Diy mod build

Status
Not open for further replies.

cghildreth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Central Texas
Agree with the above posts. Watch some vids. Get an idea of what a decent joint looks like and go to town practicing. You'll find its really pretty easy even with a cheapy iron. I recently picked up a decent soldering station with adjustable temp. I really like it, but find that most of the time if i need to just wire up a couole connections i am still just breaking out my 25w radio shack iron. :)

Tallone

Jun 25, 2014
United Kingdom
It is perfectly possible to build a solderless box mod but not recommended for beginners. However tape and twisted wires is not the way. Fully mechanical unregulated box Modders go to great lengths to avoid solder using copper rod, brass sheet etc to achieve some great results an effect of which is usually very low voltage drops under load.

But good advice.. Learn to solder but keep an open mind on how you want to build your mod.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I really Don't have a Problem if someone wants to make a Box Mod out of a Metal Tin and then just twist the wires and put Electrical Tape on them. Or if the Don't want to Epoxy things down so they Can't Jostle Around when Carried or Dropped.

None of that Bothers me in the Least. I Mean, It's still a Semi-Free Country. Right? And what You want to do and the Risks that You want to take are kinda your Own.

But what seems Wrong is if Someone made a POS Mod like this and then Tried to sell it on e-Bay. That Doesn't seem like a very cool thing to Do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread