Does nicotine juice lose potency over time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numanoid

Jan 12, 2010
MN
Hey all, I have a weird situation and need some help. I ordered some 100mg unflavored nic several months ago to up my intake for some low nic juices. It worked like a charm at first and I definitely noticed the throat hit (using a Joye 510.)

Now, I'm not really getting much of anything from it. I taste the juice, get the vaopr but not getting the throat hit and it's not curbing my desire for nic. I was mixing to about 25mg.

Does the nic go bad or go inactive over time? I notice oxidation (it was clear, now it's got a hint of yellow.) After suspecting this, I went to an old juice bottle marked 24mg and tried it, and sure enough, bigger throat hit, and I noticed the nicotine buzz not present in my mixed batch.

Thanks for any help.

Grenage

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2008
Portsmouth, UK
Hey all, I have a weird situation and need some help. I ordered some 100mg unflavored nic several months ago to up my intake for some low nic juices. It worked like a charm at first and I definitely noticed the throat hit (using a Joye 510.)

Now, I'm not really getting much of anything from it. I taste the juice, get the vaopr but not getting the throat hit and it's not curbing my desire for nic. I was mixing to about 25mg.

Does the nic go bad or go inactive over time? I notice oxidation (it was clear, now it's got a hint of yellow.) After suspecting this, I went to an old juice bottle marked 24mg and tried it, and sure enough, bigger throat hit, and I noticed the nicotine buzz not present in my mixed batch.

Thanks for any help.

In my experience, yes - but not after only a few months. Are you keeping it in a fridge?

Grenage

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2008
Portsmouth, UK
No, it was in a cool dark place though.

I ordered a 48mg flavored juice and will cut it down to see if it's just me or the juice. I'm almost sure it's the juice though.

If the colour is changing, it could well be. I don't buy anything larger than 30ml bottles, but I have many and I keep them in the fridge.

That said, I have a load of flu-cured liquid that I never kept in the fridge, and it's nearly two years old now. I tried some, and it was ok; these were sealed bottles that I had to cut open, so that might have some impact.

Numanoid

Jan 12, 2010
MN
If the colour is changing, it could well be. I don't buy anything larger than 30ml bottles, but I have many and I keep them in the fridge.

That said, I have a load of flu-cured liquid that I never kept in the fridge, and it's nearly two years old now. I tried some, and it was ok; these were sealed bottles that I had to cut open, so that might have some impact.

After doing some extensive searching on this site and elsewhere, the consensus is that the nicotine won't degrade over time, it's the PG/VG that will.

I'm going to mix a new batch later today and see if it makes a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread