing wrong with starting with a kit, as long as it isn't crazy expensive. It's a good way to start figuring out if the process is for you.

I didn't buy a kit but started with small amounts as I wanted to see how I liked the vendor and the nicotine, prior to making large purchases....

Anna
Basically the tastemakers kit from liquid barn comes with the flavor concentrate and premixed unflavored e liquid base with vg pg and nic already mixed in the same bottle. All you have to do with this kit is put the recommended percentage of the flavor concentrate in the unicorn bottle the kit provides and then fill the rest of the bottle with the premixed e liquid base that is provided with the kit

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yes, I still think it's fine starting out that way. It's not going to be quite the same as DIY starting from scratch and measuring everything, but I think it's a perfectly reasonable step along the way to see how you like the liquid and etc. If you want to go true DIY, you'll be needing more equipment but there's absolutely no reason you can't start out this way...

Anna

Reactions: Mixalott
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread