Does ejuice lose its potency after a while?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Store ejuice in a cool, dark place. Heat, light and oxygen will break down the nicotine faster. It's normal for juice to darken after sitting awhile (it's the nicotine). It's harmless at first, but later the nic will begin to break down and the flavour and nic levels will deteriorate.

How old is your juice? Mine will last at least a year or so with some darkening but no serious degradation just sitting in a cool cupboard.

Reactions: rbrookv

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
I've started to kinda notice somewhat of a change after my ejuice has sat for a bit, like it starts to change color and doesn't taste as well as it used to and I've also noticed the "throat hit" gets weaker after a while. Is there anyway I can prevent this from happening?
Ejuice will darken over time as it oxidizes, a good juice makers juice will actually get better after 3-4 weeks.. As for throat hit some times flavors can have alcohol in them when the alcohol evaporates it gets smoother.

rbrookv

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2017
Store ejuice in a cool, dark place. Heat, light and oxygen will break down the nicotine faster. It's normal for juice to darken after sitting awhile (it's the nicotine). It's harmless at first, but later the nic will begin to break down and the flavour and nic levels will deteriorate.

How old is your juice? Mine will last at least a year or so with some darkening but no serious degradation just sitting in a cool cupboard.
It's about 2 weeks old. I tend to leave my juice bottles in an old butter bowl on my computer desk. Should I maybe try storing some of my bottles in my refrigerator or something instead or? I didn't really know the nicotine level could actually deteriorate after a long period of time I thought it always stayed the same no matter what. You learn something new every day I guess lol

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
It's about 2 weeks old. I tend to leave my juice bottles in an old butter bowl on my computer desk. Should I maybe try storing some of my bottles in my refrigerator or something instead or? I didn't really know the nicotine level could actually deteriorate after a long period of time I thought it always stayed the same no matter what. You learn something new every day I guess lol

At two weeks, the change in throat hit is probably just alcohol evaporating like @Canadian_Vaper mentioned. A drawer or cupboard or even the fridge is better for any juices that'll be around for a while, but if they're just small bottles you're going to use up in a few weeks it shouldn't harm them to be out and about. Just don't leave them in direct sunlight or by a radiator or something like that.

I've been vaping four years and I'm still learning new things about it. I'd probably get bored if I wasn't.:)

Reactions: rbrookv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread