Do not use the Samsung 26F battery above 5A or 20W!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    I'm getting more and more reports of the Samsung ICR18650-26F being sold with high power mods like the smok H-Priv 220W.

This is ridiculous.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

That is a 5.2A-rated battery and it will perform very badly above about 5A/20W. If used in a high power device it could heat the batteries up enough to damage them or even cause them to vent (not thermal runaway though).

Do not use the Samsung 26F at above 5A or 20W per battery.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    The H-Priv is extremely unsuitable at it's max wattage with any batteries. I can't imagine that any other electrical device is retailed with inappropriate batteries like the vaping market regularly does.
    Incidentally the Samsung ICR18650-26F was the first 18650 I ever owned.

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I'm amazed manufacturers would package their equipment with that.
    Sonicbomb said:
    The H-Priv is extremely unsuitable at it's max wattage with any batteries. I can't imagine that any other electrical device is retailed with inappropriate batteries like the vaping market regularly does.
    That's why I tell new vapers to never assume that the "free" battery included in a mod kit is the right battery to use. Mod manufacturers often don't have a clue when it comes to picking the better battery for their devices. How many manufacturers have been recommending a 35 amp battery, apparently unaware that no such thing exists?

@Mooch, I recall that the Samsung26F was included with the original Joytech Evic.

eVic01_1.jpg

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread